• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | 4/20-26 | Beowulf Wrasslin', Mewtwo Smashin', Netkode Krashin

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yb6s3FW.png

That was cool of him visiting the event.

How fucking retarded can Capcom be?

Why the fuck would you dedicate time to two video games at a fucking game show to only show old trailers and not release any new information?

VariantX

Kind of pointless to even bring up sf5 if you didn't plan on saying anything new about it. Even another ryu/ chun exhibition would have been fine since you could do a bit of analysis of the footage and try and figure out a bit more about the game.

Numb

Not prepared to say that.

They dropped the Nash trailer on a random tuesday with no fan fair. I basically think they could do it again at any time.
Glad to see something random getting dropped but E3 seems too close to bring out the guns in public. I am sure Sony wants some heavy shit for it at their conference too.

Shouta

Home from the venue and finished eating stuff. I'll need to sleep a little bit before heading back down again in like 6-7 hours, lol

Ice Klones seem like such a pain to deal with in this game, especially in the corner.

An ice clone accomplishes the following with one simple input:

1) you can no longer run or dash at me

2) you can only jump forwards if it's pixel perfect, but i actually have another special move for that in case you do (ice shatter)

3) you can spend meter to break it and hit me but... that's a combo breaker or a 40% combo you won't be doing later so I don't really care

4) Oh, you're scared to do anything now? Perfect, I have low, overhead, and a way better throw option than normal

If you don't have a -safe- teleport or you're not willing to spend the meter to go through it, you will just lose. The proper way to deal with ice clones is to know exactly when it's going to destroy itself and plan your move for that moment based on what you think sub zero will do. If you think the Sub will just stay away and make another one then you can hold position without losing any life. It's like a fireball game except it just takes way longer if he chooses not to be aggressive.

vocab

An ice clone accomplishes the following with one simple input:

1) you can no longer run or dash at me

2) you can only jump forwards if it's pixel perfect, but i actually have another special move for that in case you do (ice shatter)

3) you can spend meter to break it and hit me but... that's a combo breaker or a 40% combo you won't be doing later so I don't really care

4) Oh, you're scared to do anything now? Perfect, I have low, overhead, and a way better throw option than normal

If you don't have a -safe- teleport or you're not willing to spend the meter to go through it, you will just lose. The proper way to deal with ice clones is to know exactly when it's going to destroy itself and plan your move for that moment based on what you think sub zero will do. If you think the Sub will just stay away and make another one then you can hold position without losing any life. It's like a fireball game except it just takes way longer if he chooses not to be aggressive.

Brady also has tech where if you tech a throw you still get hit by the clone. It doesn't work normally, but he does something that forces the character in the clone during the animation. Possibly a run Kara throw? Dunno.

Shouta

Cybit and I paid for his ticket. As a joke Cybit asked him and he said he would totally. Dogura, KOG, and Ogawa said they didn't mind either since I flew them out, lol.

Gigas looks kind of cool. Has Tekken ever had a character with super armor before?

Super armor in general is a new thing for Tekken, unless you count the unplayable bosses in Tekken 6.

I think Tekken Revolution introduced the super armor for the playable cast, but I might be wrong. Tekken Rev either has super armor moves or moves with invincibility frames; pseudo reversals. Either way, super armor is new for Tekken.

Super armor in general is a new thing for Tekken, unless you count the unplayable bosses in Tekken 6.

I think Tekken Revolution introduced the super armor for the playable cast, but I might be wrong. Tekken Rev either has super armor moves or moves with invincibility frames; pseudo reversals. Either way, super armor is new for Tekken.

It's invincibility frames in Rev.

Sayad

Doesn't Jin have some attacks/stances with armored frames since Tekken 4?

Village

Can I say something about rival schools.

On one hand, i hope rival schools happens. I would like to see different fighting games out of capcom, and it would be nice for people would like to see that series continue get something.

On the other hand, I feel as though if they make it, they to completely abandon the design philosophies aesthetically they had before, like throw away. They need to acknowledge high school anime and anime in general existed past the 80's, update and move on. This one of those games where i'm like " they should modernize" I always felt like those designs were dated as hell when they came out, and I have experienced a lot of highschool japanese media since then, like persona, with good uniform designs. And I know what I am asking is for them to completely disregard the people begging for that game, and redesign the characters and make it something new, but I think benifit franchise. I think if some series needs more modern sensibilities in how its characters are designs, its rival schools. Because people were talking about " standing on its own merits " when referring to whether it should exist in the sf universe , it tried to it didn't work and didn't exist for 15 years. All i'm saying is maybe we should take some chances with this fighting game.

Top Bottom