• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 22-28 | Ryu's in Smash 4, Jigglypuff's in SF5

notworksafe

I actually wonder what their 3d models will look like... Hopefully it doesnt look anything like King of Combat *shudders*

02s_1087938814.jpg

zWCtsu1.jpg

Kalamari

Is anyone buying BBCPEX? I kind of want to, but I hate how the BBCP DLC characters aren't included. Maybe I should just buy P4AU instead.

Anne

Is anyone buying BBCPEX? I kind of want to, but I hate how the BBCP DLC characters aren't included. Maybe I should just buy P4AU instead.

But they are included? (source: I own it)

It actually includes all previously released DLCs.

Also buy P4AU, it's great.

Anne

I mean, it sucks the balance update is locked behind buying a GOTY edition, but it at least come swith stuff. I think the only DLC not included are Mai voice (preorder bonus or 300 yen) and the Famitsu and Dengeki magazine colors.

Still, buy P4AU too.

Onemic

Now I finally understand how people felt when the first Extend came out. No way in hell am I supporting their bullshit. Pay full price for two DLC characters and a balance update? They can fuck off with that.

Dlent

I mean, it sucks the balance update is locked behind buying a GOTY edition, but it at least come swith stuff. I think the only DLC not included are Mai voice (preorder bonus or 300 yen) and the Famitsu and Dengeki magazine colors.

Still, buy P4AU too.

I imagine the magazine colors will just be free for US PSN like they were the first time(although that didn't happen for persona).

BadWolf

Now I finally understand how people felt when the first Extend came out. No way in hell am I supporting their bullshit. Pay full price for two DLC characters and a balance update? They can fuck off with that.

I've considered getting into their games before but stuff like that keeps me far away from them, what they are doing is just wrong.

fader

I've considered getting into their games before but stuff like that keeps me far away from them, what they are doing is just wrong.

and people make fun of Capcom for Super/Ultra/Hyper editions.... ASW took that mantle a long time ago and ran with it

My buddy asked me a question about KOF 2002 and had no clue about the answer when it came to Clark being small Clark too. Was it a glitch? Just curious.

Dlent

While I don't entirely disagree, I did buy CP on US release and got both dlc characters and it still didn't even cost me $60. Buying a new version a year and a half later is annoying, but it's hardly crazy by fighting game standards. Especially when they don't charge full price for their games.

Anne

All I want is ASW to throw out an update option tbh, same way Capcom did recently with AE and Ultra.

Rumor has it certain people at different corporate places really pushed back against CP extend being a disc release, especially after CS, but corporate Japan won out :<

Idek what flies in the Japanese console market anymore, but it's super clea rthe American market won't deal with this outside of the core audience. Hell the core audience is actually abandoning the series due to it, most of the usual game hoppers passed on this one due to the price and rerelease.

All I want is ASW to throw out an update option tbh, same way Capcom did recently with AE and Ultra.

Rumor has it certain people at different corporate places really pushed back against CP extend being a disc release, especially after CS, but corporate Japan won out :<
Where is the pushback for not having Nine? :p

How are Tager's Matchups these days? I see he is often put in A tier now, but he was stuck in C for like...four versions. What changed?

and people make fun of Capcom for Super/Ultra/Hyper editions.... ASW took that mantle a long time ago and ran with it

Maybe in NA.

They all pale in comparison to Bamco.

I already paid the price of an entire new release in DLC and I didn't even get the entire roster. A balance update isn't even on the table.

Anne

Where is the pushback for not having Nine? :p

How are Tager's Matchups these days? I see he is often put in A tier now, but he was stuck in C for like...four versions. What changed?

Tager's bad MUs got better in general and he was given more damage and tools to just kind of plow through neutral and take better guesses. I mean dude beats Nu now, about all you have to know really.

Tager's bad MUs got better in general and he was given more damage and tools to just kind of plow through neutral and take better guesses. I mean dude beats Nu now, about all you have to know really.
Can you tell me specifics? I used to main him, so I can follow along.

Maximum Impact was the worst series I have ever played in my life.

Wasn't MIRA legit tho

Anyways, wouldn't a new 3d KoF look more like that pachinko they announced a while back?

My buddy asked me a question about KOF 2002 and had no clue about the answer when it came to Clark being small Clark too. Was it a glitch? Just curious.

Small Clark? As in Clarl turning into a really tiny version of himself? Smells like one of those dozens of KoF2k2 hacks

The fuck

fader

Wasn't MIRA legit tho

Anyways, wouldn't a new 3d KoF look more like that pachinko they announced a while back?

now that I think about it I didnt touch that one...

After the 1st and 2nd one I never wanted to touch that series again...

If it looks anything like the pachinko artstyle then I will die a happy GAFer

Isn't K four 9 straight out of Akira?

ahhh... K four nine... I actually liked that character. RIP.

Top Bottom