• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 11-17 | Sticks and Stones Break Zangief's Bones

fader

Blazblue is the worst with character design. The only reason I play Mu is cause she's one third naked

and I got tired of nu match ups with tager in vanilla

fader

the limited time I had with BBCP she was the character I put off on trying until I had to

too bad she was the character that gelled most with me lol

she's just that weird pervy character design that I hate so much in Japanese media.

I understand they are more open to that type of stuff and our culture is different but it's just weird...

she's just that weird pervy character design that I hate so much in Japanese media.

I understand they are more open to that type of stuff and our culture is different but it's just weird...

whats pervy about plat? I know she's a loli and people don't like that generally but how is the character perv? Never really played tbh

Anne

whats pervy about plat? I know she's a loli and people don't like that generally but how is the character perv? Never really played tbh

8c73a5033f.jpg

Out of all the loli characters I gotta agree, Plat is refreshingly not pervy. None of the typical creepy upskirts, massive boobs despite her age/size/body type, no weird poses, and none of the creepy suggestive situations. I don't play her but I wish other characters of this archetype were handled like this.

... all of this is the official stuff, we all know how dark google image searches can get lol.

shaowebb

What? Dude Platinum the Trinity is a spoof on the whole "Magical Girl" theme in anime. Hell the soul of her brother is trapped in their with her which meant to be a fun jab because his sister is pretty brutish for a magical girl in personality making him the gentle character.. The whole point is neither soul is a good example of Magical Girls because ones a dude which doesn't work for the style and the other is a brutish girl too foul mouthed to work in the role. Its making fun of the genre and in no ways has that character ever been meant to be there just for the sake of being a Pervy ideal. Most you ever get is a skirt flick and thats every anime girl.

Anne

... all of this is the official stuff, we all know how dark google image searches can get lol.

Gallery mode is no longer official?

Also apparently people forgot about the time ASW sold a hug pillow of her in a bunny suit on side A and with her clothes falling off on side B.

fader

What? Dude Platinum the Trinity is a spoof on the whole "Magical Girl" theme in anime. Hell the soul of her brother is trapped in their with her which meant to be a fun jab because his sister is pretty brutish for a magical girl in personality making him the gentle character.. The whole point is neither soul is a good example of Magical Girls because ones a dude which doesn't work for the style and the other is a brutish girl too foul mouthed to work in the role. Its making fun of the genre and in no ways has that character ever been Pervy.

I know you can't see it but I'm rolling my eyes SOOO hard right now.

EDIT:

heres a gif to illiterate my feeling

692.gif

I've read negima so I guess platinum and rachel arent that super suprising to me. I will say that I was never a fan of mu's, makoto's or taokakas. Also even though I played litchi, her design was also kinda whack

Anne

Platinum is a parody of Magical Girl stuff in a number of ways, AND she's portrayed in a super creepy and perverted fashion, the same as every other woman/girl/cat thing in Blazblue :p

NEO0MJ

Platinum is a parody of Magical Girl stuff in a number of ways, AND she's portrayed in a super creepy and perverted fashion, the same as every other woman/girl/cat thing in Blazblue :p

I couldn't believe Taokaka's character portrait in CS. Why would they do that?

shaowebb

She doesn't wear underwear.

QMrrqLs.png

She's there to mock the stereotype and its fans. Heck the first thing she says when woken up by Kokonoe in her bad ending is "What the fuck" and then she proceeds to threaten Kokonoe's life, call her retarded and then claim that she's a pervert out to do crazy H-game stuff to her. She does that a lot...yelled it at Ragna too.

Like I said. She's a tongue in cheek jab at the genre, it's tropes and especially its fans. I will give you this...the game has a lot of fanservice through out it. I just don't see Platinum the Trinity as one of the examples of "pervy" things in the game. She was a bait and switch to mock those wanting a true magical girl to fawn over.

Shouta

It's not so much the character herself as it is the people that play the game. Her animations are pretty tame for the most part and even cute but the fanbase for the char is uh.

When I started playing her and learning combos, I went to youtube to see what I could find and ran into this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1bK98rZzzI

Yeah... it's a slow motion and zooms of Platinum's panty shots in her animation. I facepalm'd hard then went and learned Bat combos.

It's not so much the character herself as it is the people that play the game. Her animations are pretty tame for the most part and even cute but the fanbase for the char is uh.

When I started playing her and learning combos, I went to youtube to see what I could find and ran into this.

Yeah... it's a slow motion and zooms of Platinum's panty shots in her animation. I facepalm'd hard then went and learned Bat combos.

ok this I understand easily and makes sense. People can be creepy as fuck, as I found out a similar video in SG awhile back.

the entire point and creation of a "loli" is being sexually attracted to young girls.

I see what you are trying to say but I disagree. Take out "entire point". It does play a large reason but not the sole reason. But I feel that people are just equating loli = perverted and its a bit silly. Nobody is going to call madoka a perverted show.

Uh...have you seen her?

what kind of dumb question is this?

Out of all the loli characters I gotta agree, Plat is refreshingly not pervy. None of the typical creepy upskirts, massive boobs despite her age/size/body type, no weird poses, and none of the creepy suggestive situations. I don't play her but I wish other characters of this archetype were handled like this.

I do agree that she is quite normal but I understand why people would feel uncomfortable esp given large parts of the fanbase. Also I wouldn't say refreshing lol.

Anne

I was trying to look into what Celica does the other day and ran into a 24 minute live commentary of a guy doing frame by frame retries of finding panty shots. Shit was surreal.

I was trying to look into what Celica does the other day and ran into a 24 minute live commentary of a guy doing frame by frame retries of finding panty shots. Shit was surreal.

If that isn't character dedication, I dont know what is

Crocodile

Considering the existence of like Rule 34 and other silliness, I'm not sure I'd let the fact that creepy/weird people may enjoy the same thing I do affect me too much. If you personally thought Platnium was palatable, does it matter if someone on the other side of the planet you'll never interact with has a hug pillow (barf) of her?

There's no context in which Platinum isn't offensive and gross

You're basically telling everyone you're being an ironic lolicon if you try to justify it

mbpm1

Considering the existence of like Rule 34 and other silliness, I'm not sure I'd let the fact that creepy/weird people may enjoy the same thing I do affect me too much. If you personally thought Platnium was palatable, does it matter if someone on the other side of the planet you'll never interact with has a hug pillow (barf) of her?

I see the point but I think there is a fair possibility of encountering these people in the scene tbh

fader

I see what you are trying to say but I disagree. Take out "entire point". It does play a large reason but not the sole reason. But I feel that people are just equating loli = perverted and its a bit silly. Nobody is going to call madoka a perverted show.

ok. lemme say this. I do not feel that every person who likes this character (or loli's in general) is perverted. I just think the idea behind the archetype is because of several reasons like cuteness in japan being exploited sexually...

But whatever, maybe there is something about the character people enjoy that I cannot see because my blind judgement fogs my ability to comprehend. In any case, do you loli-fan's, I don't want to be apart of this discussion anymore... lol!

Azure J

You know, between lurking Splatoon threads for the better part of my near two week ban and seeing this discussion here, I have a feeling that there exists a problem of both perception and projection when it comes to young girl characters in games.

Top Bottom