• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 3 Release Date Window is 2028, hints dev

Draugoth

Gold Member
Final-Fantasy-7-rebirth-new-0bc2.jpg

Square Enix‘s Naoki Hamaguchi has dropped a hint about the release date window for Final Fantasy 7 remake’s part 3. The third installment, which has yet to be titled, might be out by early 2028 as it seems to be following the same trajectory as FF7: Rebirth.
Source

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Is there a way to get this digital in the after life? i doubt ill be around by the time they finish this series lol.

Wouldn't be surprised if its sooner since they're gonna re-use the open world that has already been created in Rebirth.

Last edited:

Bkdk

Hopefully ff6 remake next, then 9 and 10 probably. Seems like SE should just halt ff mainline sequels indefinitely since they would be so busy for remakes and players want remakes a lot more than mainline sequels anyway.

Maitre_Piccolo

Neo Member
There is nothing in that interview that suggests it will release in 2028. All they are saying is that right now, part 3 is in the same stage as part 2 (rebirth) was one month before the release of part1 (remake).

But as going from part1 to part 2 introduced a lot of changes (open world), we cannot assume that this comment suggests anything about the time it will take to finish the development part 3.

Last edited:

hinch7

Hopefully ff6 remake next, then 9 and 10 probably. Seems like SE should just halt ff mainline sequels indefinitely since they would be so busy for remakes and players want remakes a lot more than mainline sequels anyway.
No chance. They openly said it would take decades to tackle FFVI as a full-on remake.

If Geforce leak is still correct, FFIX is the next game to get the remake treatment.

Last edited:

The Shepard

No chance. They openly said it would take decades to tackle FFVI as a full-on remake.

If Geforce leak is still correct, FFIX is the next game to get the remake treatment.

They should remake 6 in 2DHD (like octopath and star ocean 2)

9 remake will hopefully be more traditional, just a 3d version of how it was so won't take as long and be done in one game.

Kumomeme

umm based on educated guess, it is obvious.

soonest they can develop the game is 3 years. obviously they gonna start full production after Rebirth release in next few days. before Hamauguchi said preparation is on the way just in similliar progress like Rebirth started so thats mean preproduction process wont take long.

so another 3 years is 2027-2028 soonest.

same goes for next AAA from CBU3. assuming 3-4 years in development, then either 2026-2027. if it took 5 years then 2028. if another 7 then 2030. but i doubt it gonna take that long again.

Last edited:
Why didn’t they just make one game. Why do you need 3 games for one remake…

Sony's money was for one game. One game they made. By ending it at Midgar, it avoided the question of what to do about the overworld. With some padding they turned Part 1 into a 30 hour game plus another 4-5 hours for the DLC.

Part 1 sold well enough to get Part 2 greenlit obvs. 2028 doesn't surprise me given that I wonder if they are waiting to see how well Part 2 sells before fully committing to it.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Just in time to remake Final Fantasy VII Remake which will get split into three parts with the first part is just Cloud and company on the train.

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

Yea game dev is too long for whatever reasons. B3 nice to play FF7 re on same gen ( all three parts)

I'm sure they are adding more stuff but in the PS1 days I thkugh the third CD was basically the fight between cloud and sephiroth.

I remember being like

The most epic battle in a videogame ever.

lol, this is crazy…I honestly had no idea this was planned for 3 games. I thought Rebirth was just “the second half”. Jeez.

Top Bottom