• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is not coming on PCs until 5.29.2024

Draugoth

Gold Member
GxJBoPE.jpeg

With 23 days to go until Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Square Enix will officially release a demo for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth today. On The End of the trailer Whomever, there's information that might interest PC Players: The game wo't be avaialble on other platforms until 5.29.2024

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is the second of a planned trilogy of games remaking Square Enix's 1997 JRPG Final Fantasy VII. The first part, Final Fantasy VII Remake, was initially released in 2020 for the PS4 and later ported to PS5 and PC.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Yep I'm glad to see the shorter wait this time around. Curious if that comes out first or the PC port of FF16.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

The 7 remake was 6 months exclusive. Came out much later on PC.

Final fantasy 16 trailer was 6 months exclusive. Not available on another platform till after Dec 31 2023. .. till this day there is no PC port and we are in Feb . Not even news about the PC port.

My point this is just a placeholder date. It takes much longer to come to PC .

Sony also have the option to extend the exclusivity of they want. I believe that's what they did with the previous final fantasy games.

My point this is just a placeholder date. It takes much longer to come to PC .

It's probably not a placeholder date. It's just the agreement that they have with Sony. They have to, like you know, actually do the work of porting it.

Part 1 looked like it sold very poorly on PC. I'm sure they are working on a port but it's not the kind of priority that they would be very focused on completing the port by the end of the exclusivity.

Switch 2 release date confirmed!

Don't laugh but a June release of the Switch 2 wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:

Reallink

It's probably not a placeholder date. It's just the agreement that they have with Sony. They have to, like you know, actually do the work of porting it.

Part 1 looked like it sold very poorly on PC. I'm sure they are working on a port but it's not the kind of priority that it will be completed in time.

They sell poorly cause nobody gives a fuck about catalog title "ports" year(s) later, 80% of a game's sells are front loaded into the hype cycle zeitgeist. These games would move a minimum 2-3 million extra copies with day and date PC and Xbox releases. There's absolutely no way Sony's check is fat enough to offset even a fraction of that. Based on the comically pitiful $10 million Nintendo paid for MH Rise, Sony's maybe paying $20 or $30 million for their year exclusivity. PC presells alone would dwarf that number many times over. Square are retarded for signing those deals in the first place. It's not 1997, the fanbase for JRPG's aren't exclusively on Playstation anymore.

Last edited:
They sell poorly cause nobody gives a fuck about catalog title "ports" year(s) later, 80% of a game sells are front loaded into the hype cycle zeitgeist. These games would move a minimum to 2-3 million extra copies with day and date PC and Xbox releases. There's absolutely no way Sony's check is fat enough to offset even a fraction of that.

I don't think a number has ever surfaced but the money Sony gave was substantial. I think doing the remake was Sony's idea in the first place.

If I were Square, I would try to find out if they could make it work on Switch 2 and focus on that.

Last edited:

Reallink

I don't think a number has ever surfaced but the money Sony gave was substantial. I think doing the remake was Sony's idea in the first place.

I'm going to go with evidence on comparable deal for a franchise that actually outsells modern Final Fantasy, rather than your "think" and gut feeling it's substantial.

I'm going to go with evidence on comparable deal for a franchise that actually outsells modern Final Fantasy, rather than your "think" and gut feeling it's substantial.

It was definitely not a small number, lol. But like I said I don't think any kind of actual number has surfaced. Don't think the game gets made without Sony's money.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
This date was already there in the previous trailer. I'm quite surprised the exclusivity time period is so short this time.

It's possible the long delay for part one was because the dev team didn't quite work out all the kinks yet, and this time they're much more comfortable porting it over due to more experience.

Larxia

Part 1 looked like it sold very poorly on PC.
There was a PS4 exclusive, then an extended ps4 exclusive for intergrade, and THEN when it finally came to PC, it was an Epic Exclusive.
When it finally came to steam after 3 previous exclusivity time periods, it was still above full price (80€, versus 60€ for other games on Steam). They tried everything to make that it would sell poorly.

nikos

I think the key words are "AT LEAST."

Having tried the demo, I've decided to wait for the PC version. It would be great if it's actually that close but hard to believe.

Belthazar

Don't count on SE having a PC port ready in 3 months. Just look at FF XVI, which had exclusivity up until the end of December... Yet they didn't even announce a date yet. Rebirth will probably only be announced after XVI is out, which will most likely be after the DLC is released.

I wouldn't count on it being anywhere other than PlayStation this year... Sony got one hell of a deal only paying for 3 months for this one.

This date was already there in the previous trailer. I'm quite surprised the exclusivity time period is so short this time.

Sony is spending less and less on exclusives as the PS5 is largely selling itself and Xbox is in serious decline.

It helps their margins to put resources elsewhere.

There was a PS4 exclusive, then an extended ps4 exclusive for intergrade, and THEN when it finally came to PC, it was an Epic Exclusive.
When it finally came to steam after 3 previous exclusivity time periods, it was still above full price (80€, versus 60€ for other games on Steam). They tried everything to make that it would sell poorly.

The PC version came with the DLC (originally $20)... which is why the price was how it was.
I think it's just a genre thing. Like God of War... I don't think it sold that great on PC but it def sold a lot better. That was 4 years old when released on PC.

Will wait for the full 3 part collection at a discount on PC.

Unironically it could be another 4 years before Part 3 comes out. Plus the first game is 30+ hours, and who knows about the other two. That's a lof of FF7 back to back to back.

Last edited:

Pejo

Pft, for patient PC gamers, that's almost not worth mentioning. I was expecting a few years to make its Square Enix moneyhat rounds to Playstation then Epic Games again.

Guilty_AI

Unironically it could be another 4 years before Part 3 comes out. Plus the first game is ~30 hours, and who knows about the other two. That's a lof of FF7 back to back to back.
tbh, the chances i'll ever get to play this at all are fairly low. But i can see myself trying this out 14 years from now on when spotting it during a sale, thinking "Oh, right, this was quite popular back then. Maybe i should try it out."

The PC version came with the DLC (originally $20)... which is why the price was how it was.
I think it's just a genre thing. Like God of War... I don't think it sold that great on PC but it def sold a lot better. That was 4 years old when released on PC.
Granblue Fantasy Relink is doing pretty well so i don't think its a genre problem.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Wow, that's nothing for a wait compared to old PC days.

If it gets more and more like that... I'm fine with waiting lol.

Slimboy Fat

Lets hope it won't be full of shader comp stutter like the last port.
I'm expecting forced dynamic resolution, stuttering, EGS exclusive, 150 euro price, 300GB download, 3 different antipiracy softwares hogging CPU cycles, Tifa dressed in an islamic burka outfit, modders are hunted down and killed by mexican cartels paid by Square/Sony, minimum system requirements are 5090 super ti Titan exclusive limited edition 100GB Vram, always online, in-game ads, game ends after 5 min with macro-transactions required to continue playing, steam deck verified despite running at 1 frame per hour, square enix launcher required to launch the game etc. etc.

Last edited:

sigmaZ

Part 1 looked like it sold very poorly on PC. I'm sure they are working on a port but it's not the kind of priority that they would be very focused on completing the port by the end of the exclusivity.

Ironically not doing simultaneous release likely drastically kills sales. Good that most other big non-Playstation exclusives have simultaneous releases these days.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

I couldn't escape my boredom and can't get past chapter 9.

It started boring me too. I gonna just try to rush through it doing no side activity continuing my original saved game. This sequel does look a lot better.

Last edited:
GxJBoPE.jpeg

With 23 days to go until Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Square Enix will officially release a demo for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth today. On The End of the trailer Whomever, there's information that might interest PC Players: The game wo't be avaialble on other platforms until 5.29.2024

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is the second of a planned trilogy of games remaking Square Enix's 1997 JRPG Final Fantasy VII. The first part, Final Fantasy VII Remake, was initially released in 2020 for the PS4 and later ported to PS5 and PC.
It’s simple. Square wants to sell more copies. And PS5 is only one SKU. They’ll make the gap as short as they can.

Last edited:

nikos

I'm expecting forced dynamic resolution, stuttering, EGS exclusive, 150 euro price, 300GB download, 3 different antipiracy softwares hogging CPU cycles, Tifa dressed in an islamic burka outfit, modders are hunted down and killed by mexican cartels paid by Square/Sony, minimum system requirements are 5090 super ti Titan exclusive limited edition 100GB Vram, always online, in-game ads, game ends after 5 min with macro-transactions required to continue playing, steam deck verified despite running at 1 frame per hour, square enix launcher required to launch the game etc. etc.

That would still be better than the demo I played on PS5.

Top Bottom