• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 16-22

USD

Temee no Deban ha Owari da
Chiroru (Juri)
aiai (Juri)
AnRi (Juri)
Akebo no Chounaikai (Juri)
Blue (Juri)
vs
Maji S.U.D
Ikari no K Bison (Balrog)
SAW (Ibuki)
Tanaka Kentarou (Dudley)
Shabu (Dudley)
Eetro (Ibuki)

USD

All-Juri team makes into Top 8.

Kenteki Hissatsu
Eita (Akuma)
Kindevu (Cammy)
Dogura (M.Bison)
Haitani (Makoto)
MDR (Rufus)
vs
50 Yen Powers
50 Yen (El Fuerte)
dath (C.Viper)
Sorikin (Rufus)
Meu (Makoto)
Harideshi (M.Bison)

Haitani up.

And Haitani down.

I think MDR is arguably the best Rufus in the world. Too bad he can't try and prove it because like most Japanese players, he lacks the fund to travel to huge international tournaments.

I would have to disagree. This is actually the only character in the entire cast that I think U.S is better with than Japan. I haven't been watching MDR since 2012 patch, but from what I've seen in the past he so jump happy. I know Rufus isn't exactly a footsie character by any means but every time I watch MDR it's like he's betting the entire game on his jump ins. If he gets it there then there is a good chance he wins by a big margin. If not he gets blown the fuck up.

Edit: Lol just when I post that... it plays out exactly like I said vs that Viper.....

USD

I'm still wondering why they put Kindevu as anchor, not exactly who I would want carrying the team.

20-minute break.

I'm still wondering why they put Kindevu as anchor, not exactly who I would want carrying the team.

20-minute break.

Because he's lovable?
Because he's fat?
Because he's the golden fatty?
Because he's a past EVO champion?
Because he's said I want to be anchor?
Because he was the anchor at Canada Cup and took him the title for them?

Take your pick!

I go with because he's fat! #Kappa

Edit: Lol just when I post that... it plays out exactly like I said vs that Viper.....

Come on, it was against Viper, she's the exception, not the rule in this case :p

Well I've seen plenty of MDR since Vanilla SF4. He's gone toe to toe against the best and has a very good record against them. I remember how in old SF4 tournaments, he would be the front man for his team and just OCV everybody, at least in the early part of the tournament. But what he lacks is a chance to prove himself on a worldwide scale. Too bad he didn't get a invite to Shadowloo Showdown like some of his fellow Japanese players who aren't as well known because they haven't traveled overseas yet(like KOK, the top Evil Ryu, who is going).

Pretty much the top 3 Rufus players in the world IMO is Justin, Ricky, and MDR. Since Kindevu gave him up a while ago I don't think anybody else has really put themselves in the same class with those 3 so it's not like there are a whole lot of people in my argument.

Kindevu is a great player, but I feel like his inability to stick with just one character is his downfall. He's very talented, but it's almost like he's spreading his skill over several characters instead of concentrating on just one. IMO he was at his best when he played Rufus in Vanilla and Yun in AE. Aside from that we've seen his good, but not great Seth, Cammy, and occasionally Viper. And he had a awful Akuma that he used during the EVO stream just because he wanted to counterpick a Sagat player lol, good thing he still won but he was dropping the easiest combos. Basically I don't think he can win a American Major(for example) unless he commits to one character.

Come on, it was against Viper, she's the exception, not the rule in this case :p

Well yea it's pretty clear they are the three best. I guess it really just depend on your style preference. MDR probably has the best offense and his jump in are the best. Ricky has that reaction, and Justin has the footsie/patient style.

USD

Top 8:

A Block
Kyoto Senbatsu (Warau)
Hishou Usagi (Persona-zei) (Seth)
NEW Shimauta (Ikemen-zei) (Ibuki)
Blue (Enjoy-zei) (Abel)
Yuuki (Sports-zei) (Akuma)
Wareware wa Debusen Da (Oyaji) (Chun-Li)

B Block
Great Wake Show
Noriyasu (Dhalsim)
Pipin (Dhalsim)
YHC-Mochi (Dhalsim)
Tsunnyao (Dhalsim)
Oyaji wa Sakana-ya (Dhalsim)

C Block
Baikuri Heads
Michael-tan (Ken)
Taku@Ratio4 (Blanka)
Pamyu~ (Balrog)
EX Mamehara (Adon)
Gachi-kun (Sagat)

D Block
Sabo Hani Nomimono Katte Koi
Uryo (Sakura)
Sabo☆Hani (C.Viper)
KoujiKOG (T.Hawk)
Mayokara (Evil Ryu)
wao (Oni)

E Block
Temee no Deban wa Owari da
Chiroru (Juri)
aiai (Juri)
Henri (Juri)
Akebo no Chounaikai (Juri)
Blue (Juri)

F Block
21 Seiki no Kakuge ni Honda wa Hitsuyou
Katakana de Aoki (E.Honda)
Thomson (E.Honda)
Shuryou Tora Doramond (E.Honda)
Chiruzawa Yuu (E.Honda)
Rokkou Honda (E.Honda)

G Block
50 Yen Powers
50 Yen (El Fuerte)
dath (C.Viper)
Sorikin (Rufus)
Meu (Makoto)
Harideshi (M.Bison)

H Block
Sanjuu Kakuge Shichi Eiyuu
Rukupuru (Zangief)
EBI@Baki-zei (El Fuerte)
Geoff 2-Gou (Akuma)
Sekoi (Rufus)
Joysol (Yang)

USD

Kyoto Senbatsu (Warau)
Hishou Usagi (Persona-zei) (Seth)
NEW Shimauta (Ikemen-zei) (Ibuki)
Blue (Enjoy-zei) (Abel)
Yuuki (Sports-zei) (Akuma)
Wareware wa Debusen Da (Oyaji) (Chun-Li)
vs
Baikuri Heads
Michael-tan (Ken)
Taku@Ratio4 (Blanka)
Pamyu~ (Balrog)
EX Mamehara (Adon)
Gachi-kun (Sagat)

Sabo Hani/Uryo team won the first on-stream match. 50 Yen Powers won the off-stream match vs All-Juri team. All-Dhalsim vs. All-Honda off-stream right now.

Okay I take back that comment about Rufus being the only character U.S is better than Japan in. I like our Rufus and Honda! And maybe Boxer.

Edit: Oh and how I forget about that bitch Viper.

USD

50 Yen Powers
50 Yen (El Fuerte)
dath (C.Viper)
Sorikin (Rufus)
Meu (Makoto)
Harideshi (M.Bison)
vs
Uryo (Sakura)
Sabo☆Hani (C.Viper)
KoujiKOG (T.Hawk)
Mayokara/-6 (Evil Ryu)
wao (Oni)

How dejecting is it to perfect Viper in the 1st round then to have her burn kick all over your face for the next two? LOL... fuck that character.

USD

Great Wake Show
Noriyasu (Dhalsim)
Pipin (Dhalsim)
YHC-Mochi (Dhalsim)
Tsunnyao (Dhalsim)
vs
Baikuri Heads
Michael-tan (Ken)
Taku@Ratio4 (Blanka)
Pamyu~ (Balrog)
EX Mamehara (Adon)
Gachi-kun (Sagat)

USD

Noriyasu vs. Taku@Ratio4 now.
Pipin vs. Taku.

Pipin finally managed to tame Taku, who was going crazy before.

Pipin vs. Gachi-kun.

USD

Uryo (Sakura)
Sabo☆Hani (C.Viper)
KoujiKOG (T.Hawk)
Mayokara/-6 (Evil Ryu)
wao (Oni)
vs
Great Wake Show
Noriyasu (Dhalsim)
Pipin (Dhalsim)
YHC-Mochi (Dhalsim)
Tsunnyao (Dhalsim)

Grand Finals.

USD

It's all up to Pipin now. Has to beat Sabo☆Hani and Uryo.

That last round was painful. The hearts of the Dhalsim team, destroyed by a perfect.

From the Project X Zone thread

b4sdsn.gif

USD

I guess it's early morning, so people may miss this, but the start time for Mix Up Night #02 was pushed back an hour.

Shito

No more cute maids on the camera?
Aaaaaw...

Thanks for the AE bracket, USD, only caught the SFxT one in the chat.

USD

First match was Kiyomatsu (Guy) vs. Rupin (Dudley)

Kiyomatsu (Guy) vs. GamerBee (Adon)

GamerBee looking good.

Okan (Makoto) vs. 50 Yen (El Fuerte)

Shito

Great match, even though seeing two of my favorite players fight against each others so soon in the tournament was a bit sad.
Very solid play from Cantona.

Top Bottom