• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Pejo

Well, looks like it's... i dunno, late teens/early 20s Medusa? Doesn't look like the original one, but doesn't look like Ana either.

t01cht99n4ab1.jpg

I'm withholding judgement until I see the ascensions, but I was hoping for a more mature version.

Well, looks like it's... i dunno, late teens/early 20s Medusa? Doesn't look like the original one, but doesn't look like Ana either.

t01cht99n4ab1.jpg

I'm withholding judgement until I see the ascensions, but I was hoping for a more mature version.

Oh she's the one from Ordeal Call 1 iirc. You can see her ascensions here:

Pejo

Whatever the hell he wants, mongrel!

What would you say if I mentioned that I had no idea append skills existed until last night? I also went into the menus for card customization for the first time last night too, with those command codes or whatever that give buffs to specific cards. Everything is so damn QP expensive.

Also, it's with great pleasure to announce that I finally used a grail for the first time in 3 or so years.

Last edited:

deanote666

Whatever the hell he wants, mongrel!

What would you say if I mentioned that I had no idea append skills existed until last night? I also went into the menus for card customization for the first time last night too, with those command codes or whatever that give buffs to specific cards. Everything is so damn QP expensive.

Also, it's with great pleasure to announce that I finally used a grail for the first time in 3 or so years.
I'll admit I don't really do anything with command codes and those paw cards but the append skills are one of two things tied to the servant coins.

I mostly focus on append skills 1 or 2. Skill 3 usually deals with a class that servant probably doesn't go against.

I changed my QP farm setup and I'm getting around 4.7m QP per run. ;)

My main drain is the class gems needed for skills. Koya drained my gunpowder though.

What I hate is how all the characters I want to level up skills all use the same items. Got over 500 serpent gems and no one uses those. Other materials I'm lucky to keep in the triple digits. When a material is going to dip below 100, I hold off in case there's that one servant I want to level up skills so I can't level them up freely.

Last edited:

Pejo

I'll admit I don't really do anything with command codes and those paw cards but the append skills are one of two things tied to the servant coins.

I mostly focus on append skills 1 or 2. Skill 3 usually deals with a class that servant probably doesn't go against.

I changed my QP farm setup and I'm getting around 4.7m QP per run. ;)

My main drain is the class gems needed for skills. Koya drained my gunpowder though.

What I hate is how all the characters I want to level up skills all use the same items. Got over 500 serpent gems and no one uses those. Other materials I'm lucky to keep in the triple digits. When a material is going to dip below 100, I hold off in case there's that one servant I want to level up skills so I can't level them up freely.
It's a shame you can't buff NP cards with the command codes. 99% of the battles in this game only use NP cards as damage. It'd be nice to stick a 20% Quick Up or something on them for even more damage.

Pejo

Finished my Vitch tonight, but then I realized that I have to get the looper's NP skill to 10 at the very least to even test it out.

Out of the choices that you can do right now without Oberon, I think I'm gonna try out Ibuki and Morgan.

Back to the QP mines...

x1

Pejo

Just getting around to all the anniversary stuff. I was able to solo Goetia with Kama. It's incredible thinking how easy it is now compared to when I first fought him. My blood was pumping so hard when I beat him back then with Herc. Good shit.

Anyways I'm going to bum rush LB4 and LB5 to see if I can finish it before those tickets go away. I wasn't planning on rolling Oberon but apparently he's a necessity for Buster Loop for most cases, so now I feel obligated.

What's that red hat looking thing that is the reward for the final memorial quest? A Command Code?

Anyways, I was hoping Olympus was the first part of LB5, but it seems to be the 2nd part. Doubt I will make it all the way, but we'll see.

deanote666

Just getting around to all the anniversary stuff. I was able to solo Goetia with Kama. It's incredible thinking how easy it is now compared to when I first fought him. My blood was pumping so hard when I beat him back then with Herc. Good shit.

Anyways I'm going to bum rush LB4 and LB5 to see if I can finish it before those tickets go away. I wasn't planning on rolling Oberon but apparently he's a necessity for Buster Loop for most cases, so now I feel obligated.

What's that red hat looking thing that is the reward for the final memorial quest? A Command Code?

Anyways, I was hoping Olympus was the first part of LB5, but it seems to be the 2nd part. Doubt I will make it all the way, but we'll see.
Command code.

You'll want to do LB5 with those leyline stones. Plenty of hard nodes in there.

Pejo

Posting these mostly for my own reference later, but someone else might find them useful too:

oigntsl88uab1.png

q810pit88uab1.png

fdy1ei198uab1.png

xkn581998uab1.png

Pejo

Man, I was not expecting this maintenance. I had reserved the night to finish LB4 and start on 5, but now it's already late. I think I can kiss that 2nd Anni CE ticket goodbye.

deanote666

Finished LB 6 Part 3.

Those were some rough boss fights towards the end, wew.

Story-wise, I think this has been my favorite main story segment of the entire game so far.
Congrats!

Still working through LB6 part 17 myself. ;)

Diverted some time to the genshin event. About done with that though.

Pejo

Finally lucked out a bit, used all my 30~ tickets and nothing there, but got him in 60 quartz. Still have 140~ to start saving for summer banners now. This banner schedule has been absolutely brutal.

Pejo

Got him NP1 relatively cheap.

Lots of debuffs on this dude. Why is he important again besides vs alter ego?
Apparently he's the missing piece to allow your buster looping to not do piss poor damage? I only rolled him to make sure I had all the pieces for buster loops, so that was my reasoning.

deanote666

Did they really just stealth drop Oberon or did I miss an announcement?

Too poor right now to take advantage, anyway :(

Screenshot_20230712-230150.png
Look at you, being all selfish and not selling your organs (joking).

Hope it goes well if you do pull.
Apparently he's the missing piece to allow your buster looping to not do piss poor damage? I only rolled him to make sure I had all the pieces for buster loops, so that was my reasoning.
Isn't his buster buff tied to a debuff that ko's your character for the rest of the battle though?

Or is this my moment like when I got ya boy Kongming on the first GSSR and thought I got a dud?

Got mothman to 10/10/10. Need to finish LB6 to unlock ascension 3 art, skin.

Last edited:

Pejo

Isn't his buster buff tied to a debuff that ko's your character for the rest of the battle though?
The idea is to swap him in at round 3 with plugsuit and then do your buffs and KO whatever you're fighting in the 3rd round, particularly for when your 3rd round NP doesn't do enough damage to 1 round KO the final node. In other words farming only, no CQ.

*edit*

To add to this, we are soon/eventually getting level 90++ farming nodes for events where the boss on the 3rd stage has over 1 million HP, so either you need to have 2 NPs ready to chain the last round or you use Oberon + any meta support. He supposedly works in Arts teams too, not sure about Quick.

Last edited:
It's finally out. If you've finished LB6, there should be a quest to get the spiritron dress. I think you can get the key even if you haven't gotten Morgan yet (I was able to get Melusine's outfit keys without having her).

Screenshot_20230717-230628.png

Last edited:

deanote666

It's finally out. If you've finished LB6, there should be a quest to get the spiritron dress. I think you can get the key even if you haven't gotten Morgan yet (I was able to get Melusine's outfit keys without having her).

Screenshot_20230717-230628.png
Working on section 21 myself. Been busy so haven't had a chance to plow through it.

Spiritron dresses are always available, even if you don't have the character.

Story AP is now halved since you finished it. ;)

Perfect time to get caught up, Pejo Pejo ;)

Pejo

Peeps be thinking we're about to catch up to JP...

The end is nigh.

This really has my gears turning.

I could see a few things:

• EN catch-up with less "dead weeks" between events.
  • Anime/game announcement or updates of some sort, free promotion from a sizeable base.
  • Some sort of major QoL updates
  • My personal favorite and the one I hope - engine update. Bringing us into full 3D using FGO arcade base models or something similar.

deanote666

This really has my gears turning.

I could see a few things:

• EN catch-up with less "dead weeks" between events.
  • Anime/game announcement or updates of some sort, free promotion from a sizeable base.
  • Some sort of major QoL updates
  • My personal favorite and the one I hope - engine update. Bringing us into full 3D using FGO arcade base models or something similar.
There's no "dead weeks" unless you're caught up with the story. ;)

deanote666

Always fun finding typos. Found 1 in LB6.

Tanding instead of standing

Somehow made it through 29-2 without being wiped out. Not sure why they bothered adding a mechanic to the fight that's basically rendered useless since the enemy wipes the floor with you too fast.

Astolfo was the last "man" standing.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Didnt even knew there was an OT to this,

Great game for fate enthusiasts and terrible for poor people. I love Skadi and Scatatch. Im looking to sell my JP account. I will miss my waifus but i wont be missing the farming lol.

Tried to roll for Medusa Saber but got Minamoto no Tametomo instead, oh well i will take it...

Last edited:

Pejo

Didnt even knew there was an OT to this,

Great game for fate enthusiasts and terrible for poor people. I love Skadi and Scatatch. Im looking to sell my JP account. I will miss my waifus but i wont be missing the farming lol.

Tried to roll for Medusa Saber but got Minamoto no Tametomo instead, oh well i will take it...
Not even gonna wait for the JP livestream to decide to quit or not?

deanote666

Whew. I don't know what I'd have done if they capped the number of boxes you could grind...

arrested development hiding GIF
Prized skill materials in the prize wheel. I recommend farming the 💩 out of it. 😘

These events are ember mines, QP mines, and skill material mines all wrapped together.

Last edited:

Pejo

So did anybody watch, was there any big news that effected both JP and NA? I saw that Castoria, Chloe, and Suzuka got swimsuit versions announced and there was some info on Samurai Remnant (Cu made it in, hell yea), but it's been quiet other than that. I was hoping they had some big announcement or were gonna speed up NA or something.

It's a gyaru gyaru summer.

F2LsQepaAAA_ryr.png

Last edited:
So did anybody watch, was there any big news that effected both JP and NA? I saw that Castoria, Chloe, and Suzuka got swimsuit versions announced and there was some info on Samurai Remnant (Cu made it in, hell yea), but it's been quiet other than that. I was hoping they had some big announcement or were gonna speed up NA or something.

It's a gyaru gyaru summer.

F2LsQepaAAA_ryr.png

I think the big stream is tomorrow. 8th anni servant reveal and all that.

deanote666

Stream is tonight.

Artoria is trending since her swimsuit version has been revealed.

All I got to say about Oberon's interlude fight is F that. Took several attempts to finish it. Needed to use the mystic code with debuff removal. Enemy has a 5 hit evade buff that isn't listed in their buffs so I had to google why the enemy was seemingly invulnerable to all of my attacks. MHXX was the star of that show.

Last edited:
Top Bottom