• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 19-25 | As Seen On WSHH

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's like Chris G never left.

And I would like to see him win EVO because that would make it that four Marvel Gods have won it.

xezuru

I miss seeing ChrisG play. I think he said he was taking a break from tournaments in his last stream.

I don't, makes me sad meta isolated the character pool/styles so much, I remember when Japanese Marvel was a myth upon myths and Tokido came through like a boss that was the hypest shit. Nemo wasn't joking right? Refering too the dead japanese MvC3 scene, kinda missed tuning in to those Japanese setups with some interesting character combos minus RF, we need more MameSpiders and Kusorus.

My grandest Marvel dream is clockw0rk finally figuring out Jill or something or some crazy combo with Strider for Evo and just goes Ham to win it.

Dahbomb

My grandest Marvel dream is clockw0rk finally figuring out Jill or something or some crazy combo for Evo and just goes Ham to win it.
Nothing to figure out about Jill, she's a weaker Wolverine. Best you can expect to see her is on a team like Jill/Doom/Sentinel or Jill/Doom/Vergil but why pick that when you can replace her with Magneto/Zero/Wolverine?

RayRay not playing this match up in a while has made him worse in it.

Dahbomb

At least now we don't have to hold ChrisG on a pedestal and underrate this team by saying stuff like "but only ChrisG can win with Morrigan".

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
This guy came out of nowhere to be the most solid-looking MorriDoom playing actively right now.

He doesn't play perfect, but his patterns cover any possible slip-ups.

The way he beat RayRay in Winner's, I knew if Moonz lost, Cosmos was going to win.

Oh well, I was close enough with only saying RayRay would win out of everyone else.

This guy came out of nowhere to be the most solid-looking MorriDoom playing actively right now.

He doesn't play perfect, but his patterns cover any possible slip-ups.

The way he beat RayRay in Winner's, I knew if Moonz lost, Cosmos was going to win.

Oh well, I was close enough with only saying RayRay would win out of everyone else.

Even if Moons won he wouldn't have beat Cosmos

Zissou

Ray's team can't really cut it vs. Morridoom. He has to win with Magneto in the point war or he's fucked. He needs to swap out Doom for a character that can handle Morrigan better when DHC'd in.

Clawww

I don't, makes me sad meta isolated the character pool/styles so much, I remember when Japanese Marvel was a myth upon myths and Tokido came through like a boss that was the hypest shit. Nemo wasn't joking right? Refering too the dead japanese MvC3 scene, kinda missed tuning in to those Japanese setups with some interesting character combos minus RF, we need more MameSpiders and Kusorus.

My grandest Marvel dream is clockw0rk finally figuring out Jill or something or some crazy combo with Strider for Evo and just goes Ham to win it.

that's one of my biggest disappointments with Marvel being a dead-end developmentally...I'd love to see that game grow in popularity in Japan, too

Ray's team can't really cut it vs. Morridoom. He has to win with Magneto in the point war or he's fucked. He needs to swap out Doom for a character that can handle Morrigan better when DHC'd in.

I really thought double beam would help but cosmos was on top of it with his soulfist placement.

xezuru

Nothing to figure out about Jill, she's a weaker Wolverine. Best you can expect to see her is on a team like Jill/Doom/Sentinel or Jill/Doom/Vergil but why pick that when you can replace her with Magneto/Zero/Wolverine?

Man, was hoping it still held that there was an upper echelon of Jill with her hyper stance oh well, still though, just hope clock gets to play his best during evo and bring out some of the sick shit he comes up with.

Dahbomb

Christopher Gonzalez @NYChrisG · 1m
I like how people are blaming his win on the team. Step it up east coast. Im not even there, and you still couldnt stop it. LOL

https://twitter.com/NYChrisG/status/559210985643196416
Not much to step up, even ChrisG himself wouldn't be able to beat Cosmos's MorriDoom with a non-MorriDoom team consistently.

Even though RayRay could've done better in the match up, it was still a losing match up.

What ChrisG is really saying is "East Coast needs to pick cheaper teams".

Top Bottom