• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CO_Andy

i can't believe no Capcom Pro Talk has become the new normal

did Miek Rass and Floe ever give a decent excuse on its hiatus?

I miss seeing nlbc and wnf and just catch ultrachen at work since I can just listen to it but overwatch streams have been my more recent go tos. That said I haven't seen anyone as entertaining as capcom pro talk or some of floe's streams.

Malice215

I enjoyed the show, but Capcom Pro Talk had little to none pro talk to speak of on the show.

WSO Sessions was on earlier today showing off the SFV halloween costumes. Super Desperation Radio is still around on Mondays. ATP LIve still goes on when Aris is able to corral the other two stoners up for a show.

NLBC isn't the same without Spooky, but Sanford stirring up drama should be entertaining tomorrow. WNF is still Thursday Morning Fights so I can't watch it.

What sucks is the hole left by BO3 leaving the airwaves because nobody else actually talks about what happens on the pro tour and brings on guests.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Last time I saw Du's Guile was like a month or something ago. Apparently he really leveled up. Things are falling into place. Smug King of NY, Sanford is salty again, Du's Guile is on top, etc.

NEO0MJ

Man, BB CF seems to have kinda bombed, selling only 30k combined during its first week. And something tells me they won't improve much later.

OMG Ninjacw died. Condolences to his family.

Don't know much about him but it seems he did good so RIP.

I understand it's very early, but is BBCF doing worse off than XRD Revelator?

02./00. [PS4] BlazBlue: Central Fiction # <FTG> (Arc System Works) {2016.10.06} (¥6.800) - 20.608 / NEW
06./00. [PS3] BlazBlue: Central Fiction # <FTG> (Arc System Works) {2016.10.06} (¥6.800) - 9.674 / NEW

05./00. [PS4] Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator # <FTG> (Arc System Works) {2016.05.26} (¥6.800) - 17.829 / NEW
08./00. [PS3] Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator # <FTG> (Arc System Works) {2016.05.26} (¥6.800) - 9.385 / NEW

There's been a hardware revision/price drop on the PS4 sine Revelator came out. So it's doing about exactly the same. In terms of home console sales.

Is there a tutorial for nine? lol.

I was not ready for how complex this witch is.
I've watched over 200 Nine sets since her release in reparation. :-D

Here are some ABCs:
Everything chains into everything, but you can only chain in the same directional input twice. So for example, the following chains does not work:
5A, 5B, 5C

But this chain does work:
5A, 5B, 2C

This chain also works because you are changing directions:
5A, 2A, 5A, 2A

qcb.A is combo-only (or get in + rapid cancel for a mix-up)
After teleporting, double tap U, D, L, or R for a second teleport (100% invincible the entire time).

qcb.B is a DP (but most people use 6A for reactive anti-airs and 6C for pre-emptive anti-airs).

qcb.C is an overhead (good for unblockable setups, but really risky in the neutral)

D is spells.
qcb.D and qcf.D...one of them is a DP that uses spell stocks and gives an insignificant buff, and the other swaps her current spell into storage for multi-spell combos and pressure)

Her bnb (I think, from memory and I haven't done it yet)
4A, 5C, 5C, D (it's the rock drop if I got this wrong), 6C, jump cancel (most of her normals jump cancel), j.A, j.A, D, j.A, 5A, 2C, D (this should summon a fairy for oki pressure)

There are TONS of variations on this, but this was the first and most basic bnb discovered for her, and it's the one I see the most often. Other good enders are qcb.A into the overhead firestorm (its size expands as your vertical increases).

Quick spell overview (W = Water; A = Air; F = Fire)
W, WW, and WWW - combo fodder only
A, AA, and AAA - used as a long-range poke, but infrequently; knocks down
F, FF, and FFF - potential frame trap combo starter, but mostly combo fuel
WAF - ridiculous damage, but disappears if you get hit (or block?); there are combos that last the entire duration of the timer out there
WA - skull that gives you armor against body attacks only...I've never seen it used
WF - so underloved; travels a very long distance and has enormous hitstun; used in some corner combos
AF - anti-zoning tool; has a hitbox on summon and a collision box for its entire duration
WWA - Nu/Lambda's gravity seed; prevents jumping; used in some unblockable setups
WWF - the fairy - your best midscreen pressure tool; also some crazy combos
AAW - Evangelion orb that explodes...IMO useless outside of flashy Marvel combos
AAF - great oki tool, but like most of her spells it disappears if she gets hit. Good for unblockables and instant overheads. You can also combo into this, but the damage isn't as stellar as one would like.
FFW - like 90% of Nine's non-combo spells in competitive matches. Full screen tracking instant overhead that ground bounces - lol.
FFA - unblockables!
No element - doesn't seem to have a significant use outside of combo video material

Let me know if you have any questions while learning her. Either I know, or you give me a chance to look something up and learn more. That spell list was good review for me. :-D

02./00. [PS4] BlazBlue: Central Fiction # <FTG> (Arc System Works) {2016.10.06} (¥6.800) - 20.608 / NEW
06./00. [PS3] BlazBlue: Central Fiction # <FTG> (Arc System Works) {2016.10.06} (¥6.800) - 9.674 / NEW

05./00. [PS4] Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator # <FTG> (Arc System Works) {2016.05.26} (¥6.800) - 17.829 / NEW
08./00. [PS3] Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator # <FTG> (Arc System Works) {2016.05.26} (¥6.800) - 9.385 / NEW

There's been a hardware revision/price drop on the PS4 sine Revelator came out. So it's doing about exactly the same. In terms of home console sales.

To add to this:
04./00. [PS4] The King of Fighters XIV <FTG> (SNK Playmore) {2016.08.25} (¥7.200) - 20.655 / NEW

I guess this is the new ceiling for fighting game releases in Japan?

I think Nine has one of my new favorite distortion drives in this game (the one where she takes off her hat and fires the lasers). Has a strong "shit is about to get real" feels to it and the OD version summons her demon thing at the end.

Skilletor

Let me know if you have any questions while learning her. Either I know, or you give me a chance to look something up and learn more. That spell list was good review for me. :-D

Awesome, man, thanks. Going to hit up training tonight. Her dash threw me for a loop, but I don't care. A real magic user in a fighter? Fuck yeah.

I don't know much about Blazblue but I was running people at the arcade by mashing with her few montha ago lol.

You're coming to FADC, aren't you?

notworksafe

You're coming to FADC, aren't you?
I was undecided but I think I can make it up for that weekend. I'm tight on days off work cause I got a big Disney World trip this month, but if I leave after work Friday and come back Sunday afternoon it should be cool. Plus I have some "Colorado specific purchases" I'm gonna need to make lol.

Skilletor

I was undecided but I think I can make it up for that weekend. I'm tight on days off work cause I got a big Disney World trip this month, but if I leave after work Friday and come back Sunday afternoon it should be cool. Plus I have some "Colorado specific purchases" I'm gonna need to make lol.

hahahahahaha. Word, I'm planning on going. :)

Kalamari

Ninjacw was a young dude, so much life left to live. I didn't know of him, really, but it really hurts to see people die so young. I am sure he will be very missed by many. RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom