• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 13-19 | This Netkode Is An Injustice

Nyoro SF

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";160528576]In celebration of the Ultra SF4 PS4 announcement, stand and be counted you shameful bastards:

How many versions of SF4 do you own, and how much money have you spent on SF4, including DLC?
[/QUOTE]

SF4 360 - $40 (1.5 months after release, I think)
SSF4 360 - $40
SSF4 costumes - $5
SSF4AE 360 - $15
SSF4AE PC - Gift from Capcom (Got this at EVO 2012, I think... my memory is a bit fuzzy)
Ultra SF4 PC - $9 (Region free gift)

Total - $109

Regarding hardware:
I bought one of those crappy 360 Soul Calibur sticks for like $40 and used it for a while.
I got my Eightarc Fusion afterwards for free through a stroke of luck.
I sold it just a few months ago to fund my TE2, so the cost was not prohibitive for it.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";160528576]In celebration of the Ultra SF4 PS4 announcement, stand and be counted you shameful bastards:

How many versions of SF4 do you own, and how much money have you spent on SF4, including DLC?

SF4 360 - $60
SSF4 360 - $40
SSF4 costumes - $8
SSF4 PS3 - $40
SSF4AE PS3 - Gift from Kadey
SSF4AE PC - Gift from Capcom
Ultra SF4 PC - $15

Total - $163[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I should be embarrassed or proud to admit this but you got nothing on me

SF4 PS3 $60
SF4 PC $50
SF4 360 $20(bought it cheap a few years ago)
SSF4 PS3 $40
SSF4 360 $40
AE PS3 $15
AE 360 $15
AE PC $40
Ultra PS3 $15
Ultra 360 $15
Ultra PC $15(GFWL version)
Ultra PC $12(bought the Steam version with all the costumes at the time)
Ultra PS4 $25(I'm definitely getting it)

Basically nobody has been safe from my mashed DP's no matter which platform you played on. Only people with the Phone and DS versions in addition to all those versions can surpass me. And BTW, this has been the only game I've been actively playing for the past 6 years. Tried other games, got bored. Tried other fighters, didn't like them. So getting every version to have more and different comp to play may not seem that crazy.

El Sabroso

[/QUOTE]

SSF4AE 360 - Free with Gold
USFIV upgrade 360- $15
SSF4AE PC - $10
USFIV upgrade PC - $15

Total - $40

My report is here. It was done on monday but I had to triple check it with my sources. At the end is a very tiny update including JDCR's stream from a couple days ago.
Good stuff. I knew something was fishy with that sob story from before, even if I did just side with JDCR because of my blind bias towards anyone from South Korea lol

fader

so the JDCR issue seems to mostly be communication issue with a lot of assumptions. Well JDCR seemed to enjoy Peru (based of his stream and pictures) but didn't enjoy the tournament experience which sucks because that's why he was there.

Clawww

it's cool that they straight up said it won't be like the PS3 version, but no mention of stick compatibility... pretty much going to determine whether I buy it or not.

SSF4AE 360 - Free with Gold
USFIV upgrade 360- $15
SSF4AE PC - $10
USFIV upgrade PC - $15

Total - $40

damn we got a winner here

I basically have Rice-Eater's list + 3DS + iPhone versions soooo yeah
IPhone version is the only one I wouldn't touch. I can't see how it would be enjoyable obscuring half the screen with your thumbs.

Compared to others I'm cheap:
ssf4 ps3 $40
ae ps3 $15
usf4 $15

And I play on pad so no stick expenses really.

onionfrog

Nice writeup Gutabo. It was an interesting read.

SF4 360 - $60
SSF4 360 - $40
SSF4 costumes - $8
SSF4 PS3 - $40
SSF4AE PS3 - Gift from Kadey
SSF4AE PC - Gift from Capcom
Ultra SF4 PC - $15

Total - $163[/QUOTE]
Let me think:

SF4 PS3: $40 (from a friend shortly after launch)
SSF4AE PS3: $20
SSF4AE PS3: $16(Gift copy for a friend)
SF4 Vanilla costume DLC $6
USF4 digital upgrade: $15
USF4 digital(full game): $15

SSF4AE(with dlc) PC: $12.50
USF4 digital upgrade PC: $15.00

Total: $139.50
That's more than I thought...
But I totally don't regret it.

I'd buy USF4 again if it was getting an Xbox One release. :p

Shouta

My report is here. It was done on monday but I had to triple check it with my sources. At the end is a very tiny update including JDCR's stream from a couple days ago.

Great write-up, gutabo!

Seems like it was folks getting in over their heads and some expectations not being tempered to some degree.

xCobalt

I don't get what the TOs were trying to achieve by dedicating the majority of their budget to accommodate one player. They pretty much had nothing left for the tournament itself.

JeTmAn81

Let's see, I think I've done this:

SFIV (PS3) - $20, used
SSFIV (PS3) - $20, probably used a well
SSFIV (3DS) - $15 for this I think?
SSFIV AE (PS3) - Free with PS+
SSFIV AE (PC) - $10 on Steam
USFIV (PS3) - $15 upgrade (works with Super or AE!)

Total: $80

Not too bad for a game I haven't played that much, but has received sporadic play over five years.

Beckx

77% of the hours watched on twitch are games from 3 companies.

No fighting game publishers (other than Microsoft) are even in the top ten.

CCyQv4KUUAAr6-9.png

BadWolf

Watched some T7 Jin footage and his new design doesn't look half bad in motion.

In terms of gameplay there are so many parallels between him and Jean from VF that I will probably main him to start once the console version hits (unless Lei Wulong makes it in).

El Sabroso

CCyQv4KUUAAr6-9.png

damn mobas, all of that is lol, dota 2 and dota2 for the most part, from Blizzard is a little more of hearthstone

want to see a titles graph just to be sure how are fgs in numbers of viewership

I don't get what the TOs were trying to achieve by dedicating the majority of their budget to accommodate one player. They pretty much had nothing left for the tournament itself.

I dont get this either. Did JDCR being there make it a better event for local scene?

Local players interests first....

sosage

His abs are so hard, they go all the way up to his collar bone. :p

Sorry. I'm being an anatomy nerd.

Seriously though, maybe he has trouble remembering his name?

Has this character always had terrible design?

Who gets their first name printed in large bold letters on their abs and uses a belt with their last name.....so so terrible. His chin is also like 2 inches ahead of his mouth.

rbCqjYb.jpg

Malice215

A big Smash tournament is this weekend so that means another tournament thread is up: MVG Sandstorm

Feat. Armada, Mang0, Leffen, M2K, Hungrybox, Axe, Wobbles, ZeRo, Nairo, Xzax, & more (listing across all games, not just Melee).

Thanks. I was looking for something to watch over the weekend.

Maybe they wanted to hype up the event and or cover those expenses on the backend, but you have to take care of the locals first and have those logistics handled before spending a bunch of money to fly someone else in.

CCyQv4KUUAAr6-9.png

I'm sure MS is there because of Halo and whatever, but fighting games are nowhere near as popular as any of the other games being watched to make a dent in that chart. MKX is doing numbers right now, but give it a month to see how it does after the novelty wears off.

Saw this discussion on Twitter.

How affected do players that rely on Select plink be at Evo?

I know Sako has like 4 extra buttons to help plink for Elena.

Bonchan apparently select plinks with Sagat

Daigo select plinks with E Ryu

etc

Dlent

The fact that so many players rely on select plinking sickens me. Not because they're wrong to do it, but because of the awful input design in SF4.

In regards to who it will actually hurt though, I think most top players will be fine with some practice without it. It's not like there are any major Claw players left to suffer too much from this.

alstein

The fact that so many players rely on select plinking sickens me. Not because they're wrong to do it, but because of the awful input design in SF4.

In regards to who it will actually hurt though, I think most top players will be fine with some practice without it. It's not like there are any major Claw players left to suffer too much from this.

Hopefully there's a lot of dropped links so Capcom can see how hard it is and how unfun it is.

I'm sure MS is there because of Halo and whatever, but fighting games are nowhere near as popular as any of the other games being watched to make a dent in that chart. MKX is doing numbers right now, but give it a month to see how it does after the novelty wears off.

MS can't be there from Halo. FGs have more viewership than Halo.

El Sloth

Banned
Hahahaha, I totally forgot the PS4 doesn't have a select button. I wonder if Daigo has been grinding out how to do E. Ryu's combos legit since the EVO announcement. Well, "legit". Since there's still regular-ass plinking

Top Bottom