• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 22-28 | Ryu's in Smash 4, Jigglypuff's in SF5

I would do some ratio play, but I would rather use FChamp's ratios. It went through a lot of revisions due to feedback from high level players.

Amedo310

All KOF ratio charts are used for characters that get play the most at certain locations. It has nothing to do with tiers.

fader

I think it's safe to say that from Justin and above are all qualyfied

well... we will see, a majority of the premier/ranking events are outside of USA and seeing as how no one in America is traveling beyond America tournaments, I foresee a small amount of American players this year.

I think it's safe to say that from Justin and above are all qualyfied

I think starting with Kazunoko everyone is qualified. I'm sure Kazunoko and Bonchan will pick up more points as they are players that can get top 4 at stacked tournaments. Players that are able to get top 4 at stacked tournaments multiple times are a class above and if they wanted to go to ranking tournaments outside their region, they would be favorites to win the tournament.

shaowebb

LOL Shaowebb still thinks Wesker is a top 7 character.

That's cute.

Not a tier list dude. Thinning teams with ratios. Thought I'd give folks something new to do each week same as when I put up a new question for folks to chat on. Just mixin it up. Next week I'll make another one thats shuffled differently too. That is if anyone plays.

Pro Fluke is 32nd with 26 points. Their have been 15 events so far and only 25 left that award points. So if we just use some math, supposedly Pro Fluke would have 69 points if he were to stay at his current pace. Basically all these dudes collecting scraps at 7th through 13th place aren't safe even if they consistently did that throughout the whole year.

Those two North American Ranking events(Defend the North and Ciber Olympicos) are going to be huge in determining who gets in at the very end. Players still control their own fate in those events instead of waiting to see what happens in those Premier events in November that award no points and instead will be used to crown new automatic qualifiers that can either make room for other players to get in or boot some players out.

Tripon

SCR in October is looking to be a bloodbath. Alex Valle might have played that one right despite the misfortune he was dealt with the shitty construction for his original venue.

Which US players, outside of Justin and Nuckle, will qualify for Capcom Cup? There are 5 NA (3 of them in US) ranking tournaments left and assume all of those players (including Justin and Nuckle) attend them.

Snake = 76 points
Ricki = 80 points
Art = 40 points
KBrad = 36 points
LPN = 32 points
Dieminion = 20 points
801 Strider = 20 points
Smug = 16 points
Chris G = 16 points

Dahbomb

Dahbomb still has a reading comprehension problem. Also cute.
I know its a ratio list but even on a ratio list Wesker should not be that high. Definitely not first tier category.

The reason Vergil was banned in the ratio tournament was because people would just pick the two shittiest characters (characters with lowest ratio points) plus Vergil in the back. Normally this doesn't mean much but when up against other not so well constructed team with mediocre assists Vergil runs a train through them. It just defeats the whole purpose of the ratio tournaments. This happened in the first iteration of the tournament where CJ picked Hsien Ko and Vergil then got way too far in the tournament.

If Nova is so high tier, how come I never see him in Marvel streams? >_>
Joke post? He' a rather common tournament character. Not Vergil/Doom common but certainly in the next group of among the most common.

Pro Fluke is 32nd with 26 points. Their have been 15 events so far and only 25 left that award points. So if we just use some math, supposedly Pro Fluke would have 69 points if he were to stay at his current pace. Basically all these dudes collecting scraps at 7th through 13th place aren't safe even if they consistently did that throughout the whole year.

Those two North American Ranking events(Defend the North and Ciber Olympicos) are going to be huge in determining who gets in at the very end. Players still control their own fate in those events instead of waiting to see what happens in those Premier events in November that award no points and instead will be used to crown new automatic qualifiers that can either make room for other players to get in or boot some players out.

The 2 interesting tournaments are the Japanese premiere events. Will Daigo, Mago, Momochi, and Tokido take part in them seeing as there is no money on the line and they have qualified? There could potentially be 2 players with a low amount of points qualifying.

Seyavesh

The reason Vergil was banned in the ratio tournament was because people would just pick the two shittiest characters (characters with lowest ratio points) plus Vergil in the back. Normally this doesn't mean much but when up against other not so well constructed team with mediocre assists Vergil runs a train through them

stop revealing my strategies gosh

FSLink

Banned
I'd also be down for some ratio Mahvel play.

Team Nemo is obviously banned....but She Hulk/Spencer/Strange is available, aw yeah

crash-14

well... we will see, a majority of the premier/ranking events are outside of USA and seeing as how no one in America is traveling beyond America tournaments, I foresee a small amount of American players this year.

I know, but I'm pretty sure Justin and Nuckledu will get some points at the NA events left. And also I could see Justin going to Europe in case he need it.

I didn't spect many US playes neither. If I'm not wrong, I posted that I could only see 8 non asian player at the grand finals.

I think starting with Kazunoko everyone is qualified. I'm sure Kazunoko and Bonchan will pick up more points as they are players that can get top 4 at stacked tournaments. Players that are able to get top 4 at stacked tournaments multiple times are a class above and if they wanted to go to ranking tournaments outside their region, they would be favorites to win the tournament.

Not rejecting that, but Bonchan failed at Germany. I think Sagat it's a huge disadvantage for him right now (Sam as Fuudo's Fei Long)

Also I'm the only one that thinks the points system needs to be redesigned? Imo it's not fair that someone who places between 5-16 regular gather less points that a ranking event winner.

shaowebb

*starts posting tier thoughts, and tourney stats revolving around Vergil dominance in ratio runs*

sigh...please dont do this man. I don't care about tier lists or tournies or the math and variables. Its a ratio list. Its not trying to be perfect. Idea was every week it shakes it up by shuffling.

Please don't take this shit super serious. It was an attempt to make a game that got TOO serious fun again. Just run with it. If I'm talking about Marvel you know its got to be in the interest of just getting some variety casual fun into the week. We got no other large roster 3v3 games here that have so many folks that own them so can we just not take Marvel super serious and go into balancing a ratio list like it had to be perfect and just run with it? Its not fun spending forever trying to perfectly balance a ratio list or any other thing regarding marvel at this point. Its meant to be silly and to just thin out certain pairings from week to week. Relax and just play a game for awhile. Stop overthinking things and just pick a team and enjoy yourself man.

tkxfwqo.jpg

The 2 interesting tournaments are the Japanese premiere events. Will Daigo, Mago, Momochi, and Tokido take part in them seeing as there is no money on the line and they have qualified? There could potentially be 2 players with a low amount of points qualifying.

Very good point. Regardless of whether they enter or not, since they're already qualified it still opens the door to many players with very little to no points being able to qualify. This is a big deal because outside of those two events, many of these unsponsored top players in Japan weren't going to travel at all, even to other Asian events.

Part of me actually wants the 4 qualified Japanese players to not enter just so they won't end up beating or eliminating some really good player whose only chance of getting in Capcom Cup are the two Japanese premier events.

I know, but I'm pretty sure Justin and Nuckledu will get some points at the NA events left. And also I could see Justin going to Europe in case he need it.

I didn't spect many US playes neither. If I'm not wrong, I posted that I could only see 8 non asian player at the grand finals.

Not rejecting that, but Bonchan failed at Germany. I think Sagat it's a huge disadvantage for him right now (Sam as Fuudo's Fei Long)

Also I'm the only one that thinks the points system needs to be redesigned? Imo it's not fair that someone who places between 5-16 regular gather less points that a ranking event winner.

Bonchan will start placing well again. He's proven to be able to place well no matter the competition present, but also have bad placings. As long as a player proves to be able to get top 4 multiple times with so much great talent present, I think that player will get in.

I can't say the same for someone like Ricki right now. She's not a threat to get top 4 at a stacked tournament where as in the past she was. Ricki was fortunate that players like Smug, Dieminion, and Snake didn't make it out to Combo Breaker.

Yeah right now premiere tournaments are brutal for a lot of players. There is so much talent that placing top 8 is harder than winning some of these ranking tournaments, yet are getting 8 points as opposed to getting 128. Then again, that's not Capcom's fault. They couldn't have predicted that the top US players would be absent for practically every ranking tournament.

Very good point. Regardless of whether they enter or not, since they're already qualified it still opens the door to many players with very little to no points being able to qualify. This is a big deal because outside of those two events, many of these unsponsored top players in Japan weren't going to travel at all, even to other Asian events.

Part of me actually wants the 4 qualified Japanese players to not enter just so they won't end up beating or eliminating some really good player whose only chance of getting in Capcom Cup are the two Japanese premier events.

So someone like Inco. I think he's up there, but he doesn't travel much. He placed 4th at Nine States and 5th at KVO, but will find it hard to qualify if he doesn't go outside of Japan. I also want Wao to try getting in. Someone that was able to get 2nd at Topanga A League, and 4th at Topanga World League is up there in talent. The only time he went overseas was for SCR and he got 3rd behind Infiltration and KBrad.

Thanks. I usually went to just the side tourneys at Evo before this one, so good to know.

The preliminary bracket usually has some wacky seeding and players from the same region playing early. They'll change as people report the issues. Then I think they're finalized by the Tuesday before the event.

Negaduck

I wonder if we will ever have a holy ryu. We have evil ryu his super evil form, normal ryu and I would love to see a form of ryu that has perfected his fighting style or something like that.

That would be awesome.

fader

I wonder if we will ever have a holy ryu. We have evil ryu his super evil form, normal ryu and I would love to see a form of ryu that has perfected his fighting style or something like that.

That would be awesome.

tumblr_nnh548U6Dt1qmiuoco2_250.gif

EDIT: actually holy ryu does exist. It's that Power of Nothingness form that he learned from Gouken, it's whats suppressing the Satsui no Hadou

Top Bottom