• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 14-20 | Bracket Resets Full of Tears (of Joy?)

Dahbomb

After everything that happened at da beech last year, didn't Capcom make a statement about them still wanting to help and having a commitment to the developing scene out there? Wonder why they're not involved this year.
PR lip service gonna PR lip service.

After everything that happened at da beech last year, didn't Capcom make a statement about them still wanting to help and having a commitment to the developing scene out there? Wonder why they're not involved this year.

Not getting involved with VXG is the most helpful thing they can do for the community out there Kappa

Silky

Banned

I don't think getting involved with VxG is the best idea consdiering last year...

Shouta

If they're lookign to expand support, then I would agree with Brazil. Bigger market and it's upcoming on the world stage.

tumblr_n8u90q2yYB1qagop1o1_500.png

tumblr_n8u90q2yYB1qagop1o2_500.png

petghost

Banned
I like how BlazBlue's best commentary duo were James and David.

i thought xie and dacid did a really good job as well but i hope that general commentary for these games gets better in the future. i think it could draw more people in. now it seems like its a lot of dudes who transcribe the combos in real time or biscuits talking about sherry or some shit. also i think the semi-ironic waifu pillow kind of stuff was funny at one point but i think its getting kinda stale and might be a bad look as far as attracting newcomers. quite possible that im generalizing and pretty sure im over-thinking this.

Anne

Nah, the waifu stuff actually needs to get toned down. It gets to be a bit much for people, it's a really common complaint.

Edit: I like the light heartedness and the fact that we do get lots of good moments like the cosplay and pretty much everything about Dora at Evo. Just, some of the waifu and hug pillow stuff could be toned down a notch.

Nah, the waifu stuff actually needs to get toned down. It gets to be a bit much for people, it's a really common complaint.

Edit: I like the light heartedness and the fact that we do get lots of good moments like the cosplay and pretty much everything about Dora at Evo. Just, some of the waifu and hug pillow stuff could be toned down a notch.

but shimakaze and idolmaster yo

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Edit: I like the light heartedness and the fact that we do get lots of good moments like the cosplay and pretty much everything about Dora at Evo. Just, some of the waifu and hug pillow stuff could be toned down to non-existence.

I agree!

El Sloth

Banned
You know, I haven't heard a single person talk about the indie game showcase they had this year. Were there any promising looking stuff? I was hoping one of the game news outlets would have at least gotten some footage of the game there like at PAX.

kirblar

Alpacas are better than Waifus.
I did not realize you were suffering from Alopecia.
You know, I haven't heard a single person talk about the indie game showcase they had this year. Were there any promising looking stuff? I was hoping one of the game news outlets would have at least gotten some footage of the game there like at PAX.
I think this is a good example of why Tekken 7 stuff was saved for SDCC. The tournaments overshadow all, its not a great launching pad for getting stuff to the media.

Astarte

I remember playing scrub level blazblue with someone I just met and he wouldn't stop shouting about waifus. I chose Platinum, he shouted about sniffing her armpits, and I've never played Blazblue since then.

but shimakaze and idolmaster yo

I'm guilty of the latter.

omg that's cute

NEO0MJ

I remember playing scrub level blazblue with someone I just met and he wouldn't stop shouting about waifus. I chose Platinum, he shouted about sniffing her armpits, and I've never played Blazblue since then.

Maybe he was just trying to freak you out? Besides, do people actually get aroused by armpits? That's just ridiculous.

Astarte

Maybe he was just trying to freak you out? Besides, do people actually get aroused by armpits? That's just ridiculous.

He already freaked me out by getting incredibly close to me with his BO, it was ridiculous. I only agreed to play him so that he'd stop interrupting my conversations. Also yeah, people also get aroused by vore. It's a weird world :[

Silky

Banned

I find that people who often refer waifus in Arc fighters don't really play them seriously

Like most of animetwitter

Kumubou

Kirblar has a point -- who from the gaming press was actually at Evo? You had representatives from all of the intra-community sites, but pretty much nobody from any of the bigger sites outside of IGN (and some Japanese sites like 4gamer). It was effectively a slightly enhanced announcement of an announcement.
It was asked during SoCal Regionals.
Basically, they don't care.
Then they're ignorant -- and I mean that literally. They're probably not aware of how popular PC is as a gaming platform outside of Japan.

Shouta

Kirblar has a point -- who from the gaming press was actually at Evo? You had representatives from all of the intra-community sites, but pretty much nobody from any of the bigger sites outside of IGN (and some Japanese sites like 4gamer). It was effectively a slightly enhanced announcement of an announcement.

Then they're ignorant -- and I mean that literally. They're probably not aware of how popular PC is as a gaming platform outside of Japan.

I was talking about Alpoceia

Fighting games on PC still has a way to go. I think they've recently picked up some steam(no pun intended), with games like USF4, KOF XIII and Skullgirls being available, but the lack of a larger Japanese presence I think is holding the genre back on PC.

While having the original BlazBlue and Guilty Gear Isuka on Steam is kind of a laughable way to test the waters, it's a start...I suppose.

Infinite

Well that's just stupid. They're literally shrugging off so much money and exposure. I thought they cared after seeing that EVO pot they put out.

They're a company that conducts a large majority of their business in Japan where PC gaming doesn't exists.

Top Bottom