• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 11-17 | Sticks and Stones Break Zangief's Bones

Ever since the patch came out 3 weeks back, the online has been amazing. I cant see how XBL is better than this honestly. It's even better than how it was during the GFWL days.

Wanna play a few matches btw rhap?

The online has been much better, but their is still one glaring problem. You can't use the connection bar to tell how good your connection will be with your opponent. I still end up playing dudes that are supposedly 1-2 bars with me and the match ends up being mostly or completely lag free. Although it's rarer, I'll also run into green bar matches that are pretty laggy. The same thing happens on Xbox and PS3 as well, but no where near the level it does on PC. Aside from that it's good. I'm also looking forward to the PS4 version and hopefully that that port turns out good.

petran79

Banned
Ever since the patch came out 3 weeks back, the online has been amazing. I cant see how XBL is better than this honestly. It's even better than how it was during the GFWL days.

Wanna play a few matches btw rhap?

Online was bad just on windows 7/8.
On Windows xp it was almost like gfwl.
Steam fixed the netplay for w7 with that patch with a few months delay

Rhapsody

Banned
That was fun. Got my butt kicked by onemic, but I at least learned a lot out of the matchup.

Kinda scary at the range you have to play with certain shotos against her, but I'm slowly understanding it.
Definitely need to punish and recognize more of her moves.

Yeah it's actually good if you are a fan of old school 2D beat em ups and can stomach standard MMO mechanics. The PvP isn't a traditional fighter as you have items/builds that you have to build up to. I don't know how the balance is, I don't think it's good in that department but it has a huge competitive following in Korea and is being reintroduced in NA.

There is a decent amount of variety and most classes see some play unless you are something really low on the tier list like MMage because both his subclasses are basically Dan and Deejay. There are some banned classes but that's because they haven't been balanced for pvp (in dfo pve and pvp stats are different and the game separates the two, so a ridiculous damage skill in pve is toned down so it won't one shot in pvp and so on with it's properties) classes that of course are obviously high tier in pvp just from their design, like Mbrawler won a championship recently and they are arguably #1 because it's like fighting Ryu but if he can land a Hadouken, then dash up to your face after hit confirming it to a full combo and landing a stun reset on you. Brawlers (both of them) can put the game in YOU DON'T PLAY if they stun you over and over again and read your quick rebound (think of it like a delayed wakeup and a quick rise. It depends on how long you hold it, but if you hold it all the way you wakeup with super armor. Some classes are really good on oki that if they read the super armor, they can break it with something like neck snap which gives a back turn or grab you out of it, fighters in general are good at this).

The action tournament finals MBrawler vs. Battle Mage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN-Owh2k_n8&feature=youtu.be&t=27m52s

Well anyways here's an example of the 2v2 I was mentioning before. You can see a fgrappler hold in place, and the soulbender is the dude with the sword putting circles down. The ranger is the guy with guns and battle mage is the loli. All 4 classes also do well in 1v1s, but you can see how someone like the grappler and soul bender can work together, since those holds so they can get more combo damage and how the grappler throws them back onto the circles, because they do debuffs such as poison and freezing, or buffing them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wShr3nwRJo

Onemic

Has anyone installed the akishop pcb on their stick recently? Since Toryuken is gonna be using 360's I have to finally sit down and install this thing myself.

That was fun. Got my butt kicked by onemic, but I at least learned a lot out of the matchup.

Kinda scary at the range you have to play with certain shotos against her, but I'm slowly understanding it.
Definitely need to punish and recognize more of her moves.

ya ggs man. I have to get this Elena ready for tomorrow :p

Im still mostly playing her like her pre 1.04 patch self. Cancelling a low mp into her lynx tail is pretty tough. That's why if you noticed I only cancelled into it(the move that hits low, where she looks like shes breakdancing) from her standing lk.

That buff is soooo good though. The extra mind games it gives is great. Switching between the medium and hard versions of it conditions the opponent to either not press a button giving me free pressure off a negative move, or pushing a button and getting punished for it with the hard version.

The online has been much better, but their is still one glaring problem. You can't use the connection bar to tell how good your connection will be with your opponent. I still end up playing dudes that are supposedly 1-2 bars with me and the match ends up being mostly or completely lag free. Although it's rarer, I'll also run into green bar matches that are pretty laggy. The same thing happens on Xbox and PS3 as well, but no where near the level it does on PC. Aside from that it's good. I'm also looking forward to the PS4 version and hopefully that that port turns out good.

Ya I've noticed this too. I generally limit myself to only people within Canada, US, and Mexico(Mexico has to be 3 bars though) for me to accept a match. Generally I get good matches that way, unless the other persons connection is ass. I never accept matches from players where their country is unlisted. That's pretty much where I've gotten all my laggy 3 bar matches from.

Right now there is a tv program in Japan showing pro gaming. Fuudo, Choco, and Momochi are the players from the fgc that are being shown alongside a lol team. Pro gaming and the show's name is trending in Japan right now.

CFFRm6SUEAAgml3.jpg

Every character in every NRS story mode is a jobber, who only exists to lose to or need saving by whoever the current character you're playing as is. Since you never play as bad guys, they all exist only to get beat up.

Tripon

Every character in every NRS story mode is a jobber, who only exists to lose to or need saving by whoever the current character you're playing as is. Since you never play as bad guys, they all exist only to get beat up.

What are you talking about? Raiden is totally the bad guy in MK9. ;P

hitsugi

yo wats wrong with gunz

Edit: Apparently I missed Blackule getting shit on, sad times.

gunz is fucking sick. or it was about 11 years ago. back when people did things manually and sacrificed their hands for katana shots or whatever the hell it was.

ggs earlier onemic.

shaowebb

I signed up for TYM to post some MKX stuff but I don't have permissions to reply to a character forum thread? Welp, not gonna use that account now.

I'm a mod at TYM Shouta. I'm shaowebb on that forum same as here. What's your username and I'll PM the other mods to try to get you fixed up.

Top Bottom