• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 4-10 | WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!

MrDaravon

USPS mailman imp is one of the better names I've seen in a while. Him just doing non-stop/random tatsus with Ryu and Akuma makes it even better.

EDIT: What the fuck was that? LOL

Kumubou

Urusai urusai urusai
I don't even have a problem with Shana being as powerful as she is... but she's braindead to play and not that interesting to fight against. I don't even think she should be nerfed much (although how quickly she builds meter, especially in a game where your damage revolves around how much meter you have is pretty lulzy), but I would rather see her changed up to be more interesting to play and play against.

Rhapsody

Banned
I don't even have a problem with Shana being as powerful as she is... but she's braindead to play and not that interesting to fight against. I don't even think she should be nerfed much (although how quickly she builds meter, especially in a game where your damage revolves around how much meter you have is pretty lulzy), but I would rather see her changed up to be more interesting to play and play against.

Yeah, she has way too many easy spots to just call the assist and either power or burn meter for a third of their life to a half. Other characters are straight forward too, but she's able to just convert off of anything. I do like her as a character from the LN, but I actually end up using Asuna, Miyuki, and possibly Railgun more. Asuna's still straightforward, but the latter two are interesting and fun.

Watching KSB, I never knew how dirty some of those mixups were until I saw GO1 play. Charged j.C stuff was nice along with Enju to help with oki.

CSX

Just got back from Texas Showdown and played some Tekken 7. Thanks to Markman and Namco for managing to bring it down to Houston last minute after the incident.

Fun game. Shaheen is so gooood :)

Rhapsody

Banned
Just got back from Texas Showdown and played some Tekken 7. Thanks to Markman and Namco for managing to bring it down to Houston last minute after the incident.

Fun game. Shaheen is so gooood :)

Hopefully Mark Man has no issues this tourney. Last one involved the break in, one before that was food poisoning I think?

CSX

Hopefully Mark Man has no issues this tourney. Last one involved the break in, one before that was food poisoning I think?

The current issue is that they dont have one dude just manning the machines to plug in our pads or sticks for the game lol. It's only him and another dude and they are always preoccupied doing other important things.

tumblr_no0d9jOVdb1usswtzo1_540.jpg

© Moto Kikaku

hitsugi

NoScorpieonNoAronBlack

Is this guy for real? If so then goddamn. He rage quite a few times pretty hilarious.

Edit: This guy has to obviously be trolling people sure are getting riled up though.

Yeah he has to be trolling. He has videos of prior streams where he apparently played GTAV while trying not to break any laws.. Still, though, this guy beats people here and there

Mr. X

- Time / Weather effects in stages
- Release date : 2016, before the end of the fiscal year.
- Unreal Engine 4
- The new mechanic is named V-Trigger : You can change your stance.
- 16 characters
- No Super Street Fighter 2X + EX (Updates kinda like League of Legends / Killer Instinct)
- The story mode will be way much better, they know they fucked up with sf4.
- The PC version is here mostly because they want to bring the game to Latin America, South Asia, Africa...

Half way through the Ken Bogard rumors excluding the new character stuff

mbpm1

- Unreal Engine 4
- 16 characters
- No Super Street Fighter 2X + EX (Updates kinda like League of Legends / Killer Instinct)
- The PC version is here mostly because they want to bring the game to Latin America, South Asia, Africa...

I'm wondering how they're going to make the story mode better.

- Unreal Engine 4
- 16 characters

16 characters? :-/

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Today was the saltiest I've ever gotten and I regret it. No broken controllers, no holes in the wall, just lightly threw my controller on the floor and walked away. Never have I been so disappointed in myself that I would let a game get the best of me like this.

Dahbomb

- Unreal Engine 4
- 16 characters

Where was all this confirmed? From the fiscal report?

mbpm1

Today was the saltiest I've ever gotten and I regret it. No broken controllers, no holes in the wall, just lightly threw my controller on the floor and walked away. Never have I been so disappointed in myself that I would let a game get the best of me like this.

What happened lol

VariantX

Would you guys be interested in paid mods for Street Fighter 5?

Would love it if Capcom found a way to embrace the community of artists and modders who make some of those alts for USF4 PC. The output of some of these guys are on par with what capcom puts out for us to buy.

Mr. X

- Release date : 2016, before the end of the fiscal year. via fiscal report
- Unreal Engine 4 currently on the UE4 website
- 16 characters
- No Super Street Fighter 2X + EX (Updates kinda like League of Legends / Killer Instinct) via Capcom's mouth
- The PC version is here mostly because they want to bring the game to Latin America, South Asia, Africa... via fiscal report

Added how it was mentioned

Skab

Didn't the initial arcade release of vanilla SF4 only have 16 characters?

The original eight, the four heavenly kings and then the first four new SF4 characters making 16.

Them plus akuma and gouken as hidden guys. Was 19 total, IIRC.

I believe Ono(?) also said they wanted to focus on each characters really feeling/being different. So if a smaller launch roster means things like shotos all feeling more unique, then I'm all for it.

Top Bottom