• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 21-27 | EMPty

Onemic

Didnt smash bros seem very brawl-esque during the E3 invitational?

Isnt it obvious the developers do not want it to be competitive in any form and only want it to be a party game when Sakurai essentially says it word for word himself? I mean the game has everything against it to actually be competitive in any way shape or form. It doesnt surprise me that the impressions from a competitive standpoint for it have been largely negative so far.

petghost

Banned

Isnt it obvious the developers do not want it to be competitive in any form and only want it to be a party game when Sakurai essentially says it word for word himself? I mean the game has everything against it to actually be competitive in any way shape or form. It doesnt surprise me that the impressions from a competitive standpoint for it have been largely negative so far.

whats strange is that sakurai is saying those kinds of things but nintendo has been involved with 3(?) smash bros. tournaments recently so maybe they are starting to see some advantages from a competitive scene. not sure if that sentiment will get to the developers or not but it sure is weird to watch.

It's not a fun game period. Literally the game feels bad the second you pick up the controller & move around. If it didn't have Nintendo characters in it, people would be shitting on this game like no tomorrow.

I find it odd that Nintendo with their platformers champions great feel & tight controls yet Smash is thr polar opposite of this in every way.

Zissou

Is there any kind of guide to escaping pressure in Guilty? Seems like once somebody gets in, my only options are burst/DAA/mash out super. How do you find/exploit gaps in pressure strings?

petghost

Banned
Is there any kind of guide to escaping pressure in Guilty? Seems like once somebody gets in, my only options are burst/DAA/mash out super. How do you find/exploit gaps in pressure strings?

FD will push them back, IB will leave them closer to you with less frame advantage, slashback will act kind of like a parry. dont worry about slashback for now but use FD a lot to gain a little space and try to IB predictable 2 hit moves like aba's 2hs or something.

also check out this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I83GsQGg6U

this too

http://dustloop.com/guides/ggac/data/guarding.html

sorry if you already know this stuff...i guess if you really really hate pressure you can just pick baiken.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Only because we were led to believe he was a heartless bastard for all these years. I can't wait to see what backstory we'll get that'll possibly throw us for such a loop that we actually feel for him.

I'm curious how they're going to turn the man who threw his son into a volcano twice and chained up his father in his basement and forgot about it into a sympathetic figure

Easier to just have him wear pimp suits and train grizzly bears and build theme parks imo

Also when the hell he gonna come claim Steve? They're trying to give Heihachi a true love story when the man got multiple kids on the character roster that never saw a dime of child support

Dahbomb

I'm curious how they're going to turn the man who threw his son into a volcano twice and chained up his father in his basement and forgot about it into a sympathetic figure

Easier to just have him wear pimp suits and train grizzly bears and build theme parks imo

Also when the hell he gonna come claim Steve? They're trying to give Heihachi a true love story when the man got multiple kids on the character roster that never saw a dime of child support
Pretty sure they will try to justify Hei's actions by saying that Kaz//Jinpachi were evil/demonic to begin with. Same reason why he had to kill his wife.

And Heihachi is Steve's father? LMAO! I don't think that's confirmed though..

Wasn't Kazuya the one who first started the experiments on Nina and had her frozen? I thought she was frozen and experimented on during Tekken 2, before Kazuya was killed. During the time when Dr. B was being forced to work for them. Meaning Kazuya could be the father.

CPS2

So did I read correctly that Ono announced that he has nothing to announce? Which is pretty much what he did at Evo too. Actually sounds like something big is on the way. When he announced announcements we got conditioned into knowing that it was nothing. But now that he says its nothing. This is it you guys.

kirblar

So did I read correctly that Ono announced that he has nothing to announce? Which is pretty much what he did at Evo too. Actually sounds like something big is on the way. When he announced announcements we got conditioned into knowing that it was nothing. But now that he says its nothing. This is it you guys.
Well, yeah - the next big announcement is the next-gen title that likely isn't SFV.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I just watched Enemy and was utterly bewildered by it so I watched a youtube video that systematically explained the film. now I feel it's a cool ass movie but I've robbed myself of digesting it on my own.

fighting games

Kimosabae

Banned
That Tekken trailer is one of the worst things I've ever seen. How do you produce voice acting that terrible in this day and age? From Software has shown that there's no legitimate excuse for such mean voice work coming from Japan. I cringe at what the dub will sound like once characters start speaking aloud. They probably won't even bother trying to lip-synch the dialogue.

It's little things like this that continue to provide a barrier to my ability to like this series.

That Tekken trailer is one of the worst things I've ever seen. How do you produce voice acting that terrible in this day and age? From Software has shown that there's no legitimate excuse for such mean voice work coming from Japan. I cringe at what the dub will sound like once characters start speaking aloud. They probably won't even bother trying to lip-synch the dialogue.

It's little things like this that continue to provide a barrier to my ability to like this series.

If it makes you feel any better, there's a Japanese version of the trailer and the game will not come with that English dubbing inside. It was something Namco quickly brought in just for showing the trailer to the SD-CC audience.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't Kazuya the one who first started the experiments on Nina and had her frozen? I thought she was frozen and experimented on during Tekken 2, before Kazuya was killed. During the time when Dr. B was being forced to work for them. Meaning Kazuya could be the father.

I don't even believe that Kazuya is Jin's father

Another one of Heihachi's if you ask me

but nah I'm sure he really loved this dead wife of his more than anything

For better or worse, everything about Virtual Fighter feels like its a mid-90s Sega game that escaped into the 21st century. Right down to the cheap-sounding sound effects.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Virtual Fighter
0404_fprqu.gif

Top Bottom