• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were Chris T I would feel pretty good about my chances of making it. From the looks of it, XSK is the one most in danger of losing his spot, but even the chances of that happening don't seem likely. It would take a combination of very high finishes by a few players to knock out XSK.

It would make for a less interesting tourney but I actually hope all the guys with a lot of points in Asia don't participate in the final two ranking events. I want all the desperate dudes in there like Poongko, Itabashi, Nemo, Humanbomb, or John Takeuchi fighting to try and take one of the Asian spots. Would make for a more interesting race in the CPT although the quality of the tournament would drop. But I'd actually be OK with that.

pixelish

wow pro talk really got cancelled!!

Mike Ross ‏@ThatMikeRossGuy 1m
Today marks my last day at @Twitch. It's been the craziest ride, but for now I'm taking some much needed R&R. See you all at Capcom Cup!

tumblr_of611y0P2p1qfkfyjo1_540.jpg

tumblr_of611y0P2p1qfkfyjo2_540.jpg

MrDaravon

Happy trails, Mike Ross. I never really understood exactly what you did at Twitch but I still am sad that it's over.

This.

Curious where he winds up next, guess it depends on if he left or if he was let go for whatever reason. My initial reaction would be Capcom because of how closely he worked with them and he's roommates (I think?) with Combofiend etc, but I'm not sure what he would even really do there. Could be doing the Evo thing full-time similar to Markman (although he also works for Namco in some capacity), or something totally different, he's a decent public face that someone might have wanted.

Unless he is going to Capcom and they're going to do CPT themselves next year I really wonder if they'll fill the void with anything next year for the Pro Tour/Season 2. Not that CPT was necessary per se with website updates, social media etc, but it was still ostensibly a US face for the Pro Tour. WSO probably actually performed it's job much better than CPT ever did, but with time zones and being based out of the UK (IIRC?) it probably didn't get the broader audience here.

Interesting times. Hope Mike is doing well and lands on his feet, but I'm also curious what this means going forward for Pro Tour stuff.

@shmegegge
@ThatMikeRossGuy @Twitch New phone. Who is this?

LOL

This.

Curious where he winds up next, guess it depends on if he left or if he was let go for whatever reason. My initial reaction would be Capcom because of how closely he worked with them and he's roommates (I think?) with Combofiend etc, but I'm not sure what he would even really do there. Could be doing the Evo thing full-time similar to Markman (although he also works for Namco in some capacity), or something totally different, he's a decent public face that someone might have wanted.

Unless he is going to Capcom and they're going to do CPT themselves next year I really wonder if they'll fill the void with anything next year for the Pro Tour/Season 2. Not that CPT was necessary per se with website updates, social media etc, but it was still ostensibly a US face for the Pro Tour. WSO probably actually performed it's job much better than CPT ever did, but with time zones and being based out of the UK (IIRC?) it probably didn't get the broader audience here.

Interesting times. Hope Mike is doing well and lands on his feet, but I'm also curious what this means going forward for Pro Tour stuff.

I'm not sure what Mike's relationship with Capcom is but even back in 2012, he was hosting the Street Fighter 25th anniversary tournament. His twitch job wasn't even the first opportunity that made him move to Norcal. Initially Street Fighter was going to do some sort of esports thing with IPL. Mike was going to be heavily involved and started internet segments called "Mike Ross' Neighboorhood." It was basically Capcom Pro Talk.

It's just speculation but perhaps Mike not being at twitch any more means that twitch won't be heavily involved in the street fighter esports initiative as they have been in the last couple of years.

Tripon

here-s-how-red-bull-proving-grounds-will-work.jpg

This is more for me setting it up for this weekend than anything else.

For Redbull Proving Grounds, 16 players total:

Atlanta:

1. Dregamasta (950 points)
2. Ice Effect (925 points)
3. Terrance (875 points)

Chicago

1. The Cool Kid93 (1050 points)
2. GLB (1000 points)
3. BxA Squall (950 points)

Seattle

1. JLMN (950 points)
2. Nightmare2450 (850 points)
3. KyleP (700 points)

Philly

1. Dieminion (775 points)
2. TS|Sabin (750 points)
3. GTG MikeandIke12 (725 points)

Los Angeles

1. Rom (750 points)
2. Filipino Man (600 points)
3. NYChrisG (525 points)

Toronto

1. STDx Van Nguyen

Note: Toronto only gets 1 spot in the Red Bull Proving Ground, while every other city gets 3 entries.
https://smash.gg/proving-grounds/standings

shaowebb

Hmm...I wonder when "Chaos Code: New Sign of Catastrophe " will finally hit PS4?
It was supposed to launch this year and give folks some much needed netplay and life for this game series.

Main character is fun as hell BTW. Nice rekkas for in and out play plus really fun zoning tools.

Fun game if you like footsies
You get to select supers and movment options before the match starts in this title too.

Tripon

CPT Latin America Regional Finals ep.

Event and Venue Information:

"The Last Chance", CPT Latin America Last Chance Qualifier:
Date: October 29th
Venue: X-Revolution, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
English Stream will be on twitch.tv/capcomfighters
Portuguese Stream will be on twitch.tv/x_revolution
Event opens at 10:00 AM, BRT, 6:00 AM Pacific.
Pools start at 10:30 AM, BRT, 6:30 AM Pacific.
You can register for the Last Chance Qualifier here.
Capcom Pro Tour – Latin America Finals:

Date: November 2nd
Important: This event is VIP only and is not open to the public!
Venue: Pestana Hotel - São Paulo - Brazil
Event opens at 10:00 AM BRT, 6:00 AM Pacific. Matches start at 11:00 AM BRT, 7:00 AM Pacific.
English Stream will be on twitch.tv/capcomfighters
Portuguese Stream TBD

http://capcomprotour.com/announcing-the-capcom-pro-tour-latin-america-finals/

Hmm...I wonder when "Chaos Code: New Sign of Catastrophe " will finally hit PS4?
It was supposed to launch this year and give folks some much needed netplay and life for this game series.

Main character is fun as hell BTW. Nice rekkas for in and out play plus really fun zoning tools.

Fun game if you like footsies
You get to select supers and movment options before the match starts in this title too.

November in Asia. I do hope it makes it to the west. Super fun game and now it has netplay.

Edit: KoF14 is getting patched TODAY.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Street Fighter V pros talk about their biggest issues with the CPT

Kind of interesting. I still don't think the point structure should be flatter, but the people calling for it are exactly those you would expect. Like Ricki, LPN or Flash. Players that travel a lot but never win a tournament. They barely have a chance to make it.
I do like the idea of restricting the regional finals a little bit, though. They don't really fulfill the role they're supposed to have.
And lol at Snake Eyez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom