• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 14-20 | Bracket Resets Full of Tears (of Joy?)

El Sloth

Banned
Ha, Yipes streams again for the first time in a while and has Marlin Pie with him, and they play... Street Fighter. Hell of a cocktease for Marvel 3 fans.

Somehow I figured Yipes would play E.Ryu.

Kimosabae

Banned
Ha, Yipes streams again for the first time in a while and has Marlin Pie with him, and they play... Street Fighter.

Good.

I feel he's only wasting his time with that game, honestly. Besides that, the sf scene could use his energy.

Duff City High Stakes Tournament series anyone?

Astarte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5V4u0wEuXw

This video is just as dumb as I remember it.

8ScevMs.png

Not even Justin could stand this

El Sloth

Banned
Good.

I feel he's only wasting his time with that game, honestly. Besides that, the sf scene could use his energy.

Duff City High Stakes Tournament series anyone?

Now that you bring it up, it's actually pretty weird we haven't seen a Curleh/high roller equivalent for Street Fighter yet. I wonder why.

Also, would watch.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Chris Li aka Shrek

I felt like decking that guy for what he did. Louffy just became the best SF player in the world and your not gonna let ONE of his friends pass through while letting all the others do so? I understand he's a security guard but come on, don't dampen THAT ONE guy's parade while letting the others congratulate the new EVO champ. He didn't even bother pulling the other guys away from what I saw that night.

Unless he was a crowd monster, then I don't see the justification for that ONE guy.

Ha, Yipes streams again for the first time in a while and has Marlin Pie with him, and they play... Street Fighter. Hell of a cocktease for Marvel 3 fans.

Somehow I figured Yipes would play E.Ryu.

Yipes accepted the Dark Hadou. If he ever does a Curleh in NY, I am definitely paying that spectator fee and witness the hype. More tournaments need to happen in NY, just like DTN.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
All those ChrisG wins don't count because Justin was holding back his tech for EVO.

/biased

Top 10 UMVC3 players:

1) Justin Wong
2) ChrisG
3) FChamp
4) Flocker
5) PRRog
6) RayRay
7) Neo
8) Apologyman
9) Yipes

10 the spot heavily in debate.

Number 10 is highly debatable indeed. I think... No names come to mind, you either wipe out the competition at every tournament you go and make a splash or stay free...

Dahbomb

If it's based on skill then I would put Nemo in top 10 absolutely free.

List is obviously FChamp's opinion. If you want to see based on results then there is already SRK rankings for that.

Dahbomb

Champ keeps on talking about RF being godlike at marvel, is there any recent gameplay of him?
There was. FChamp claims he beat most of the top players at CM/FGTV in long sets except FChamp. He 10-1'd Flux. He plays team ChrisG.

I saw him play and I didn't think he was on the level of ChrisG.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
There was. FChamp claims he beat most of the top players at CM/FGTV in long sets except FChamp. He 10-1'd Flux. He plays team ChrisG.

I saw him play and I didn't think he was on the level of ChrisG.

Damn, people are even free to a boot-legged copy of Chris G? The salt must have been strong, especially for people who used to play Chris on a regular basis. *facepalm*

Japanese player who bopped a lot of players recently.

Dahbomb

Damn, people are even free to a boot-legged copy of Chris G? The salt must have been strong, especially for people who used to play Chris on a regular basis. *facepalm*
It's the best team in the game so if you are competent with the team then you can body most players pretty convincingly.

Dahbomb

Is MorriDoom/Vergil considered the best or MorriDoom/Strider? I would think it's the latter.
MorriDoomVergil is best because Vergil.

Real answer is that Vergil + Missiles is basically Strider + Rocks from MVC2. The lock down and chip is insane. It's like a different form of what MorriDoom does. Plus Vergil is a better anchor than Strider. Strider and Missiles isn't that great of a combination. In addition Vergil abuses the Dark Harmonizer assist and just has Spiral Swords all day long to chip you with. Vajra assist is great for both Doom and Morrigan but Rapid Slash is very solid for Morrigan as well (keeps players full screen).

There is also the option to play Vergil 2nd and DHC into Spiral Swords off of Shadow Servant hyper for big guaranteed damage from any Morrigan hit. The synergy on this team is off the charts.

Myn

FChamp about to list top 10 Marvel players.

If Justin Marvelous Wong isn't #1 I am closing stream.

Every time Champ does this iirc he always puts Justin at #1, and ChrisG always ends up maybe 3rd or 4th. I remember Yipes and Marn were at his house when they did this a couple months ago and they all agreed that ChrisG was good but not at Justin's level in terms of skill.

Dahbomb

Every time Champ does this iirc he always puts Justin at #1, and ChrisG always ends up maybe 3rd or 4th. I remember Yipes and Marn were at his house when they did this a couple months ago and they all agreed that ChrisG was good but not at Justin's level in terms of skill.
FChamp has never put ChrisG below #2.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
MorriDoomVergil is best because Vergil.

Real answer is that Vergil + Missiles is basically Strider + Rocks from MVC2. The lock down and chip is insane. It's like a different form of what MorriDoom does. Plus Vergil is a better anchor than Strider. Strider and Missiles isn't that great of a combination. In addition Vergil abuses the Dark Harmonizer assist and just has Spiral Swords all day long to chip you with. Vajra assist is great for both Doom and Morrigan but Rapid Slash is very solid for Morrigan as well (keeps players full screen).

There is also the option to play Vergil 2nd and DHC into Spiral Swords off of Shadow Servant hyper for big guaranteed damage from any Morrigan hit. The synergy on this team is off the charts.

Spot on analysis. Strider is okay but as an anchor he has a short fuse with limited damage. Vergil on the other hand is Vergil, you can't just beat that easily. Plus with what DB said, the synergy works magically. You can screw up Chris G's team order as much as you like and it all works out perfectly for him (as long as he has meter that is).

Dahbomb

Epic debate over Dorm being top 10 or top 12-ish.

It's pretty close either way. No way is Dorm worse than #12 but no way is he top 8 either like Neo is claiming.

Top Bottom