• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

Numb

That has to be the plan. Only 6 characters officially announced right now and a 7th that hasn't been mentioned since the original teaser. Considering the enormous pool they have to choose from they must be holding back a decent amount of stuff if it's coming out next month.
I don't know if they would do another one of those niconico broadcasts but there might be some characters announced before the arcade release with such a small roster. This is pokemon. I can't even believe what they are going through trying to pick guys between the hundreds of already available characters.
It's good for Harada to wait on TxSF. Needs as much distance from SFxT as possible. I wouldn't even show it until SFV comes out, just to make sure people have a clean palette.

After Tekken 7 and SFV does sound like the right timing for that game. It is the two latest versions in the series and a X seems more viable releasing it after the new ones instead of before but meaning that it won't come out before 2017. That is way more than enough distance from SFXT.

These people still have hope

a6Qv5jZ.gif

Mr. X

I'm totally expecting GAF to rubble before the Sony conference starts. If we don't see each other for the rest of the week, farewell and may anime protect you.

Numb

shinobi confirmed The Last Guardian's rumor, it's happening.
FFVII is way too crazy and early.

I just hope people don't expect the game to look the same as it did 6+ years ago and get surprised/freak out for no reason if we do see it.

Onemic

FFVII Remake.
The Last Guardian.

My wife made me promise to take her to dinner right when the Sony conference starts. AGGGGHHH! >:-(

Y2Kev just verified a leaker.

If it's true I'll be jumping up and down like N64 kid, but I've been burned enough to remain very cynical that anything will be shown. If anything, I can see it being a "remake" in the vein of last years port to PC.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm gonna assume the FFVII stuff is actually the spin off as the remake proper is supposed to be years off IIRC.

Skilletor

In honor of E3 I got a triple question for everyone this week to bust out their lists for.

ZHbgGdV.jpg

...because this is a week where things can happen.

1. Expecting SF5 news, tons of footage. Vulva to throw 7 booms for me.

2. Hoping to get SoulCalibur 6. Hope it builds on 5, but expect it to be more like 2 if it happens.

3. Would love to get legacy collections for current gen. I want alpha collection, garou, KoF, all those games on PS4/XB1.

Kalamari

Actually, I am more hype over Yata: AoC than anything right now. Considering Capcom's track record, I'm not that crazy about SF5. But if they announced a new VF or KoF I would completely lose my shit

Kikujiro

I'm gonna assume the FFVII stuff is actually the spin off as the remake proper is supposed to be years off IIRC.

Yeah, a full FFVII remake in 2 years is absolutely crazy and impossible, especially when the leaker said they started the production a few months ago.
It could be the rumored spin off or something like Resident Evil: Remake.

Yeah, a full FFVII remake in 2 years is absolutely crazy and impossible, especially when the leaker said they started the production a few months ago.
It could be the rumored spin off or something like Resident Evil: Remake.
2 years is tons of time for this sort of thing, especially since the conceptual work, script, and planning are all done. Theoretically, game mechanics, boss stats, etc. are all done, too. Most of the work is graphical.

It feels impossible because it feels like an eternity since the FFXV was announced.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
this will surely get drowned in E3 riffraff but I'll be hosting a VF room on PSN tomorrow from around 4PM EST to 9PM EST. last time was a lot of fun.

this will surely get drowned in E3 riffraff but I'll be hosting a VF room on PSN tomorrow from around 4PM EST to 9PM EST. last time was a lot of fun.

Aw. I won't be able to make it due to work.

Did you host one last week? I wasn't really paying attention to last week's thread too closely.

Top Bottom