• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 22-28 | Ryu's in Smash 4, Jigglypuff's in SF5

hitsugi

I could believe R.Mika making it in even though I think she would look strange with the art style of SFV, but Karin? Nope.

HyperHip

Kohime Enbu got announced for PS3/PS4
CIGy_OPVEAAtLyZ.jpg:large

You just made my day dude, can't wait for this!

Its that time again...
mFknDRm.jpg
I just need music that helps me concentrate. If the music is distractingly bad, then it is harmful to me winning. I usually can't hear anything when playing at locals anyway.

I really dislike the Street Fighter II music in Ryu's Smash stage. When someone goes down to one stock, it speeds the music up, and it increases my stress level. It becomes a little harder to focus at that time.

I don't understand why they wouldn't have both Ken and Akuma. Both of them are ridiculously popular and can be created at a lower budget due to being just model edits of Ryu anyway.
Saving spots for
cyber Akuma and Evil Ken.. I wish. :(
But in real they have to bring back Ken and Akuma.

JeTmAn81

I don't know if I'll play SFV if it doesn't have Akuma. He's the only character I really connected with in SFIV.

Skilletor

I don't understand why they wouldn't have both Ken and Akuma. Both of them are ridiculously popular and can be created at a lower budget due to being just model edits of Ryu anyway.

They'll be easier to package DLC sets by leveraging more popular characters.

notworksafe

For any US Southwest peeps, we'll be having a pre-EVO tournament this weekend in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Peep the poster/facebook event page for more info! For anyone that wants to tune in, our stream will be at twitch.tv/nmism

https://www.facebook.com/events/1042285295801533

MwbZnZg.png

Plus I can exclusively announce here that Street Fighter V will be playable at Summer Showdown!

Street Fighter II V.

The anime.

Playable on a DVD player on a side TV at the event.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Calling bullshit because Ken is on this list.

Well, Ken always made on initial roster in every games in Street Fighter franchise so I wouldn't be surprised that Ken is going to be on the roster. Again, I would be okay if they chose to save him for season 2 so they could have few headliners that would convince people to buy season 2.

I await the inevitable rage over them talking about DLC before release, counter-balanced with the rage over them not talking about DLC before release.
Did Killer Instinct get that? I know people were annoyed that it launched with so few characters, but did the DLC/Season model receive hate, too?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Did Killer Instinct get that? I know people were annoyed that it launched with so few characters, but did the DLC/Season model receive hate, too?
KI just had it amplified a bit because of the initial confusion/lack of clarity over the structure of the game. I remember making a thread about the developers calling the F2P basic game a "demo" and people getting upset it wasn't a retail title. The model received hate as well, even considering how cheap it was for the base package, but it was in the wind once people got a handle of it and IIRC leaderboards showed a shit ton of people downloaded it anyways.

I think any big title gets it. Pretty much every game has post-launch support today, but people have difficulty reconciling that to get that out to people in time for it to retain customers you have to start developing before release. If there's one thing I can bank on for SFV, is that whenever the list is finalized and x person's favourite character doesn't get in, there will be rage and progressively crazier theories about holding characters back to nickel and dime, etc. It's an inevitability for every fighting game iteration, really.

Side note but I wonder how Skullgirls would handle character selection for a sequel. They've put so much time/money/effort into these assets and I can't imagine they'd drop anyone, and probably be hesitant to change stuff for the sake of keeping characters fresh too.

Shouta

I'm sure folks will find optimized swag combos in SFV. I don't think anyone's figured out how air hits work yet and there'll probably be other methods for optimizing damage..

Definitely not gonna get SFxT level Swag combos though. =(

Dahbomb

There's going to be swag especially with V Trigger activations.

But there won't be Evil Ryu 15 second combo in the corner with a bunch of FADCs and crazy links.

BadWolf

I got a feeling SFV is gonna be swagless

Don't go by stuff like Daigo/Valle's Ryu footage, they aren't really playing SFV Ryu.

Check out footage of Combofiend (especially when he plays with Mike during a Q & A session a couple of days in) for a glimpse into what the characters will be able to do, he did a lot of good stuff with Ryu, Nash etc.

Top Bottom