• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VI is officially 30 years old today!

An amazing game. I still remember staying home from school “sick” a couple times just playing this all day

For me it’s always between this and IV.

Davevil

2165.gif

mandatory

I know, it's a contradiction 😂, but with elaboration it will make sense, and it's completely based on my personal taste or pet peeves.

It's a fantastic game, but, besides Kafka, Cyan, Terra, Sabin, Blue Mage guy, Scar Guy, and Painter Girl, I actively dislike or don't care about every other character in the game.

I don't love any character in this game, besides Kafka, late-game Terra (after she becomes her own) and Painter Girl.

Can't stand Celes, can't stand Locke, and the rest I don't care about, at all.

World of Ruin is indeed crazy ambitious and the execution is great.
But I hate non-linear games, or in FF 6's case, non-linear sections in games.

The parts of the game where you play with multiple or different parties is great, specially for its time, but I fucking hate them.

I want to play with one party, and get attached to that one party.

So anyway, regardless of my personal taste or pet peeves, Final Fantasy 6 is fantastic, and one of the best in the series.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
A full blown remake isn’t necessary.

A simple 2.5D remaster/remake would suffice.

I would get the octopath team to make it.

Throw in voice acting.

Nobou remix themes.

Done.

I just played this last year with the pixel remaster. I have to say it was a joy to play and I've enjoyed it overall compared to 16 and both FF7 remakes. It might be my favorite FF that I've played

Top Bottom