• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH |OT| 145.25GB OF Cloud Data

Are you playing in Graphics or Performance mode?

• Graphics

• Performance

Results are only viewable after voting.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
How are you expecting me play this game at work? I can post in GAF on mobile phone but I have to get to home before I can play this game and maybe I get 3-5 hours play time.
3-5 hours only? Oof. That sucks. And you have a lot of RPGs to play. Going to take you quite a while.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
RE: Robed guys

Alright, this is getting kind of ridiculous, lol. They're at the beach, they're flinging themselves off of bridges, they're in the gold saucer.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
RE: Robed guys

Alright, this is getting kind of ridiculous, lol. They're at the beach, they're flinging themselves off of bridges, they're in the gold saucer.
I read flinging as fingering at first and was crushed with disappointment after my double take.

SkylineRKR

My only consolation is that the original's ending was never that good for me to begin with. So, small loss. What I mostly care about is seeing a lot of great moments in this journey with those amazing characters.

Yeah true. The OG ending wasn't even that special. I didn't like the crater as a dungeon much, and the ending was rather eh. It was def. no patch on VIII and IX endings.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Yeah true. The OG ending wasn't even that special. I didn't like the crater as a dungeon much, and the ending was rather eh. It was def. no patch on VIII and IX endings.
It was both pretty weak sauce compared to Kefka’s tower and that epic medley at the end of VI, but the open ended nature of it was kinda cool. All the interpretation went out the window when they decided to make it a franchise though

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Im way too dumb for Queens Blood. Is there a cheat guide somewhere? Isnt playing and winning a match a necessity later on?

Finished the game. If you're curious, here's my completely non-spoilery reaction to the ending:

It's loud, obnoxious, incomprehensible, and overly long. The phrase "Going full retard" doesn't even begin to scratch the surface. If you thought Remake's ending was insane, I promise you haven't seen shit yet. And btw, I'm someone who liked Remake's ending. It definitely took the wind out of what was a 10/10 experience for me throughout the whole game. That said I still loved the game and very much looking forward to Part 3.
Meant to ask, is there a very obvious point of no return where it is made clear now is the time to do all side stuff? I'm assuming there is but just want to check since I'm getting farther along now.

KàIRóS

Im way too dumb for Queens Blood. Is there a cheat guide somewhere? Isnt playing and winning a match a necessity later on?

Queen's Blood becomes considerably easier after the Gold Saucer, you get absurdly powerful cards from the minigames there and you'll get a new type of card called "Replace Card" that is a complete game changer because it completely changes the initial rules and let's you put a card on top of another card, if you're really not clicking with QB, you might want to wait until that point, and no I don't think you're forced to win any QB match in the game, but you'll certainly miss optional rewards.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Queen's Blood becomes considerably easier after the Gold Saucer, you get absurdly powerful cards from the minigames there and you'll get a new type of card called "Replace Card" that is a complete game changer because it completely changes the initial rules and let's you put a card on top of another card, if you're really not clicking with QB, you might want to wait until that point, and no I don't think you're forced to win any QB match in the game, but you'll certainly miss optional rewards.

Thanks a bunch for the response. That definitely is a relief.

I need to see if I can find a vid on YT that explains it out as if Im a five year old. I know it isnt that complicated but my brain just isnt picking it up :messenger_expressionless:

Thanks a bunch for the response. That definitely is a relief.

I need to see if I can find a vid on YT that explains it out as if Im a five year old. I know it isnt that complicated but my brain just isnt picking it up :messenger_expressionless:
A reliable tactic for me is to invade the other side of the board as fast as possible. Don't worry too much about scoring points just try to limit the other players movement. You can build points at the end when other player has no moves.

A neat trick to this is avoid putting cards on the back row until the end and then you can put on your higher scoring cards.

saintjules

Finished the game. If you're curious, here's my completely non-spoilery reaction to the ending:

It's loud, obnoxious, incomprehensible, and overly long. The phrase "Going full retard" doesn't even begin to scratch the surface. If you thought Remake's ending was insane, I promise you haven't seen shit yet. And btw, I'm someone who liked Remake's ending. It definitely took the wind out of what was a 10/10 experience for me throughout the whole game. That said I still loved the game and very much looking forward to Part 3.

Is it wild for me to imagine someone already completing this game? I'm only on chapter 4. Taking my time with this 4 year wait of a game.

Gamerguy84

This game is huge, varied, interesting, cool, and fun. I'm only on level 4 and I can see there is no rushing through this game.

It's going to be a while before I finish it so I'm going to take my time and do what's in front of me.

It's better than my expectations. Where Remake was linear this is go anywhere do anything.

I can't give it a rating just yet but the original FF7 blew me away in scope and what could be accomplished on a PS1. So far, to this point, this one is doing the same.

I hope the sales are hi and everyone makes good money so the same effort is put into the finale.

Chapter 12 spoilers

Even though it's mostly just that middle sea and some routes to areas like Nibelheim, I'm really impressed that you can ride the tiny bro co around so much. I thought for sure it would be restricted to fast travel locations menu only, so this is a pleasant surprise and to go through the canals or rivers and see earlier areas like the Corel mines etc.. amazing. It's not just instance areas you know what I mean? I remember thinking at the beginning, saying to my daughter "yeah it's not likely we will have the airship in part 3", but at this point I don't see why it isn't possible... Wow, come a long way.

DeaDPo0L84

Somewhat off topic but I am finally playing FF7 Remake and it is seriously one of the most boring games I have ever played. I am trucking along just to get the story bits and sap whatever fun sections there are in this game but they are far and few between. Most of the game is "squeeze through small space", "crawl through airduct", "shimmy on narrow platform". Of course the fighting can be fun but there are so many sections that stall you entirely it's borderline egregious. I hope Rebirth fixes some of this cause my wife seems to be enjoying it.

Last edited:

Belthazar

I'm over 30 hours in and I only have one question: where's that damn magnify materia? I still couldn't get even a single one... Buffing the characters is a bitch without one of those.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Somewhat off topic but I am finally playing FF7 Remake and it is seriously one of the most boring games I have ever played. I am trucking along just to get the story bits and sap whatever fun sections there are in this game but they are far and few between. Most of the game is "squeeze through small space", "crawl through airduct", "shimmy on narrow platform". Of course the fighting can be fun but there are so many sections that just stall you entirely that it's borderline egregious. I hope Rebirth fixes some of this cause my wife seems to be enjoying it.
Yup I had the same complaints about Remake, and they were all addressed with Rebirth

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Kingdom Hearts IV looking good

FDVHSEv.jpeg

Last edited:
Has everyone been sidequesting before or after the main story beats in each chapter? I was thinking about heading straight into Junon but I played the original and don't want to get locked out right away, but I am also tempted to get on with the story a bit more and go back for sidequests later.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Has everyone been sidequesting before or after the main story beats in each chapter? I was thinking about heading straight into Junon but I played the original and don't want to get locked out right away, but I am also tempted to get on with the story a bit more and go back for sidequests later.
I have habit doing EVERY side quests before moving on to the main story and so far the side quests have been pretty good.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m right at the end of Chapter 8. There are moments that outshine the original, but then there are moments that last longer than the original. lol it’s been great so far. The air combat is my go to.

saintjules

The Junon segment was amazing from head to toe for me. I'm in what feels like the back end of it now, but I love how they elevated the dish here when comparing to the original.

Graphically it was impressive in performance mode and looked like Intermission in a lot of ways.. It's like all that blurriness and stuff wasn't even present here. Very strange development process.

Last edited:
I continue to steamroll the competition in QB, currently making new victims in North Corel. No matter how much my deck has evolved over time there are a couple of staples that have never changed such as Security Officer (best opener without question) or Crystalline Crab.

Psvqoxj.jpg

Also got a hang of the piano, all 3 available songs at A rank, good times. Going to wrap up all optional stuff here before *finally* departing for what I've been anticipating most: The Golden Saucer.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
You haven't even begun properly. Just play and do the main quests and clear the map items when you get the opportunity.

Psychostar

I'm over 30 hours in and I only have one question: where's that damn magnify materia? I still couldn't get even a single one... Buffing the characters is a bitch without one of those.
I'm at Chapter 5, playing to completion (explore everywhere, talk to everyone, beat every minigame 100% etc) and haven't seen it yet, however one of the weapons Red gets let's you haste the whole party when he is in vengeance mode which is cool. There are some 2 person battles you can take on somewhere that would have really helped me if I had a magnify materia hahaha but I brute forced them and learned a few new ways of managing tough crowds (or surviving on a thread anyway). Loving the difficulty balancing they put into dynamic mode. It feels good to lose battles in this game as they handle restarting the match well :)

Top Bottom