• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is not coming on PCs until 5.29.2024

sigmaZ

It started boring me too. I gonna just try to rush through it doing no side activity continuing my original saved game. This sequel does look a lot better.
It feels a lot better but still has some little quirks such as horrible button configuration like the first and annoying little QTE parts.
I feel like the biggest improvements are the general movement in open areas and the soundtrack.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

But when is it coming to GamePass?

/s
eDoYWN2.gif

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The 7 remake was 6 months exclusive. Came out much later on PC.

Final fantasy 16 trailer was 6 months exclusive. Not available on another platform till after Dec 31 2023. .. till this day there is no PC port and we are in Feb . Not even news about the PC port.

My point this is just a placeholder date. It takes much longer to come to PC .

Sony also have the option to extend the exclusivity of they want. I believe that's what they did with the previous final fantasy games.

Exactly! It'll probably come out after 1 year on the market for the PS5 if I had to guess.

Neofire

The 7 remake was 6 months exclusive. Came out much later on PC.

Final fantasy 16 trailer was 6 months exclusive. Not available on another platform till after Dec 31 2023. .. till this day there is no PC port and we are in Feb . Not even news about the PC port.

My point this is just a placeholder date. It takes much longer to come to PC .

Sony also have the option to extend the exclusivity of they want. I believe that's what they did with the previous final fantasy games.
I'm glad someone else actually understood the context of the "at least" at the end of that trailer. Some tried to take it and run with it by saying "of the pc version will be out in may!" Lol

Boneless

That's just required legal text to allow them to say "exclusive". There is no way it will come out on PC close to that date.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Hopefully, there is some clarification here. I think they should come out and say when tbh.

Last edited:

Kacho

I’d be shocked if Square went EGS exclusive for this after how poorly FF7R performed on Steam. Unless the agreement was for the whole trilogy. I guess we’ll know when FFXVI hits PC and we see where it lands.

Whitecrow

Banned
Lol sorry I am not joining your no fun club.
1. Calling me grandpa for no reason.
2. Mocking multiple times those who dont mind to play on EGS.

If you were really joking instead of being passive-aggresive all the time, you would have told me to chill with respectful manners, thing which you did not.
You mocked me like if you were superior to me (in the same way you criticise egs), so yeah, just stay right where you are, I dont want anyone with your idea of fun not even close to me.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’d be shocked if Square went EGS exclusive for this after how poorly FF7R performed on Steam. Unless the agreement was for the whole trilogy. I guess we’ll know when FFXVI hits PC and we see where it lands.
Same, surely they wouldn’t go that route again…

Nickolaidas

GxJBoPE.jpeg

With 23 days to go until Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Square Enix will officially release a demo for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth today. On The End of the trailer Whomever, there's information that might interest PC Players: The game wo't be avaialble on other platforms until 5.29.2024

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is the second of a planned trilogy of games remaking Square Enix's 1997 JRPG Final Fantasy VII. The first part, Final Fantasy VII Remake, was initially released in 2020 for the PS4 and later ported to PS5 and PC.
And add another 6 months to that for the Steam version, if EGS gets their way again ...

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Please be a Steam drop and please do not go one day beyond the trailer date.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Can’t believe i’m saying this but im waiting for PC.
It’s 2 plus months. Perfect summer game.

Plenty else to play in Q1 already out and more to come.

I’m tempted but I’m keeping away from any videos or streams playing it so I don’t get hyped into playing.

MikeM

It’s 2 plus months. Perfect summer game.

Plenty else to play in Q1 already out and more to come.

I’m tempted but I’m keeping away from any videos or streams playing it so I don’t get hyped into playing.
Not sure it will be that soon. FF16 still is not on PC yet. So unless they prioritized FF7, it’ll probably be longer.

TexMex

I’d love to be wrong, but there’s just no way it’s even close to this date. People would be irate that it was so close, they didn’t say, and they bought the PS5 version. They’d have announced a date by now. We have a wait.

TheUsual

Gold Member
The thing is to release it on Steam and not make it only on Epic just like last time.
Square can make great games, they clearly have talented devs over there, but the managers are fucking stupid.
I'm very curious what the LTD sales data is for FF7R on Epic. Doubt we'll ever know, but I wouldn't doubt Epic courting again.

Even if there's a time based exclusivity, I wonder if SE has sales expectations stated in a possible arrangement and financial penalties to Epic if not met. There has to be a breaking point where even "free" money from Epic hurts the product if no one is buying it.

Top Bottom