• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 22-28 | Ryu's in Smash 4, Jigglypuff's in SF5

Kumubou

The current game in Japan looks disgusting. Was watching a stream of the top players play the other night, there was a whole lot of single player going on. They kind of flushed honesty down the drain when they developed it.
The next honest fighting game French Bread makes would be their first. Although I kind of wonder if their general ruleset is impossible to make into something that's actually more reasonable without causing the overall game to feel sluggish (which would just be bad), given how loose the general cancel rules are.

Then again, what fighting game is honest? :V

DOA5 netcode on PC is now in Beta. Unstable as hell, but netcode felt pretty solid when it worked.
I was surprised how responsive the game was over a cross-country connection when we were playing. The game never played that well on PSN. Then again, moving from PSN (where most connections are wireless and on shitty transmitters) to Steam (where most connections are wired) has to be a help, as well.

gutabo

iwrFlKD.jpg

eMQP88b.jpg

y1lsv8h.jpg

Way too salty.

Perfected by a Dan.

Still ass at Ultra but I can see progress.

If your PSN is proudfatherof02, go fuck yourself.

G'night GAF.

ShinMaruku

Damn it SFV Juri must have booty and have her hair down in a better outfit. It's all I ask Capcom
Aside from never making another megaman game again

fader

Just found out one of my childhood friends passed away from failed heart surgery :(

damn man. Sorry to hear that. :/

Damn it SFV Juri must have booty and have her hair down in a better outfit. It's all I ask Capcom
Aside from never making another megaman game again

You better be playing Jack-o in Xrd Revelator.

fenrJmj.png
Stop acting so salty

dude... The only thing he post is her stream schedule. It's like he works for her lol.

for the record, I don't actually care, just messing around

Rhapsody

Banned
I still enjoy playing UNIEL more than some other current gen anime fighters despite its problems. Unfortunately when my character fights the top half of tier list, things get super messy. I don't know how future iterations are going to turn out though. They may fine tune the game (as opposed to BB styled changes) but the characters play really weird. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned into a counterpick heavy game like SF4 later on.

Just found out one of my childhood friends passed away from failed heart surgery :(

Sorry to hear that, Q :(

Anne

Watching Carmine delete somebody from the game while the commentators yelled "nice game" over and over again was a UNiEL highlight for me. I still like the game, but holy shit it went to amazing places.

vocab

uniel is fun to play, but the game is just dumb as hell. Not as bad as GG, but no reason to play it. All the anime games just suck right now.

Anne

UNiEL is only dumb if you're at the highest level lol. Unless you're playing at a Japanese arcade the game isn't like that.

even then it's still better than a lot of other games out, it's just that 1P happens.

Anne

No idea. The game is pretty RIP status atm in Japan, the only people I see play anymore are the tippy top. They need that new version p bad. I do know that 1P stuff like Gord, Carmine, Vatista etc moved up while stuff like Merkava and Wald went down some. You don't see any Merkava anymore tbh, he has to be too honest with trying to get hits, and he has bad answers to a lot of the defensive OSes that get used these days. He's still great at neutral but like the game developed way past his stuff these days.

Anne

Why is the game dead in Japan

Exact reasons Idk. I know a lot of players got bored and are waiting on the new version. If you check the arcades you can see how many active players hang around and for UNiEL it's been struggling to hit 200 for the last year and now it's pft. I've seen tournaments get cancelled from not enough people showing up.

You'd need to ask a Japanese speaer for more details, I just know what I got from some random social media feeds and checking game activity.

Clawww

these alts

I would have mained ponytail and School ryu

You can always see shit tier concept sneaking up

All these alts, cowboy barely drawn in the corner, thats the one they pick

holy fuck if they actually go with shadaloo psycho ken for SFV or at least put that in as an outfit at least I would Kreygasm real hard

vulva

No idea. The game is pretty RIP status atm in Japan, the only people I see play anymore are the tippy top. They need that new version p bad. I do know that 1P stuff like Gord, Carmine, Vatista etc moved up while stuff like Merkava and Wald went down some. You don't see any Merkava anymore tbh, he has to be too honest with trying to get hits, and he has bad answers to a lot of the defensive OSes that get used these days. He's still great at neutral but like the game developed way past his stuff these days.

no one cares about your emo anime games

Village

Fuck. That. Shit.

I don't want Street Fighter to turn into Tekken where you can barely tell who the fuck a character is.

I rather you suffer than to take a way customization options personally. I mean they could just have it where you just see defaults

But still if that can't happen, yeah I rather you suffer than take away customizations options, I stand by this in tekken aswell

What is the earliest that... anything at CEO starts streaming tomorrow? And by tomorrow I mean later on today considering it's technically Friday, especially at 3:24 am.

Rhapsody

Banned

I actually have no idea on how UNIEL OSes developed. I've just stuck with 3ACD/grap, Hyde OSes (he has some nice ones), and then Gord's (although I don't use him). I should probably check out matches again since it's been months. Really happy seeing Rion using Seth again here and there for fun.

Top Bottom