• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 23-29 | Forever Yung at heArt

So Xian mentioned in the EH interview that he's going to Japan after hypespotting and then after that going to Norcal Regionals, but I think he really meant So Cal Regionals as NCR is at the same time as HS.

This pretty much confirms Topanga World League of some sort. He mentioned on his blog that there was an invitational after HS and NCR, but that he couldn't give more details other than it's stacked. Now as I said he mentioned in an interview that he's going to Japan after HS so that's the invitational he talked about in his blog. Xiaohai also said there was a Topanga event in spring that he's going to.

It all adds up boys. Topanga World League after NCR.

I guess that means Xian and Xiaohai are confirmed for that. Who else will make it? I'm guessing Daigo, Momochi, and Sako.

So Xian mentioned in the EH interview that he's going to Japan after hypespotting and then after that going to Norcal Regionals, but I think he really meant So Cal Regionals as NCR is at the same time as HS.

This pretty much confirms Topanga World League of some sort. He mentioned on his blog that there was an invitational after HS and NCR, but that he couldn't give more details other than it's stacked. Now as I said he mentioned in an interview that he's going to Japan after HS so that's the invitational he talked about in his blog. Xiaohai also said there was a Topanga event in spring that he's going to.

It all adds up boys. Topanga World League after NCR.

I guess that means Xian and Xiaohai are confirmed for that. Who else will make it? I'm guessing Daigo, Momochi, and Sako.

Isn't it the top 4 Japanese players from the prior Topanga League plus 4 internationals?

So
Daigo
Momochi
Sako
Bonchan

And

Xian
Xiaohai
Snake Eyez
Luffy...probably

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
We need a Yung Art shirt furreal

with this on the front (while yung art is on top of it):

ibi7ZlztnF1HUF.png

Isn't it the top 4 Japanese 4 players from the prior Topanga League plus 4 internationals?

So
Daigo
Momochi
Sako
Bonchan

And

Xian
Xiaohai
Snake Eyez
Luffy...probably

I think I figured it out. Topanga World League took both the 1st and 2nd place of their last 2 events. So in Asia League, Sako finished in 1st, Daigo came in 2nd, and Fuudo came in 3rd. Sako was supposed to be in, but was unable to compete due to his wife giving birth. Fuudo was next in line.

In Topanga League 3, Bonchan and Wao finished in 1st and 2nd so they both went too.

I'm guessing they're going to do the same and take the last 2 events into account.

Topanga World League: Daigo won with Xiaohai in 2nd. Bonchan came in 3rd.
Topanga League 4: Daigo won with Momochi in 2nd. Sako came in 3rd.

So either way Daigo, Momochi, Sako, and Bonchan are in. Whether they take into account the last 2 events or just the very last one, those 4 players are in.

I think I figured it out. Topanga World League took both the 1st and 2nd place of their last 2 events. So in Asia League, Sako finished in 1st, Daigo came in 2nd, and Fuudo came in 3rd. Sako was supposed to be in, but was unable to compete due to his wife giving birth. Fuudo was next in line.

In Topanga League 3, Bonchan and Wao finished in 1st and 2nd so they both went too.

I'm guessing they're going to do the same and take the last 2 events into account.

Topanga World League: Daigo won with Xiaohai in 2nd. Bonchan came in 3rd.
Topanga League 4: Daigo won with Momochi in 2nd. Sako came in 3rd.

So either way Daigo, Momochi, Sako, and Bonchan are in. Whether they take into account the last 2 events or just the very last one, those 4 players are in.

Snake Eyez is in this for sure. Just trust me.

The question is the last international player. I think it'll be Luffy because he's the Evo champion. If not him than probably Infil.

Marz

Snake Eyez will get destroyed if he's in topanga world league. The jab green hand nerf is really bad.

Dieminion is the only US player who could compete in that league IMO.

Snake Eyez will get destroyed if he's in topanga world league. The jab green hand nerf is really bad.

Dieminion is the only US player who could compete in that league IMO.

Nah, I think he'd get bopped. Not because he's a bad player, just because I think most of the top players wouldn't have an issue with Guile.

Why? It makes sense.

Obviously there's no true blank slate since fundamentals carry over and even in radically new games there will be some legacy design carrying over but compared to picking up a game like SF4 or Marvel or even a more traditional sequel like Tekken 7 a game like MKX would be a blank slate. There won't be tons of MK9 legacy knowledge you need to compete in MKX.

Hey Osu since you're there, can you talk a bit about MKX changes? I played the game during a press event in Paris and felt the whole zoning/projectile game was a bit nerfed with less zoning possibilities due to stamina bar reducing the amount of backdash and making you run. Since there was no people from the design team (only the NRS representative, a cool guy by the way) I couldn't ask it and I was left without an answer.

Zissou

I really love the level power station from Cyberbots. You've gotta see it in video form, as you fight aboard a satellite (or something) as it slowly re-enters the atmosphere and burns up. This happens slowly over time (not jumping between rounds 1 and 2, etc.) and it really subtle and cool. It makes the stage very dynamic without being distracting, and to see the full sequence, you have to have 3 long rounds, so when you start seeing stuff you've never seen before, you know the match is down to the wire. Good stage design is a lost art :(

Marz

Considering he put up less of a fight then young art at fr probably

I mean you guys are talking about Bonchan, Xao Hai, Xian being there and Dieminion has actually beaten those guys in tourny before.

Edit: also props to Art for top 8 at Final Round, but he didn't beat anybody but American players and they were Zangief (twice) and Bison (twice) and Sanford.

pixelish

capcom fighters will be streaming red bull kumite this weekend
Capcom Fighters ‏@CapcomFighters 8m
We’ll have a feed of @redbullESPORTS Kumite on our @Twitch channel this weekend. More details coming soon.

mbpm1

I mean you guys are talking about Bonchan, Xao Hai, Xian being there and Dieminion has actually beaten those guys in tourny before.

Edit: also props to Art for top 8 at Final Round, but he didn't beat anybody but American players and they were Zangief (twice) and Bison (twice) and Sanford.

At least he took a match off Fuudo and Momochi's Kendrick Lamar though. Dieminion didn't even manage that.

hitsugi

nah that kinda sounds par for the course actually.

Weren't they running slash at evo when ac had already come out?

They ran #R instead of Slash in 2006. That was nearly 10 years ago, and they conducted a poll including a huge thread with the community about the best way to approach it due to a lack of resources to obtain imports in time.. They used AC the following year.

In this scenario, they simply have no other option.

Top Bottom