• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 22-28 | Ryu's in Smash 4, Jigglypuff's in SF5

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Flocker: What Marvel pool are you in?
645: Pool 1.
Flocker: *laughs*
Tong: Shoot for top 8... in your pool.

Also, Yams and I are entering teams tomorrow. Probably as "Frauds Among Us."

these alts

I would have mained ponytail and School ryu

I love the Wild Iori-esque Evil Ryu. It's a really nice tell that the guy's snapped and you should probably run.

latest

iori-orochi-cvs-stance.gif

Fuerte's design (aside from the really weird RSF loop) is really good

>___<

You like Show and Tell and Dredge too?

hair over eyes Juri looks pretty plain to me. they made the right choice

Agreed.

Fuck. That. Shit.

I don't want Street Fighter to turn into Tekken where you can barely tell who the fuck a character is.

This so much. I want the characters to remain recognizable and good looking rather than some atrocious abominations a monkey with no taste vomited up, which is what full customs will inevitably devolve into.

Kumubou

I'm not even sure how much the new version of UNI is going to help the game. It'll probably bring some relapsed players back, but it's not like the game has ever had a huge player base at any point. That and games rarely start seeing positive growth in their playerbase once it has significantly declined, although it's possible with enough long-term support.

From a business standpoint, it doesn't seem like continued production of the series makes any sense.

so were you though
I think the implications of someone that's only ever played one fighting game seriously calling other fighting games bad should be pretty obvious.

Beesuit

I bet it was all set up. Regardless I ain't complaining if Karin gets in SFV. Been hoping for her return along with the EX characters since SFIV. Fat chance on the EX guys though...

I bet it was all set up. Regardless I ain't complaining if Karin gets in SFV. Been hoping for her return along with the EX characters since SFIV. Fat chance on the EX guys though...

I'd love to see Arika just make thir own fighting game with EX chars like they did with Fighting Layer, but I guess they can't get the funding to do it again.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think I'm gonna get a PS4 for SF5 :x

Maybe this batman shyt is prolly just spooking me on PC ports.
I mean, it's not like you could reliably bank on PC ports last generation either, especially during the latter half. It's always been a fine balance between being able to customize your experience vs. having to deal with several different degrees and variants of bullshit to get a maybe superior experience.

I mean, it's not like you could reliably bank on PC ports last generation either, especially during the latter half. It's always been a fine balance between being able to customize your experience vs. having to deal with several different degrees and variants of bullshit to get a maybe superior experience.

Yeah but usually it's poor optimization not outright lack of features/assets/graphical effects.

Well except for some games getting ported from the xbox in the early xbox 360 generation.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm expecting a good PC version, especially because of the cross-play. Also, unlike SF4, which is on five platforms (six if you count 3DS), it will probably stay on two, maybe three if they make an Arcade version.

Fraeon

Nowadays I never expect a game to be released on PC without any problems. If it becomes a good port in less than 2 months it's "ok"

Which is why it astounds me anyome bothers with preorders. In a digital age shortage just simply doesn't exist and the games you're getting will most likely be broken on launch anyway.

Kumubou

Which is why it astounds me anyome bothers with preorders. In a digital age shortage just simply doesn't exist and the games you're getting will most likely be broken on launch anyway.
I think pre-ordering makes some sense when there's a significant discount. I can understand why people would be tempted to pre-order the new Batman game from somewhere like GMG when they're offering a steep discount. It's still a gamble (especially with WB's history of PC ports being pretty bad, to the point where it's actually biting them in the ass now with Valve's new refund policy), but it's a justifiable one as there is some upside.

But pre-ordering games? At full price? Digitally, when stock and delivery are never a concern (excepting PSNs randomly slow download speeds)? That makes less than zero sense.

Naarmight

I thought the case with Batman being pulled from sale was down to Steam refunds existing? I very much doubt they would have been so quick to do so were they not spending a lot of money processing all these refunds. Hopefully this sends a message to the industry that the previous state of affairs of releasing faulty games is over.

That said USIV on PS4 had its problems, so it is not a PC exclusive thing

As for Pre-ordering, I will probably do it with SFV on PC just for the Beta (If the UK isn't excluded from that incentive like on PS4)

Beckx

I thought the case with Batman being pulled from sale was down to Steam refunds existing? I very much doubt they would have been so quick to do so were they not spending a lot of money processing all these refunds. Hopefully this sends a message to the industry that the previous state of affairs of releasing faulty games is over.

That said USIV on PS4 had its problems, so it is not a PC exclusive thing

As for Pre-ordering, I will probably do it with SFV on PC just for the Beta (If the UK isn't excluded from that incentive like on PS4)

I think some territories get the beta w/o pre-ordering. Besides, in the US you just pre-order from amazon, get the code, and cancel. Did that with Destiny Alpha/Beta.

kirblar

Luchadores have a hit and run moveset and are hard to catch. That's the whole point of the style in a small guy v big guy pro wrestling match. Fuerte's playstyle translates that into the game - him not doing a ton of damage all at once is a big part of that.

BadWolf

Tripon

I hope it comes, but I would think if it was a 2016 release date for KoF 2014, SNK would have done an announcement already.

KOFXIII was:

Announced in February 2010
First previewed in March 2010
Released in arcades in July 2010

Wasn't XIII supposed to be like a fixed XII? XVI would be a brand new game on a new system and engine as well. So not quite the same comparison although it'd be great if they could release it by next year as well.

BadWolf

Wasn't XIII supposed to be like a fixed XII? XVI would be a brand new game on a new system and engine as well. So not quite the same comparison although it'd be great if they could release it by next year as well.

Not really, XIII was pretty much a new installment.

Way more characters (and moves for existing characters), all new backgrounds and music etc. The gameplay systems are also way different (XII had no drive cancels, hyper drive, EX moves, Neomaxes etc.). All the stuff you would expect from a new entry basically.

They also aren't doing hand drawn anymore from the sound of things, that alone should speed things up substantially.

BadWolf

The backgrounds and music weren't all new. Remixed, maybe. Characters in XII and XIII all shared sprite animations.

Most of them were very much new, the only portion I can remember them reusing is the fat ladies from the Italy stage (which appear on a new background in XIII).

And of course they will reuse sprites, it's a 2D fighter and they were brand new in XII.

fader

I actually wonder what their 3d models will look like... Hopefully it doesnt look anything like King of Combat *shudders*

BadWolf

I actually wonder what their 3d models will look like... Hopefully it doesnt look anything like King of Combat *shudders*

Yeah I'm very curious about this as well.

Also wonder whose art style they will base them on, XII/XIII's sprites were based on Nona's but he no longer works at SNK iirc.

Top Bottom