• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 21-27 | EMPty

Dahbomb

I would just wait for hi res versions of trailers from comic con. I am really really interested in the Avengers 2 trailer for sure.

Any suggestions for thread title next week? I want there to be a UNIB related title but I have no ideas for it.

Anne

Something UNiEL would be nice since it got released and is popular.

Not an actual title suggestion, just musing about UNiEL stuff.

petghost

Banned
unib title would be rad. its pretty hard to come up with puns for nonsensical strings of words seemingly chosen at random though...

Is this late enough for confession time?

I have a confession to make... I DON'T UNDERSTAND HALF THE ACRONYMS YOU MOTHER FUCKER USE IN HERE!

All I know is it's related to a bunch of anime games.. (I think? maybe who knows. I DON'T!!!!)

Beesuit

I find it funny that Dengeki Fighting Climax abbreviates to DFC (never realised till now), considering what else it can also mean
delicious flat chest
. And how appropriately fitting too lol

Rhapsody

Banned
I find it funny that Dengeki Fighting Climax abbreviates to DFC (never realised till now), considering what else it can also mean
delicious flat chest
. And how appropriately fitting too lol

Originally I think that was the official hashtag lol. But then they quickly changed it to the kanji of Dengeki Bunko, then FC.

So it really should be DBFC.

.la1n

FGW | Under Night In-Birth; Next Night Dead-Game

Laugh-Arnold.gif

Wow I didn't realize that the online implementation in SF4 was so shit. After a ranked match is over you just get kicked out straight into front end menu and have to go through the process again. Endless battle would be what I want but apparently no one plays that because a number you grind away making bigger is more important.

Uniel on the other hand has a really interesting lobby search system in that not only does it tell you the connection quality to the host but apparently it will also check the connection to everyone else in the room toom. Of course the netcode is so weird that the host will just kick you because your connection is bad to them even though you could play without any issue with everyone else in the lobby. Fun times.

Wow I didn't realize that the online implementation in SF4 was so shit. After a ranked match is over you just get kicked out straight into front end menu and have to go through the process again. Endless battle would be what I want but apparently no one plays that because a number you grind away making bigger is more important.

Uniel on the other hand has a really interesting lobby search system in that not only does it tell you the connection quality to the host but apparently it will also check the connection to everyone else in the room toom. Of course the netcode is so weird that the host will just kick you because your connection is bad to them even though you could play without any issue with everyone else in the lobby. Fun times.

Online can get really iffy more for fighters than any other kind of game imo.

Worst thing is when it lags in the middle of a match so any delay you just got used to is lost. Blazblue is the same way with the rooms, hosts aren't going to want to play with someone who they have 0 bars with so you will most likely be kicked in that kind of situation. Only thing you can really do is hope that you get at least 2-3 bars with the host when you join a room.

The only thing I ask of for online in future fighting games is a rematch option. I hate having to go back to the lobby, then the character select again just to play the same two characters.

Top Bottom