• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 11-17 | Sticks and Stones Break Zangief's Bones

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
i just figured out how to win with rolento, be patient and let your opponent crucify themselves
idk what im saying, i suck with the guy ;_;

Kumubou

has there been a fighting game that tried dedicated servers?
Why would a game that's involving exactly two networked devices need a dedicated server? It doesn't make any sense unless you start adding more players. It might make sense for something like SSB4 in eight-player modes, but that's really it.

jbug617

Banned
Bronson just tweeted that he is going to show some Strongstyle matches tomorrow on Spooky's stream. Aris and Rip will do commentary.

fader

Why would a game that's involving exactly two networked devices need a dedicated server? It doesn't make any sense unless you start adding more players. It might make sense for something like SSB4 in eight-player modes, but that's really it.

man idk, I never took networking clas.

Playing usf4 for the 1st time since MKX dropped, man I'm rusty. Feels bad man.

At least now I can live with not going to toryuken, the rust is real.

Azure J

Would really like to add UNiEL to the rotation of games I'm playing with now, but no PC/PS4 is killing that dream for now. :(

Then again, I haven't touched Xrd in a bit opting instead to learn Smash 4 properly and I'm just barely getting out of the hard semester vortex, maybe narrowing my focus for a bit is a good thing.

Nyoro SF

ASW is publishing the new UNIEL which means no PC release :(
It's a shame because French Bread did seem to be slightly responsive to requests to put the game up on PC. But that dream is dead

Would really like to add UNiEL to the rotation of games I'm playing with now, but no PC/PS4 is killing that dream for now. :(

Then again, I haven't touched Xrd in a bit opting instead to learn Smash 4 properly and I'm just barely getting out of the hard semester vortex, maybe narrowing my focus for a bit is a good thing.

you're never getting out of the Mario Kart 8 salt vortex though :p

Zissou

2 simultaneous games is my limit as far as actively playing/practicing. 1 older game I've been playing forever (marvel) plus 1 newer game I'm trying to learn (xrd) is plenty enough to suck up all my time.

shaowebb

Played some more TvC tonight to stay up and flip my schedule for a night shift I'm taking tomorrow.

Man was Polimar's High low pressure unreal.

Dude had a command roll to change sides on folks, lows, overheads, and more.

aiTqBDo.gif

All this and he didn't even USE his symbols. Basically he could strike a pose to gain a symbol (max 3). When he strikes the pose he could spend the symbol right off by tapping one of 3 buttons to do an attack...either a low, overhead, or grab that broke guards. He could also cancel out of his Razor Kicks (think lightning legs) into ANY of those moves for the cost of a symbol.

Non stop combo extensions and high/low mixups all day. Soooooo much damage with this guy and he had both an OTG Super, a command grab super and a lvl 3 COUNTER super. Man was he good.

Also for funsies here is a triple Voltekka combo

nah but good luck tho, same for all the other GAFers participating.

untitled-1ozi94.gif

didn't think so

to let people know why I didn't do full healing, Gouken can punish it full screen with U2 when he charges it up because it goes fast as all hell. I've played with him a bit in that matchup so that's why I only took the little health back instead of going full.

Would've been ugly if he got a full U2 then stun afterwards from fullscreen :/

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Played some more TvC tonight to stay up and flip my schedule for a night shift I'm taking tomorrow.

Man was Polimar's High low pressure unreal.

Dude had a command roll to change sides on folks, lows, overheads, and more.

aiTqBDo.gif

All this and he didn't even USE his symbols. Basically he could strike a pose to gain a symbol (max 3). When he strikes the pose he could spend the symbol right off by tapping one of 3 buttons to do an attack...either a low, overhead, or grab that broke guards. He could also cancel out of his Razor Kicks (think lightning legs) into ANY of those moves for the cost of a symbol.

Non stop combo extensions and high/low mixups all day. Soooooo much damage with this guy and he had both an OTG Super, a command grab super and a lvl 3 COUNTER super. Man was he good.

To think we have things more fucked than this LOL

Astarte

I love DFO it's the perfect merger of a beat em up with fighting game mechanics, there are oTGs wall combos and other things. It's pretty good. Only real issue is some of the classes got over nerfed and the balance on the low end is REALLY bad. But that's only like 3 classes.

And I would know because most of my mains are in the lowest tier possible. Male fighters where we at? If anyone wants more info, feel free to drop in the thread.

I'm glad to hear that uniel got an update, it's time to put some more work in!

Been watching some of Juicebox`s uploads and Yatagarasu is looking really damn good, feels like 3rd Strike and Garou Mark of the Wolves had a baby.

The new ninja looking character looks very promising, his gameplay feels like a cross between Terry Bogard and Geese Howard with his own twist.

It`s pretty much the only other (announced) fighting game I`m looking forward to playing aside from SFV.

The gameplay looks nice, but the way some of the characters are posed just tortures me. Kou, Hanzo and the quick draw girls especially have poses that make me want to punch someone. So impractical, nevermind unsafe (yup, let's put that head waaayyy forward with no protection. Good idea, yessir!)

Also, "thanks for playing, here's some hentai ^__^" <-- o_O

It's like the game is so close, but insists on some things that just make me squirm.

Azure looks intriguing but he seems to deal basically no damage outside of hitting the mixup before super lands and a couple other specific situations.

Anne

I just want to point out I believe most(if not all) of the load screens are pieces of art from artists in the fan/doujin community. It's a pretty common thing in doujin games and it usually ends up really fan servicey. Hell, the Project Diva games are published by Sega, and I can still recognize some of the load screens from Pixiv monstering.

Another little cultural thing that leads to butts in fighting games.

I mean, it could be worse. It could be Blazblue.

Anne

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/s4s/image/1421/91/1421910370850.pngMG][/QUOTE]

Don't give me that :P Blazblue gets really gross and pervy, I play the game in spite of the otaku fueled creepy anime bullshit.

It's worth noting Galileo is in the Mix Up Night bracket and on the stream.

Top Bottom