• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

alstein

they cut the sale to 50%. I just whiff punished their mistake.

Some of the DLC is half off. The uniform fetish DLC and another set.

Did they finally add online/fix the glitches in DOA5?

They repeated the end of month on facebook (though they did hint it might be ranked only)

I'll need a few days to learn what combos I can attempt, but if they don't deliver I can Steam Refund.

Dahbomb

They started off well but then it was a bunch of games hardly anyone could muster any excitement for.

Where's that Marvel Microsoft game at Enzo? Where are your leakers now?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MS conference was good. Some haymakers, few surprises, generally a bunch of interesting stuff with your usual zzzzindiezzzz segments. Setting a good tone for the rest of E3.

They started off well but then it was a bunch of games hardly anyone could muster any excitement for.

Where's that Marvel Microsoft game at Enzo? Where are your leakers now?
We've known for like a week that the Marvel game was LEGO Avengers.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
In a best case scenario, the following games are now coming to XB1:

SFIV/SSFIV/AE/USFIV
MvCO
MvC2
MvC3/UMvC3
VH/VSav
3SO
STHDR
SC(bad port?)
SC2HD
SCIV
SCV
T6
TT2
VF5/VF5FS
VF2
FV
KoF98UM
KoF02UM
KoF13
DoA4

Shackzam

A lot of the same shit from Microsoft game wise. Bored through most of the conference since there was nothing for me to be excited about. They didn't even show scalebound.

JeTmAn81

Microsoft Conference | Nothing happened

In a best case scenario, the following games are now coming to XB1:

SFIV/SSFIV/AE/USFIV
MvCO
MvC2
MvC3/UMvC3
VH/VSav
3SO
STHDR
SC(bad port?)
SC2HD
SCIV
SCV
T6
TT2
VF5/VF5FS
VF2
FV
KoF98UM
KoF02UM
KoF13
DoA4

I would think the Marvel digital-only games which had their licenses expire (MVCO, MVC2, digital MVC3) would still not be available.

Dahbomb

Microsoft conference would've been good if it weren't for the last Halo and Gears games being mediocre.

I couldn't muster up any excitement for a new Halo and Gears yet I played those games so damn much back in the XB1/360 days. The last few soured me on the two series and those two games are the cornerstone of Xbox.

I wasn't totally wowed by the Microsoft conference, but I'm satisfied with all the games they showed off.

Good show. Now, where's Killer Instinct on PC, you punks?

oneida

being able to play VF5FS on XBO without streaming it and paying monthly for it ala PSNow makes XBO my current gen choice, right now. Looking forward to Sony conference

Shouta

being able to play VF5FS on XBO without streaming it and paying monthly for it ala PSNow makes XBO my current gen choice, right now. Looking forward to Sony conference

Does Xbox One not use the 360 Gold system anymore? I.e. pay for internet?

JeTmAn81

Couldn't you just play it on 360/PS3? Are you that against having an extra system around that you'd let something like that decide between PS4/XB1 for you?

Dahbomb

GAF is still up. Guessing no huge surprises yet.
Backwards compatibility with 360
Gears of War
Retro collection (30 games for $30)
New Recore game by Inafune and creatures of Metroid
New game by maker of DayZ
Hololens was kinda cool, actual hologram techology

That's about it really. Rest is stuff you know already or multiplatform titles that will be better on other consoles.

oneida

Couldn't you just play it on 360/PS3? Are you that against having an extra system around that you'd let something like that decide between PS4/XB1 for you?
I would rather not have two consoles when one would suffice.
Does Xbox One not use the 360 Gold system anymore? I.e. pay for internet?
Was referring to current PSNow model of paying to rent games I own

what if Ultra Street Fighter 4 starts getting played on Xbox One rather than PS4
zmm8oXO.png

Backwards compatibility with 360
Gears of War
Retro collection (30 games for $30)
New Recore game by Inafune and creatures of Metroid
New game by maker of DayZ
Hololens was kinda cool, actual hologram techology

That's about it really. Rest is stuff you know already or multiplatform titles that will be better on other consoles.
No Halo?

That's pretty rough. How was the Recore game?

It would be funny if we got a "FGW | Nothing Happened." title this week.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
YouTube Gaming seems pretty promising. What y'all think?

I think Google has a general leg up on UI and infrastructure, and I've pretty consistently had better experiences with YT streaming over Twitch. Always smoother and higher quality experiences on various different connections. With improved chat and presumably better royalties I think they might be a problem.

Swarna

The backwards compatibility thing sounds like you have to download the title digitally even if you own the disc. Them mentioning requiring the "OK" from devs to offer compatibility makes me think Ultra will work on XB1 while Marvel 3 never will.

Top Bottom