• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 76's map is getting expanded in 2024; also reached 17M players

Meicyn

Gold Member
I got this game with the Xbox One X, it’s still sealed on the case. Should I play it?
It’s Bethesda’s best map to date. Some of their best writing too. You can play it as you would a single player game, you will just run into other players who you can choose to ignore if you want.

The game does a good job of exploring Appalachia’s history with the exploited mining population and corporate thuggery, the eventual replacement of those workers with automation in this alternate history, and more. It’s worth checking out IMO.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
A map expansion will coax me into coming back to this hot garbage dump.
I'm actually being serious. The game is enjoyable in small ejaculations.

I got this game with the Xbox One X, it’s still sealed on the case. Should I play it?
The 2024 version of this game is very different than the 2018 version.

They didn't do a full-on No Man's Sky(at least not yet), but the game has been improved upon by quite a bit since it's inception. I think it will hold a healthy fanbase depending on how long they support it.

e0n

The game is still not good. Even ignoring the resource grind and bland quests, it has constant hitlag that I don't think has ever been fixed.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Anyone know if any worthwhile single player story content has come out since then?
I already answered this question quite literally before the topic got bumped but to answer this question again ignoring the many side quests that got added since Wastelanders they have added the Brotherhood of Steel main story quests and Atlantic City main story quests.

The game is still not good. Even ignoring the resource grind and bland quests, it has constant hitlag that I don't think has ever been fixed.
I'm honestly glad that I can't perceive this or aren't bothered by stuttering or low FPS because it would make playing retro games a headache.

Last edited:

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

Last edited:
Top Bottom