• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February 2016 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes March 8th

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I still need to understand if CosmicQueso was including handhelds in his comment: since New 3DS was released in February 2015, it wouldn't be a shocker to see double-digit-percentage hardware decrease and home consoles the same/a bit up from last year overall; and I don't get why it'd be "poopy" in the case, unless there's more. If he were referring to just home consoles, instead...eh.

Welfare

Sony's PR

So Feb 16 < Feb 15 but Feb 16 + Jan 16 > Feb 15 + Jan 15?
--------------

Are we sure YoY growth is for February and not the year?

Why should we assume they don't mean this month? That looks to be like the same generic PR they use.

Huh?

Also, it's still kind of crazy to me that PS4 is YoY up with the price still at $350. That's just crazy.

It was $399 last year.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Wow what a boring month.

It's boring only if you care about PS4 VS XBO.

For other people like me, no, sales of Fates and Far Cry Primal are interesting.

And i don't care about Street Fighter V, but a looooooooooooooooooooooot of guys are waiting for this...

ethomaz

Banned
I Jan PS4 was up YoY while the others consoles are all down making the overall hw flat.

It is possible PS4 be up again and overall hw be down.

Blanquito

It was $399 last year.

No, sorry, I wasn't comparing the price to last year, I was just saying that the price is still $350 after being this long on the market and it still is showing YoY growth (even if last year it was $50 more expensive). It just seems crazy that they've only had one price drop in 2+ years and still doing YoY growth.

No, sorry, I wasn't comparing the price to last year, I was just saying that the price is still $350 after being this long on the market and it still is showing YoY growth (even if last year it was $50 more expensive). It just seems crazy that they've only had one price drop in 2+ years and still doing YoY growth.
It is also worth noting the PS4 did not experience what the X1 did from holiday 2014 to early 2015. The X1 was forced to go back down to $350 after going back up to $400 in January.

The PS4 has been able to maintain the $50 price increase after the $300 price point over last holiday.

bud23

In the last 14 months, the Xbox One has only outsold PS4 two out of the last 14 months

ol40nq8.gif

Hawkens

The way I understand it is that Sony is talking about the year 2016, and not February. I could be wrong though.

Fair enough.

If they put a qualifier in like :"Strong year over year sales for the year" or "Strong year over year sales for the month" it would be a bit more clear.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Since release, PS4 has outsold the XB1 22 months. XB1 outsold PS4 in 5 months.

XB1 outsold PS4 in December 2013, November 2014, December 2014, April 2015, and October 2015.

Hawkens

Since release, PS4 has outsold the XB1 22 months. XB1 outsold PS4 in 5 months.

XB1 outsold PS4 in December 2013, November 2014, December 2014, April 2015, and October 2015.

Wait we've had an even number of months since launch(28), how are you getting 27?

Top Bottom