• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | 4/20-26 | Beowulf Wrasslin', Mewtwo Smashin', Netkode Krashin

El Sloth

Banned
That Under Night final was, uh, pretty convincing. <.<
Nerf 2GB.

I had never heard about the 3B - grab OS not working against Carmine in the corner. Gonna be real sad if that's true when I test it out later.

French Bread, pls patch in invincible dp for Hilda that takes up half the screen. pls

Trey

regular ass Vergil doesn't seem so scary anymore. It's Dark Vergil that is some bullshit these days. That's gotta make vergil the most snapped in character after Phoenix.

Why do people care so much about FGC viewer numbers anyways? A couple thousand viewers isn't something anyone in any sort of position of influence cares about, especially with the sort of numbers major esports or even individual variety streamers are pulling.

Dahbomb

Why do people care so much about FGC viewer numbers anyways? A couple thousand viewers isn't something anyone in any sort of position of influence cares about, especially with the sort of numbers major esports or even individual variety streamers are pulling.
People just want a sign of growth for the scene. That there's still an audience for grassroot, community run events.

Mr. X

Sponsors. People wanted high counts for big sponsors to put big money up.

Clawww

A couple of thousand isn't a lot if we're trying to stack up against eSports, but within the scene it counts for a lot. It doesn't always make sense to measure the scene's progress or growth against MOBAs

zlatko

Banned
Is this the first tourney event we didn't have a thread for? I had a hell of a time following this and knowing streams, etc.

:(

Smash 4 Top 8 was yesterday at NWM. For whatever reason, they did a one day tournament.

I guess they wanted to divide sunday among communities. One airdash game, one NRS game, one Smash game, one capcom game and UMvC3 even though marvel's turnout equaled the games that finished on saturday.

Not for the people actually there. they wouldn't have anyone's attention after top 8

Then make it before the final 2 top 8s to allow more time for the stream to gather momentum/viewers.

I don't think the audience would automatically leave btw. There are plenty of people that would show respect to the awards in person. Yeah there probably wouldn't be as big of an audience, but there would still be enough people paying attention to the awards after the entire tournament is done.

Sponsors. People wanted high counts for big sponsors to put big money up.
I can't recall viewer counts ever being a big factor for this, atleast with viewer counts under 300,000. I mean, EVO had a Toyota sponsorship back when they were selling the matches on DVDs, and the metacritic numbers for DriveClub and Order 1886 had more to do with that Sony 500k than the stream numbers for EVO last year.

Top Bottom