• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 23-29 | I put my hands on this stick, you know it's real

casperOne

$125?
DAFUQ?

LMAO @ gootecks and mike ross talking about bitcoin money matches.

Gootecks nailed it on the head when he said that people online play like they have nothing to lose and that in the arcade, every match was a money match (for a $.25 at the least). That combined with a queue system for the cab made people take matches seriously.

That's not to say we shouldn't have fun, everyone should get what we want out of the game, but I think it's a dead-on statement about the FGC's arcade roots.

Rest in peace, Nelson "Remix" Reyes

there we go you're welcome

Make it so.

TO came up and pulled the plug and said "Fuck y'all niggas". No money for either of them

Seems like someone took the SRK/EH/MadCatz pledge seriously. Good on Shinsyn on following through.

Beesuit

^ Good title

-------------------------

I like the commentator explaining what just happened all formal then all of a sudden he drops, "Shinsyn, our TO... er... got hella mad" at 7:10:16 lol

Threi

notag
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95223949]I don't have the disc for PS3.[/QUOTE]

UQRdZQH.jpg

Mr. X

What's wrong with what they're saying?
I only watched those few minutes which DreEyeRelief linked, and don't really feel like watching the whole thing, so maybe I'm missing some context.

Remember those letters from Europeans visiting the "New World" and telling people back home how bizarre and strange the Natives and their culture were?

That was how that presentation on the FGC was.

Jazz-ism

Banned
Remember those letters from Europeans visiting the "New World" and telling people back home how bizarre and strange the Natives and their culture were?

That was how that presentation on the FGC was.

my problem with the way the fgc reacts to things like this, kotaku articles and things of that nature is that it gives way too much respect to the other party.

fgc being under fire is nothing new. but at some point you have to have enough swagger and confidence as a community to ignore slander. especially if that slander comes from qustionable sources. if people out there are dumb enough to believe baseless claims/shit taken out of context/blatant wrong information without bothering to check sources, who cares? those people arent real people and ultimately dont matter.

as far as i can see, this is just a self published litany of hate from a starcraft esports fat rich white mit student taking a reddit post and making a book out of it. fgc doesnt need to respond to him or anything jared says. let them hang themselves. these jokes write themselves

CPS2

Gootecks nailed it on the head when he said that people online play like they have nothing to lose and that in the arcade, every match was a money match (for a $.25 at the least). That combined with a queue system for the cab made people take matches seriously.

That's not to say we shouldn't have fun, everyone should get what we want out of the game, but I think it's a dead-on statement about the FGC's arcade roots.

Yeah it definitely adds something getting some wins with people watching, and if you lose you have to wait a while for your next turn. I think those things can't be replicated online all that well (having "spectators" isn't really the same as seeing and hearing people's reactions.

The thing about SF4 tho with good reversals and invincible moves, 1f links and lag, the online experience really isn't that good imo. When I played a lot of a2 and 3s on ggpo I wasn't really thinking about how much better it is offline, but I definitely think it with sf4. I think bets won't really do anything to alleviate lag tactics being possible. It'd be interesting to add as an optional thing tho.

Mr. X

my problem with the way the fgc reacts to things like this, kotaku articles and things of that nature is that it gives way too much respect to the other party.

fgc being under fire is nothing new. but at some point you have to have enough swagger and confidence as a community to ignore slander. especially if that slander comes from qustionable sources. if people out there are dumb enough to believe baseless claims/shit taken out of context/blatant wrong information without bothering to check sources, who cares? those people arent real people and ultimately dont matter.

as far as i can see, this is just a self published litany of hate from a starcraft esports fat rich white mit student taking a reddit post and making a book out of it. fgc doesnt need to respond to him or anything jared says. let them hang themselves. these jokes write themselves

Ignoring it is worse since it'll lead to people thinking it is accurate,

And those 2 presenters are cherry picking feedback and making it about them. If was well done, they wouldn't have gathered that much hate for it. If they could put their bruised egos aside, they see how they could rectify it.

But no, we get a bunch of "I'm washing my hands of it"

Pertho has a background in anthropology and writes better articles. Fund that dude.

Jazz-ism

Banned
Ignoring it is worse since it'll lead to people thinking it is accurate,

And those 2 presenters are cherry picking feedback and making it about them. If was well done, they wouldn't have gathered that much hate for it. If they could put their bruised egos aside, they see how they could rectify it.

But no, we get a bunch of "I'm washing my hands of it"

Pertho has a background in anthropology and writes better articles. Fund that dude.

thats a blanket statement and not necessarily true x...
you dont counter extreme stupidity with flailing your arms and calling them liars. you play fighting games think about it. when you play that ghandi guy who is just batshit stupid/has no idea what hes doing....what do you do? what is the strongest counter to that? you can do what dawson did and try to read them and reason with them/ press buttons back (look how that turned out), or you can sit back and destroy them with nothing and pull the rug of credibility out from under them. which is more powerful? if you see national enquirer posting bullshit stories about you coming from space do you call a press conference to call them liars? cmon son let that go. ppl who would believe those lies arent real anyway.

my queestion x, is who is watching these clowns thinking that they have any credibility whatsoever?

i guess its true, we dont know who is. but even so, if they were someone who would take an unprofessional presentation like that and not hold it in question, why would that person matter anyway?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Culture-D...ie=UTF8&filterBy=addFiveStar&showViewpoints=0

the reviews are coming in

Top Bottom