• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Killed all the Dark Aeons, as well as Nemesis. Felt awesome to do that without the use of Yojimbo. I tried killing Penance and probably got him to 3/4ths dead, but ended up being a little too cocky and fucked up the turn order and got myself killed.

I guess I'll take a break and level up my other guys some more.

Penance is hella boring and it is 100% okay to just Zanmato him (especially because, as you indicated, turn order is more important than leveling).

Xeno_V

I bought the game yesterday for PS Vita now that it is on sale in Europe. I have already played it before btw and when I booted it I saw 3 choices. The first was FFX, the 2nd was Eternal Calm and the 3rd something about credits.
Unless I am missing something there is no warning about what Eternal Calm is so if someone watches it without having played the game this is like a massive spoiler straight in your face thing right?
I also selected the credits option out of curiosity... So both for this and the Eternal Calm you can't even quit if you want to do so and your only choice is to wait for those things to finish or just quit the game altogether and return to the dashboard?
Wtf S-E..

Anyone have advice on path to take once you're done collecting the Monster Arena which I'm almost done with?

Guess I want a little help on having direction.

Anyone have advice on path to take once you're done collecting the Monster Arena which I'm almost done with?

Guess I want a little help on having direction.

Grab all Aeons if you still haven't. Form a main party get their ultimate weapons (do. Grind some random nodes until you can beat up the Species Conquest monsters which give you attribute nodes. I would prioritize farming STR/DEF/MDEF. Trying setting up the Don Tonberry trick.

This is honestly a very boring point of the end game. There are so many things you can do, but they all rely on doing something else to make it go faster.

Grab all Aeons if you still haven't. Form a main party get their ultimate weapons (do. Grind some random nodes until you can beat up the Species Conquest monsters which give you attribute nodes. I would prioritize farming STR/DEF/MDEF. Trying setting up the Don Tonberry trick.

This is honestly a very boring point of the end game. There are so many things you can do, but they all rely on doing something else to make it go faster.

I remember the level trick. Wings to Discovery (triple ap & break hp limit) seem incredibly difficult to get :\

Break HP Limit is entirely skippable. I made BHPL armors just because I wanted to statmax.

One-Eye drops Triple AP weapons. Just customize Overdrive->AP on it, which requires 10 Doors to Tomorrow. You should have 99 of them as a reward from Monster Arena. IIRC you'll probably get 10 levels per Don Tonberry with just that. Try giving someone Auto-Phoenix (needs Mega Phoenixes), and try getting Tidus Auto-Haste assuming he's the one who suicides.

Once you can handle Ultima Buster, just farm him for the Don Tonberry armors. He can drop armor with OD->AP, Triple AP and Triple OD I believe. OD->AP is the easiest to customize out of those three so just add it if it's missing.

Roubjon

Guys I filled out everyone's sphere grids! All I gotta do now is kill Penance the Chocobo Treasure Chest race, and the LANCET CHALLENGE!!!

No idea why I care enough to do all of this stuff. I guess it's because I like the game so much I don't find it to be a pain to do.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Platinum get. Went the whole nine yards with fortune spheres for everyone. Worth it? Probably not. But I can finally say I did it. On to replaying X-2!

DPtheGod

Hey guys, I am on FFX still and I am trying to max out the sphere grid with all characters, but I am in dire need of the stat spheres (HP, MP, Accuracy, Evasion, etc). Does anyone know of a quick way I can get some? Thanks guys!

Roubjon

Hey guys, I am on FFX still and I am trying to max out the sphere grid with all characters, but I am in dire need of the stat spheres (HP, MP, Accuracy, Evasion, etc). Does anyone know of a quick way I can get some? Thanks guys!

Here's what Kinsei said before:

Species Conquest arena monsters (+ Greater Sphere for some reason) drop the stat boosting spheres.

Fenrir: Agility
Pteryx: Evasion
Hornet: Accuracy
Vidatu: MP
One Eye: Magic Defense
Jumbo Flan: Magic
Tanket: Defense
Juggernaut: Strength
Ironclad: HP
Greater Sphere: Luck

Species Conquest, Greater Sphere and Earth Eater in Monster Arena.

Overkill makes them drop 2.

It's very grindy, especially HP, MAG, MDEF and LCK.

Eh, Magic Defense Spheres are pretty easy to get, no? HP, Magic, and Luck, though, certainly yeah.
Guys I filled out everyone's sphere grids! All I gotta do now is kill Penance the Chocobo Treasure Chest race, and the LANCET CHALLENGE!!!

No idea why I care enough to do all of this stuff. I guess it's because I like the game so much I don't find it to be a pain to do.
The Remiem Temple race is some bullshit. I remember someone posting a supposed method for getting the other chocobo to slow down, but it doesn't really work.

Roubjon

So how does these games run on the Vita? Seeing as they're now on sale I'm thinking of getting them.

Games run fantastic on the Vita. They also look great.

In other news. YES GOT THE PLATINUM.

Fucking love this game. Worth every hour of killing the Man Eater.

So how does these games run on the Vita? Seeing as they're now on sale I'm thinking of getting them.

Only hiccup I remember is Yuna's first summoning cutscene in Besaid.

Resolution is slightly subnative but it's not obvious. I've seen waaaay too many people say it's native, but it's not.

I just went back to the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth to finish it off for the monster arena and dark yojimbo popped up. I used my Yojimbo and paid him 200k and he Zanmato'd dark Yoji. Did I just save myself a whole lot of headache?

edit: Wiki just told me that you have to beat him 5 times, lol nope.

Saphirax

I just went back to the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth to finish it off for the monster arena and dark yojimbo popped up. I used my Yojimbo and paid him 200k and he Zanmato'd dark Yoji. Did I just save myself a whole lot of headache?

edit: Wiki just told me that you have to beat him 5 times, lol nope.

You have to beat him 5 times in a row. If you leave the cavern or save your game that 200k gil was basically for nothing.

Vashetti

Banned
Guys I'm a little worried.

I just finished the Thunder Plains and as far as I can tell, Wakka is almost at the end of his Sphere Grid (Expert Grid).

What do?

Roubjon

I did it over the course of a month and a half on the subway to and from work. Gotta love the vita!

Yeah, there's no way I would have done all of this stuff if I didn't have it on the Vita. It inspires me to grind. It's the best!

Also, is there some kind of great walkthrough guide that tells me what I should be doing and when in FFX-2 in order not to miss stuff? I'm downloading FFX-2 right now and gotta prepare. This stuff is serious bizz.

You have to beat him 5 times in a row. If you leave the cavern or save your game that 200k gil was basically for nothing.

Yea I reset :lol

I was having a pain in the ass with Tonberry in the cave. I found a hint online that he only appears in the 'green' areas. I am a firm believer in this. I rotated between 2 of them and found Tonberry within 5 monsters each time. So glad that's over, on to Omega!

I've been doing Catcher Chocobo for a little while now. God damn I wish there was a reset button. When it sets up the balloons in her favor, there isn't even a point of doing it.

Roubjon

Agh, I've followed the guide for FFX-2 and my save file says only 12% after mushroom rock road when it should say 13% :/

Guess I'm starting a new game. Must of missed something. I'll make sure to make a new save file every time Is save now too.

Finished FFX recently. Still awesome. The remodeled faces don't really bother me that much, but they should've left Yuna's face alone. She just looks so generic. The Tidus remodel grew on me after a while, and I think I prefer the HD version now. Everything looks so much better . Didn't realize it till I watched some old vids but the menu screens got a nice upgrade too. XD

The only thing that was kind of disappointing was the international content. All the best painless strategies involve Wakka's overdrive, and I hate Blitz Ball. Why is the best overdrive locked behind Blitz Ball! Had no idea he was so useful. The least annoying ways to max your stats seem to involve his overdrive too. ;_;
Oh well maybe I'll try Blitz Ball on my second file...

And after 13 years of saying "Fuck that" I finally got the Sun Sigil. Probably the least fun I've had playing a Final Fantasy game. First couple of tries I was absolutely certain I got 0.0 , only to see 0.4 on my screen... Then as if to mock me after getting hit by a gaggle of birds, the chocobo trainer 15 balloons, 1 bird hit in 34 seconds giving him 0.0. I've never wanted to chuck my controller through my TV so badly before. An hour later I got my Sun Sigil. What the hell were they thinking when they made this mini game?

Playing FFX-2 right now. Battle systems is a fun as ever, but did it always look better than FFX? I remember going back to it on PS2 and it was a hazy mess compared to FFX PS2. The animations looked surprisingly good in battle. Don't remember it looking like that.

Razakin

God I hate Bikanel Desert. So tedious and without Yuna, healing is really tiresome.

Thank god that's over.
Al Bhed Potions with Use command are so nice. Though, depending how much you've grinded before Bikanel, that 1000 hp (+Antidote) isn't probably enough. And you can have two persons with Use command on that place, Rikku and Kimahri.

The only thing that was kind of disappointing was the international content. All the best painless strategies involve Wakka's overdrive, and I hate Blitz Ball. Why is the best overdrive locked behind Blitz Ball! Had no idea he was so useful. The least annoying ways to max your stats seem to involve his overdrive too. ;_;
Oh well maybe I'll try Blitz Ball on my second file...

And after 13 years of saying "Fuck that" I finally got the Sun Sigil. Probably the least fun I've had playing a Final Fantasy game. First couple of tries I was absolutely certain I got 0.0 , only to see 0.4 on my screen... Then as if to mock me after getting hit by a gaggle of birds, the chocobo trainer 15 balloons, 1 bird hit in 34 seconds giving him 0.0. I've never wanted to chuck my controller through my TV so badly before. An hour later I got my Sun Sigil. What the hell were they thinking when they made this mini game?

I enjoyed Blitz when I first played the game on PS2, but now, I decided to mostly give up
on building the most OP team again, as I remember what a pain tech copying techs and keeping your team properly leveled was. Thankfully you should need to play at minimum 17 matches to get all the stuff you need from Blitzball.

Sun Sigil was still easy to get, but damn that Remiem chocobo race and trying to get 5 chests, that's frustrating. Thanks to the awful camera and controls. And the opponent sometimes just being sillyfast. About that chocobo trainer race, never try to get into her lane on the first straight, just go your lane and try to get at least 3-4 balloons. Turn sharp and plan your way on the course. Still, sucks if you don't remember the bird spawns and run straight in front of one.

And I'm cursing myself for playing on the standard sphere grid, it has more places to fill, why I did do that. And I need to fill the grid with all characters, not fun, especially grinding those fortune spheres, because why fill the grid and not get max stats.

Atlantis

Al Bhed Potions with Use command are so nice. Though, depending how much you've grinded before Bikanel, that 1000 hp (+Antidote) isn't probably enough. And you can have two persons with Use command on that place, Rikku and Kimahri.

And I'm cursing myself for playing on the standard sphere grid, it has more places to fill, why I did do that. And I need to fill the grid with all characters, not fun, especially grinding those fortune spheres, because why fill the grid and not get max stats.

If +1000 HP isn't enough healing you're horribly overleveled and should probably be walking away from everything unscathed anyway.

Actually, you shouldn't be taking much if any damage from random encounters regardless of your levels.

Razakin

Actually, you shouldn't be taking much if any damage from random encounters regardless of your levels.
Some random encounters can be deadly, if you happen to get confused or so, or those funguar enemies decide to make your entire party sleep and then take their time roasting you. But on late game, there's nothing first strike doesn't cure.

Anyways, how's the Creature Creator on X-2? Do you keep what you've done with it on NG+ or do you need to start from the scratch. At least it seems to make me only need to make two playthroughs to get everything I need, as the tournaments seem to drop some rare accessories.

Sun Sigil was still easy to get, but damn that Remiem chocobo race and trying to get 5 chests, that's frustrating. Thanks to the awful camera and controls. And the opponent sometimes just being sillyfast. About that chocobo trainer race, never try to get into her lane on the first straight, just go your lane and try to get at least 3-4 balloons. Turn sharp and plan your way on the course. Still, sucks if you don't remember the bird spawns and run straight in front of one.

Yeah I did all of that. It still took me a little over 2 hours to get the sigil. I've heard that you can improve steering by holding all the shoulder buttons? Or is that simply not true?

Started my first game on the expert grid, then switched to standard. Was having trouble keeping track of everyone's grid. Will start on expert grid next playthrough though. It was fun having Yuna use black magic early on.

Joni

You can hit the poles if you're going for the trophy.

Vashetti

Banned
Welp. I just hit the end of most of my character's grids in the Calm Lands (Expert Grid) and I have no Level 3 Key Spheres to free them.

What do, GAF?!

Levyne

Banned
Welp. I just hit the end of most of my character's grids in the Calm Lands (Expert Grid) and I have no Level 3 Key Spheres to free them.

What do, GAF?!

There's a boss fight at the beginning of Gagazet (next area) where you can steal a whole bunch.

Tagged just in case.

Have Kimahrii steal them from Biran and Yenke.

Vashetti

Banned
There's a boss fight at the beginning of Gagazet (next area) where you can steal a whole bunch.

Tagged just in case.

Have Kimahrii steal them from Biran and Yenke.

Thanks for the answer, I'll see how that goes. No need to tag spoilers, I'm very familiar with X and X-2.

Trying to do the Chocobo race at the moment to get Tidus' weapon thing and I swear this is going to be impossible on Vita. The controls are so flimsy.

And fuck them for not putting in a Start > Restart option.

Vashetti

Banned
Whelp. The Remium race isn't happening on Vita with these shitty analog sticks.

Jesus christ. Can't keep the chocobo straight.

Edit: woohoo it's over!

Razakin

Vashetti, your avatar really fits in the mood of your posts :D

Also, screw Master Tonberries and their spawn rate, basically everything else in Omega Ruins have been captured but not those bastards. At least I can get progress on that Coward overdrive mode from escaping every battle.

Vashetti

Banned
Vashetti, your avatar really fits in the mood of your posts :D

Also, screw Master Tonberries and their spawn rate, basically everything else in Omega Ruins have been captured but not those bastards. At least I can get progress on that Coward overdrive mode from escaping every battle.

Ha, I didn't even notice.

Hey guys, I finished FFX 2 times (once on the PS2 and the other time on the Vita) and I struggled with it, without Trio of 9999 I wouldn't be able to finish 2 times.

Can anyone give me any tips to be less dependable on Trio of 9999? It would mean that Trio of 9999 would be my last option not the main option. What weapon/armour would you recommend (how do I get it)? Which path should I take on the sphere grid? I'm currently on expert sphere grid as I've just restarted the game after finishing the second time this morning (1 AM Dutch time btw.)

Atlantis

Hey guys, I finished FFX 2 times (once on the PS2 and the other time on the Vita) and I struggled with it, without Trio of 9999 I wouldn't be able to finish 2 times.

Can anyone give me any tips to be less dependable on Trio of 9999? It would mean that Trio of 9999 would be my last option not the main option. What weapon/armour would you recommend (how do I get it)? Which path should I take on the sphere grid? I'm currently on expert sphere grid as I've just restarted the game after finishing the second time this morning (1 AM Dutch time btw.)

Bosses in FFX are all about strategy on knowledge really. Most bosses either cause very little damage and try and kill you with gimmicks or there's a certain way to play around them.

Using your characters and to their strengths and correctly using your abilities makes a ton of difference. Most bosses in this game are absolutely crippled by things I think JRPG players are used to avoiding. Status effects and niche skills like Provoke, Nul- spells, or Sentinel are all extremely useful in this game.

As for the Expert Sphere Grid, if you're being efficient, it's really not all that different than the Normal Sphere Grid. You can customize however you want, but there's not a lot of things worth leaving the character's path for. (Lulu and Yuna are probably the biggest benefactors of choosing the Expert Grid)

Bosses in FFX are all about strategy on knowledge really. Most bosses either cause very little damage and try and kill you with gimmicks or there's a certain way to play around them.

Using your characters and to their strengths and correctly using your abilities makes a ton of difference. Most bosses in this game are absolutely crippled by things I think JRPG players are used to avoiding. Status effects and niche skills like Provoke, Nul- spells, or Sentinel are all extremely useful in this game.

As for the Expert Sphere Grid, if you're being efficient, it's really not all that different than the Normal Sphere Grid. You can customize however you want, but there's not a lot of things worth leaving the character's path for. (Lulu and Yuna are probably the biggest benefactors of choosing the Expert Grid)
Thank you for the help, I appreciate it.

Top Bottom