• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 4-10 | WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!

Since the topic of teaching players comes up in these threads every week, I want to shout out NRS' Kombat Klass video series for being a decent effort. It would be nice if these were in the game disc itself for the whole cast, but I suppose that with a game constantly changing in development it's not feasible even with player testers figuring out gameplans and BnBs, at least not without freezing the balance at a point and taking the time out to make these.

Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Jason

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Projectiles are not even that great in mk x overall, they are either completely avoidable or do shit damage compared to what others can do off random 50/50 or long reaching normals

fader

That would require prediction and decision making soooo...

Not gonna happen. Too hard.

i'm just so sick of the blogs, video upload, "news" articles, and reddit threads about how Jaqui spammers are these "unbeatable, cowardice, unfair cheaters" when those people are just inputting the move with no caution or thought behind it.

kirblar

Projectiles are not even that great in mk x overall, they are either completely avoidable or do shit damage compared to what others can do off random 50/50 or long reaching normals
I expect them to nerf some of the scrub-tier projectiles - keeps casuals happy, unlikely to have a significantly negative high-level effect.

i'm just so sick of the blogs, video upload, "news" articles, and reddit threads about how Jaqui spammers are these "unbeatable, cowardice, unfair cheaters" when those people are just inputting the move with no caution or thought behind it.

Fighting games require thought? What?

1336052-2312288093_9f8f143d6a.jpg

rookiejet

any recommendations on new monitors w/o display lag? looking at displaylag.com - need to get a new monitor for the laptop, but figure I might as well get something that has little lag so we can use it for tournaments if need be.

The LG IPS monitors are great and cheap. The 27MP35VQ is essentially the same as the discontinued 27EA33V model which is rated in the displaylag database at 9ms. The smaller 22" model performs just as well too (I have both).

Kumubou

Can't wait to bother French Bread for a Steam version of the next game
fruitlessly
*sob*
Don't worry, ArcSys picked up the rights to publish the PC versions of their games
so that they can bury the PC version and make sure it will never happen, RIP

ShinMaruku

When you make games like that and expect the unwashed masses to come to terms with it, you should expect this. The trick is if Netherealm would bend to these people
I think they will and over patching is gonna kill the game and nobody will learn

When I lose it's not 'unfair or whatever I just say they beat me.

But really folks fighting games are another language to new people don't be surprised that if they sell well you get these uninformed opinions.

Kumubou

People seem to like it; just excessive on the DLC from my understanding.
The DLC is way over the top, but thankfully it's all safely ignored unless you want to dress your waifu in a bath towel or maid uniform.

The game itself is solid, but the netcode is buns.

My coworker was telling me about how he hates fighting our mutual friend "J" since he keeps winning with the lamest tactics in MKX. J'll get you into a corner, and throw you or uppercut you. It's the funniest thing, and I couldn't hide my laughter during his rant lmao. He tried delayed wakeup, ducking on wakeup, reversals on wakeup, and none of them worked. It's apparently pure reads each time.

J then sent them a pic of his fight stick, and my friend asks him "did you really spend that money to do combos easier, or just to press those two buttons?"

J: "...the two buttons lol"

ShinMaruku

Do you want to make Itagaki cry Y/N
Itagaki was on a discussion about doa5 with some fans and one dude I know when in and said "Fuck you for making doa4." XD

People seem to like it; just excessive on the DLC from my understanding.

The DLC is way over the top, but thankfully it's all safely ignored unless you want to dress your waifu in a bath towel or maid uniform.

The game itself is solid, but the netcode is buns.
Nah MKX is buns. :p

As to the dlc have you seen that a third of the player base has paid for costume packs, they are making a great amount of money.

My coworker was telling me about how he hates fighting our mutual friend "J" since he keeps winning with the lamest tactics in MKX. J'll get you into a corner, and throw you or uppercut you. It's the funniest thing, and I couldn't hide my laughter during his rant lmao. He tried delayed wakeup, ducking on wakeup, reversals on wakeup, and none of them worked. It's apparently pure reads each time.

J then sent them a pic of his fight stick, and my friend asks him "did you really spend that money to do combos easier, or just to press those two buttons?"

J: "...the two buttons lol"

He summed my experience when I first played SF4 with my friend. So frustrating but I slowly learned how to deal with it.

Top Bottom