• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaC

ferricide said:
He also revealed that the battle system in the game will be an evolution of the series traditional ATB battle system, which was introduced in 1991's Final Fantasy IV and has made appearances in most games in the series since then - including FFVII

sounds great

Vinci

Danish
TheBranca18 said:
Well it will probably be delayed even more. SE knows that if they release it first on the PS3 and then months later on the 360 it would have little value to their bottom line.

Actually, I think I'd consider this a positive thing whichever version people wanted. After all, S-E was making no attempt to release the game anytime soon at all. Maybe having both versions available will give them a userbase large enough to feel comfortable selling to.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Muppet345 said:
Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

2j462kn.gif

oh muppet you're such a puppet

too much anime dude, too much anime

Muppet345

You people misinterpret me.

It is not americans who will care about this change. I am personally importing the game from Osaka (the game will help the language classes i'm starting next semester), it's the Japanese people who will refuse to buy the game. And when the japanese don't buy it, square can't make games for the americans anymore. By catering to the americans Square is ending themselves.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Muppet345 said:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

1151361894540ty1.jpg

WOW! This game with full game install might just make it the superior version to get!

LBP is the only game I'm looking forward to playing on my PS3 now - good thing it's a BLuRay player...

Shouta

rotaryspirit said:
So, people who can't read Japanese have to wait even longer for the game. Which means people who can play games in Japanese get that much longer to lord it over those who don't?

SIGN ME UP.

More or less. For anyone that can play the game in Japanese, this isn't really that big of a deal. I mean really, the only people that have such a "ZOMG" stake in this are the console fanboys that want their supported system to win.

Scum

neptunes said:
holy shit, I just got home and I started laughing when I saw the thread title :lol

so is this real or not?
Indeed it is. From what I gather, it's available for the PS3 in JPN/US/EU, and US/EU for the X360.

Muppet345 said:

It is not americans who will care about this change. I am personally importing the game from Osaka (the game will help the language classes i'm starting next semester), it's the Japanese people who will refuse to buy the game. And when the japanese don't buy it, square can't make games for the americans anymore. By catering to the americans Square is ending themselves.
:lol MORE MORE MORE

Nolan.

March 07 sakaguchi says:
HS: I feel that the Final Fantasy series should come to Xbox 360 as well. This is wise. It makes so much sense to me...it has so much potential in North America and in Europe. So there's a great chance for the series to succeed on 360 as well.

[in English] And I heard they made the White Engine open platform as well. [Final Fantasy XIII is being developed on the White Engine; if the engine is indeed cross-platform, an Xbox 360 port would be a simple matter.

People laughed at him and called his knowledge into doubt. This I think is great news for mistwalker. They just got what they wanted. Having FF available on their choice of platform opens up their audience for future games. Sakaguchi still has influence people!.

FrankT

Muppet345 said:

Probably the most entertaining post of the day good sir. Unreal.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
ymmv said:
Ehh... did I miss a surprise announcement about FFXIII now being a 360 exclusive? FFXIII will come out for the PS3, nothing's changed in that respect.
I already have a 360 (I Hoped most people would have gathered that by now), I would have had to have bought a PS3 for FFXIII, not any more, understand, I didn't mention or imply exclusivity, just how this announcement affects me, ok?

nli10

Rpgmonkey said:
It's funny how these things cause tons of crap for hours.

Then a few days (maybe just a day) later no one cares anymore.

Life is funny.

It's like every person to whom Final Fantasy is still actually relevant posted out of shock.

Hopefully Nintendo and Sony will have news for those of us who require more from our games...

(that said I'm enjoying FFTactics 2, despite all the kiddy fantasy elements and endless tweaking)

Anyone expecting a 2008 release for this?

Someday when I'm 30 years old this game will come out and maybe since I can't get laid anymore I might want to play it so I Will Buy An Xbox 360

nib95

Banned
OpinionatedCyborg said:
:lol :lol

And :lol @ everyone who thinks you're serious.

Obviously his post is laughable. However, funnily enough, SE stock did drop right after the announcement lawl. :lol

el Diablo

Banned
Muppet345 said:

Lol this is the best response i've read in this thread it's got a tiny tiny tiny bit of truth but overwhelmingly the response is fanboy'ish and downright retarded. There's a better chance of me becoming the size of Godzilla and attacking Tokyo than of this happening.

Muppet345 said:

:lol
Keep 'em coming!

Quazar

Nolan. said:
March 07 sakaguchi says:

People laughed at him and called his knowledge into doubt. This I think is great news for mistwalker. They just got what they wanted. Having FF available on their choice of platform opens up their audience for future games. Sakaguchi still has influence people!.

Yep. He was 'irrelevant' so said certain people. :lol

Capo

Muppet345 said:

chappelle-show-charlie-murphy.gif

umad.gif

pxleyes

Banned
Muppet345 said:

Good lord! Wait, don't go anywhere. Stand right there, I need a picture of this!

Rpgmonkey

Um...so if FFXIII ends up getting announced for a release this year in Japan, will evilone have been right the whole time?

Shouta said:
More or less. For anyone that can play the game in Japanese, this isn't really that big of a deal. I mean really, the only people that have such a "ZOMG" stake in this are the console fanboys that want their supported system to win.

I agree with this. But I'm in the former group, so my opinion is different from some. >_>

Owed T'Alex said:
Someday when I'm 30 years old this game will come out and maybe since I can't get laid anymore I might want to play it so I Will Buy An Xbox 360
Well, I reckon by your post that you've got 20 years to wait. THey should be very cheap by then... :D

pxleyes

Banned
Muppet345 said:

really, they will refuse to buy it? Did they refuse to buy it when Square left Nintendo?

Vinci

Danish
Muppet345 said:

The Japanese won't give a shit. They'll see 'Final Fantasy' and buy it. They didn't care when Squaresoft ditched Nintendo, a company that helped them make the earlier FFs; they're not going to care if Sony is suddenly cheated on for the sake of maintaining a profitable bottom-line. I would argue that more people in Japan, in terms of games, care about S-E than Sony.

rykomatsu said:
Well...we had to wait for oblivion and gta4 to be released in japan :p

Oblivion is for the the PC, which almost everything you can download now, and I live in America right now and still didn't buy GTA4. No intention to either.

Things always work out for me :)

duckroll

Rpgmonkey said:
Um...so if FFXIII ends up getting announced for a release this year in Japan, will evilone have been right the whole time?

Yes. This announcement changes nothing, he could still be right. If he's wrong.... steps will be taken to appease the gods.

0 HP

nli10 said:
It's like every person to whom Final Fantasy is still actually relevant posted out of shock.

Hopefully Nintendo and Sony will have news for those of us who require more from our games...

(that said I'm enjoying FFTactics 2, despite all the kiddy fantasy elements and endless tweaking)

Anyone expecting a 2008 release for this?
should have gotten FFT for psp then stupid

FF13 is relevant to people who look up games on the internet and not really anyone else. its always been like that.

Dragon

Banned
pxleyes said:
really, they will refuse to buy it? Did they refuse to buy it when Square left Nintendo?

Sony reacts to the news:

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Nif

I could find a post by Kagari betting his account about Sony paying FFXIII money, but I'm not a douche. :lol

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Muppet345 said:

2hxaj3n.gif

Awesome, dude, it's like an Astrolad post on steroids.

Nolan.

duckroll said:
Well, he still kinda is.
Until he shows off Cry On at TGS.

I have a bad feeling about that now :( (hope it's not dea) . It's so interesting that square's movement is so inline with what sakaguchi hints at. Have it ready for 360 in Na and european territories and not so much japan.

commariodore64 said:
WOW! This game with full game install might just make it the superior version to get!

LBP is the only game I'm looking forward to playing on my PS3 now - good thing it's a BLuRay player...

good luck installing multiple discs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom