• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 4-10 | WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!

Seyavesh

lol that was you? you almost had it at the end against that guy.
yeah. my style works p well when i don't feel like my body is actively trying to kill me

im actually really pissed that my xfc input got eaten by dt

also getting hit the same way 10 games in a row

ishould be asleep so that I can play later tonight but I feel like shiiiiit

Mr. X

It was 17. Gouken wasn't playble until home console unlike Akuma who was only time locked for like a month? At launch it was totally 16.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
What happened lol

Little tournament, destroyed everyone, 3-0 till Winners. Friend uses Doom rocks on my wolverine, I still have no way to deal with it. Hell, Prodigy 10-0'ed on me just using that, assist is the bane of my existence. I 10-3'ed the guy in a first to ten a couple weeks ago and decides to switch from plasma beam to rocks, beats me 3-1. I was so frustrated that that assist has me on lockdown so hard, hell I have an easier time with missiles. I just threw my controller cause I didn't know what to do with my team to face it. Plus my friend was playing Trish on point with traps and Doom rocks against my rush down oriented team, you can only imagine how difficult it is to get in on this guy.

Dahbomb

Little tournament, destroyed everyone, 3-0 till Winners. Friend uses Doom rocks on my wolverine, I still have no way to deal with it. Hell, Prodigy 10-0'ed on me just using that, assist is the bane of my existence. I 10-3'ed the guy in a first to ten a couple weeks ago and decides to switch from plasma beam to rocks, beats me 3-1. I was so frustrated that that assist has me on lockdown so hard, hell I have an easier time with missiles. I just threw my controller cause I didn't know what to do with my team to face it. Plus my friend was playing Trish on point with traps and Doom rocks against my rush down oriented team, you can only imagine how difficult it is to get in on this guy.
10706835_312269115625892_1788894402_n.jpg

Seems like you need to learn the Rocks match up son. Need to learn some patience.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Seems like you need to learn the Rocks match up son. Need to learn some patience.

I have a small thought on how to deal with it and I won that one match when I treated the assist like Sentinel drones, run in and just hit the assist once and its down. Sadly Doom isn't that big and traps are stopping me from doing that. All I can do is super jump... I'll take a break from Marvel and reassess the matchup next time I go to my local fg area.

Them plus akuma and gouken as hidden guys. Was 19 total, IIRC.

I believe Ono(?) also said they wanted to focus on each characters really feeling/being different. So if a smaller launch roster means things like shotos all feeling more unique, then I'm all for it.

gouken wasn't playable

shaowebb

Whoa thats weird stuff...browsing the internet on indie fighting games I found some odd stuff related to that Beast's Fury game that tried to prop up their kickstarter campaign with Maximillian's dog.

They have a 3D model of a character now...are they switching to 3D? Plus apparently they released a vid at some point as a primer for their trenchcoat dude and it sounds an awful lot like they are using KoF XIII's HD gauge and cancel system along with an HD combo. Isn't that copywrited or something?

here's the vid

I dunno. Weird stuff from a project that always seemed kind of out there. Skip to the end for KoF stuff.Not certain why there is suddenly a 3d Model. Maybe they figured out that hand drawn will break you down with a lot of labor for a small crew and are changing art assets later or something? Maybe just messing around for funsies? Who knows.

Anyhow yeah...indie stuff.

Please sf5 don't have no kombat kids, new chars must be dope.

Pls.
The Kombat Kids seem pretty popular, though.

That said, the SF characters don't seem like they're old enough to be there, and there aren't really any romances, right?

Actually, I would love to see C. Viper's daughter grown up in the game.

doom rocks assist is pretty good. Probably my most used Doom assist when I played.
Took so damn long for folks to figure it out. I used it on Skull/Doom/Dormammu for a long time.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
doom rocks assist is pretty good. Probably my most used Doom assist when I played.

Took so damn long for folks to figure it out. I used it on Skull/Doom/Dormammu for a long time.

Question to both, what do you feel is a shortcoming with Doom rocks? I need as much as info as I can since there's only one proficient Doom player I can meet on the regular.

Sentinel mirror...

wut

That's what I was saying, is this day one vanilla? lol

Mr. X

Whoa thats weird stuff...browsing the internet on indie fighting games I found some odd stuff related to that Beast's Fury game that tried to prop up their kickstarter campaign with Maximillian's dog.

They have a 3D model of a character now...are they switching to 3D? Plus apparently they released a vid at some point as a primer for their trenchcoat dude and it sounds an awful lot like they are using KoF XIII's HD gauge and cancel system along with an HD combo. Isn't that copywrited or something?

here's the vid

I dunno. Weird stuff from a project that always seemed kind of out there. Skip to the end for KoF stuff.Not certain why there is suddenly a 3d Model. Maybe they figured out that hand drawn will break you down with a lot of labor for a small crew and are changing art assets later or something? Maybe just messing around for funsies? Who knows.

Anyhow yeah...indie stuff.

Its looked like that for a while now. One of the guys posts on Skullheart. Still bothered they needed 2 crowdfunding campaigns.

Pocket Rumble guy is posting on SH too.

shaowebb

Its looked like that for a while now. One of the guys posts on Skullheart. Still bothered they needed 2 crowdfunding campaigns.

For real? Huh...so are they goin 3d or 2d? I knew how it looked in 2d which is what is shown in the vid from a day ago but is there a story on the 3d Model? They are in Unity so they can go either way. Still not certain on whether or not its legal to use the KoF HD gauge cancel system HD combo stuff though. I really have trouble digging through patent stuff and I'd like to be able to check stuff like that myself. Lord knows its a great system worth ganking for your own fighter if its up for grabs.

Also Pocket Rumble? I like that guy. Looks like I need to go to another FG board since I'm indie as shit myself.

Mr. X

For real? Huh...so are they goin 3d or 2d? I knew how it looked in 2d which is what is shown in the vid from a day ago but is there a story on the 3d Model? They are in Unity so they can go either way. Still not certain on whether or not its legal to use the KoF HD gauge cancel system HD combo stuff though. I really have trouble digging through patent stuff and I'd like to be able to check stuff like that myself. Lord knows its a great system worth ganking for your own fighter if its up for grabs.

Also Pocket Rumble? I like that guy. Looks like I need to go to another FG board since I'm indie as shit myself.

HD guage is just modified Custom Combo gauge from Alpha.
Chaos Code uses something similar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP6I1mC0Y58

Question to both, what do you feel is a shortcoming with Doom rocks? I need as much as info as I can since there's only one proficient Doom player I can meet on the regular.

That's what I was saying, is this day one vanilla? lol
Slower windup, weak projectile priority (loses to Plasma Beam), doesn't appear far behind the player like Plasma Beam and is thus less safe. Super free to Chris, for example.

Dahbomb

Doom Rocks is mainly only useful to disrupt various forms of rushdown and to create another layer of ambiguity for teleport characters. In zoning vs zoning match it's pretty much useless.

Mr. X

Chaos Code has really fun characters. The only character I tried so far I'm not really feeling is Cereberus and Bravo (still visually entertaining).

Need to try the Celias, Kudlak, Hermes, Catherine, Cythlla, and Cait.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Slower windup, weak projectile priority (loses to Plasma Beam), doesn't appear far behind the player like Plasma Beam and is thus less safe. Super free to Chris, for example.

Oh wow, didn't know it loses to Plasma Beam. Might try experimenting with alternate teams to play the match up better.

Doom Rocks is mainly only useful to disrupt various forms of rushdown and to create another layer of ambiguity for teleport characters. In zoning vs zoning match it's pretty much useless.

Guess I'll use my B team then, X23, Vergil, Doom.

4r5

Capcom vs Data East, over Fighter's History infringing on Street Fighter 2, Data East won and was allowed to clone away. And thus we have so many great games to play or not play.

Dahbomb

Top 8 Marvel looking nice

Justin "Marvelous" Wong
Ray Ray
ChrisG
Flux

GDLK Abe (team Nemo)
Rubeks (Skrull/Spencer/MODOK)
KBR (Hulk/Hagger/Sentinel)
Buckethead (Zero/Morrigan/Doom)

And one of either Buckethead or Jan will make top 8.

Top Bottom