• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | 4/20-26 | Beowulf Wrasslin', Mewtwo Smashin', Netkode Krashin

xCobalt

It's important to recognize the players and the efforts they made at the tournament. It'd be pretty dumb to delay the award ceremony just so they can maintain viewership.

vulva

It's important to recognize the players and the efforts they made at the tournament. It'd be pretty dumb to delay the award ceremony just so they can maintain viewership.

Agreed. Also it's pretty ridiculous to expect that every player for every game wants to sit around all of finals day or have to return. If some anime game player wants to play first thing in the morning and fly out that night, they shouldn't have to wait 10 hours to get their award.

We're not talking about that. We're talking about the canon award, combo videos, etc... before the final top 8.

I feel like that can wait until after the entire tournament is over and they would get plenty recognition even if the tournament was over.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
marvel was a mistake

the best mistake ever

Why would it be dumb? The players are still being recognized. Delaying it would have no affect on the actually ceremony.

Edit:

Basically what KidA Seven is saying minus the players awards. I realized that players being awarded takes only like 3 minutes lol

Agreed. Also it's pretty ridiculous to expect that every player for every game wants to sit around all of finals day or have to return. If some anime game player wants to play first thing in the morning and fly out that night, they shouldn't have to wait 10 hours to get their award.

Yeah.

It is the world's biggest tournament on the world's biggest stage. It's important for it to be a big stream for the FGC/competitive fighting games as a whole, but it's also more important for the people who make the effort to travel and be there in person.

Frantic

timer scammed the fuck outta that round

that's what makes dante's infinite strong. not damage, not meter build... time wasting

We're not talking about that. We're talking about the canon award, combo videos, etc... before the final top 8.

I feel like that can wait until after the entire tournament is over and they would get plenty recognition even if the tournament was over.

Not for the people actually there. they wouldn't have anyone's attention after top 8

Unlucky

MelodicRigidBighornedsheep.gif

El Sloth

Banned
I don't understand why Footwurk went for command grab every time. Even throwing out a single dash up REEPAH would have been enough to make Schowda think twice about doing jump back divekick.

someone needs to make a gif of the player cam of fchamp watching the dante infinite scratching his head
I was more amused by Champ eventually mashing on the stick and buttons like "Hmm, maybe there's a way out no one thought of before?" He had so much time that he began to reflect on the situation, haha.

Frantic

wake up s.l is so bad with dante, even in xf3

that's why you gotta just do it sometimes. no one expects it. not even justin wong

Top Bottom