• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Everything we know so far - [Up: Character artwork/descriptions]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Venice-like city really is called Accordo huh? Road also mentioned it earlier.

And this confirms what I was thinking during that trailer. Certain pieces of dialogue have nothing to do with what's going on, on-screen. In the beginning of the new trailer Ignis is saying Nifleheim has attacked Tenebre, Solheim, and Accordo for crystals....If they're in Accordo right then and there, why is he referring to the place as though its somewhere else? I believe that entire exchange actually happens in Lucis, when noctis and crew is trying to get to the king who is in the citadel (that building where the face off with old white Mage dude is happening).

Crafty Nomura. Trying to confuse us.

I sort of suspect that each summon is going to end up being a set piece similar to Leviathan - basically, something like a cross between what we saw in the trailers and the assorted Bayonetta elemental-set-piece boss battles.

I think that's a fun idea, too, and a nice way of rendering them in a pretty incredible way that differentiates them pretty heavily from what's been done in the past (outside of some of the FMVs in Final Fantasy IX). Makes me curious to see which classic FF summons will get included in such a manner. I'm hoping that in addition to water we get fire, earth, air, and lightning. Ice would be cool too, of course. Also, Bahamut is kinda essential.

fvng

Probably looking forward to this next gen game the most but MAN these character names are fucking awful.

Stella Nox Fleuret??
Idola Eldercapt???

Story seems a little lacking so far. Everyone wants their crystal? Sounds like the plot for 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, no joke

I wanted to see more of that Bayonetta looking character from one of the previous trailers.

Probably looking forward to this next gen game the most but MAN these character names are fucking awful.

Stella Nox Fleuret??
Idola Eldercapt???

Story seems a little lacking so far. Everyone wants their crystal? Sounds like the plot for 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, no joke

I wanted to see more of that Bayonetta looking character from one of the previous trailers.

There are definitely more major supporting characters that didn't get highlighted in the recent trailer, I suspect, but I don't know for sure if that dragoon was necessarily one of them.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Stella is probably the only normal name compared to the revealed ones in this game.

Dunan

Exentryk, fantastic summary.

One more thing you can add is the date of the peace accord, which is right on the same sign where Idola Eldercapt's name appears. In whatever calendar this game is using, that date is the 15th day of the 9th month, year 2592.

Also, a typo you'll want to fix:

Lucis, "of the light" or "belonging to the night", is the genitive form of the Latin Lux, "Light".

That "belonging to the night" should of course be "belonging to the light".

If SE can pull off uncharted like moments in the trailer and open world stuff... shit could be insane.

its a big if though.

They never talked about full open world though, just an open "world map" like it was in Final Fantasy VI to IX but full scale and at full detail.
Towns would still be separated.

That was the original idea anyway, and what it looked like from the 2011 trailer.

Voror

I sort of suspect that each summon is going to end up being a set piece similar to Leviathan - basically, something like a cross between what we saw in the trailers and the assorted Bayonetta elemental-set-piece boss battles.

I think that's a fun idea, too, and a nice way of rendering them in a pretty incredible way that differentiates them pretty heavily from what's been done in the past (outside of some of the FMVs in Final Fantasy IX). Makes me curious to see which classic FF summons will get included in such a manner. I'm hoping that in addition to water we get fire, earth, air, and lightning. Ice would be cool too, of course. Also, Bahamut is kinda essential.

That could be a pretty cool thing if they do it correctly, though I do hope there are cases of summons that aren't necessarily part of the main story but are side missions or events you participate in to gain access to them. Having these huge battles with them could also make it feel like that much more of an accomplishment when you succeed against them.

I'm curious how difficult they could be though. Didn't Nomura say something about wanting the game to be a bit difficult or something to that effect?

Bahamut is likely a given I think. Odin and Cacutar are ones I could also see coming. Gilgamesh could be a potentially fun one.

I kind of wish we could play as Noctis' dad instead of Noctis, on account of Noctis' dad is one slick looking guy.

If they do other games, we could perhaps get a prequel where we play as Regis. I think that'd be pretty cool as it could give further context on the world and what led to what we see in XV.

CorvoSol

Well he is a King. Kings must look their best in public functions. This isnt a joke this is actually what they're supposed to do.

I'm just saying that a Final Fantasy where I played as a grown man who was a king dressed in a pin-stripe suit with dat facial hair would've been so cool. We need some dang bearded heroes in this series.

Glenwing

Yeah I think so too. Maybe this is one of those big battles?

ayD5fN8.jpg

1LPunAb.jpg

U0D9BsS.jpg

He is a lot bigger than these guys

Voror

Yeah, I was wondering about that big guy as well. He certainly has the feel of a boss or at least a mini-boss, perhaps in the vein of the Dragoon Lady.

LuuKyK

So Cor has a twin brother? He and the unnamed character 5 are way to similar for that not to be the case imo.

Voror

So Cor has a twin brother? He and the unnamed character 5 are way to similar for that not to be the case imo.

Would that make this the second case of brothers if that one guy is Regis' brother as well? That's kind of a weird coincidence potentially.

Just noticed that the soldiers are shedding blue blood in the trailers, A far cry from the versus XIII trailers where Noctis was breaking necks and stuff. I think the game was definitely downgraded from an M rated game.

Whompa

Just noticed that the soldiers are shedding blue blood in the trailers, A far cry from the versus XIII trailers where Noctis was breaking necks and stuff. I think the game was definitely downgraded from an M rated game.

Was it ever an "m rated game?"

I still see lots of people getting shot, people getting their heads slammed into police cars, and lots of violence. Seems pretty close to the original trailers.

When one of the soldiers hits Noctis, he bleeds red. I think the soldiers might just be corrupted or demons or something.

Also copious amounts of things being set on fire.

It should be noted, Noctis still bleeds red, as does the Behemoth.

So the reason for the soldiers blue blood may actually be lore related and not just censorship.

Maybe.

OnFire331

Nice analysis. Accordo being ravaged by Leviathan reminds me of the destruction of Lindblum by Atomos in Final Fantasy IX. Any FFIX similarity is a plus in my book.

Dereck

Even though we've gotten all of this new information, I feel like there is another 3-4 years of waiting for this game to come out. This game's history has left me to be mind-numbingly pessimistic regarding it's progress.

Muffdraul

I'm a bit flabbergasted to see people's excitement for this game. This game that's been in development for ages and still has no ETA of release.
I really am excited but it's dimmed down by the lack of releasedate.

It's like all of a sudden, another video shows up after a lot of years and people see it as an unannounced game.

I'm really lucky, I have this weird mental affliction where I can only get excited about one FF at a time. So when FFXIII and FFvsXIII were announced at E3 2006, I was only excited about FFXIII. I figured that once that one was in the can, then I'd get excited about FFvsXIII. But when FFXIII finally came out, it pretty much killed any remaining enthusiasm I had for FF in general. (Which was hard to take, being a pretty diehard fan since FFVI in 1994.) So it's kinda nice that I've been able to bypass all of the painful hyped waiting I normally would have had for this game. I'm still not all that excited about it. But a little more so than I thought I'd be when they finally re-unveiled it.

caffeware

Banned
Can we infer by now that Lucis is the "Water Kingdom", based on it's location and the appearance of Leviathan? I'm guessing the beast serves as a guardian to the crystal.

Can we infer by now that Lucis is the "Water Kingdom", based on it's location and the appearance of Leviathan? I'm guessing the beast serves as a guardian to the crystal.

No, Lucis is the modern kingdom.

Apparently Super Venice is Accordo according(HA YA GET IT) to OP, but I thought it was Niflheim.

Exentryk

Exentryk, fantastic summary.

One more thing you can add is the date of the peace accord, which is right on the same sign where Idola Eldercapt's name appears. In whatever calendar this game is using, that date is the 15th day of the 9th month, year 2592.

Also, a typo you'll want to fix:

That "belonging to the night" should of course be "belonging to the light".

Thanks Dunan! Added and fixed, respectively.

sappyday

Aren't the soldiers behind that old grumpy looking man the same ones that attack Lucis in the gameplay trailer? Wouldn't that mean that the old grumpy man is from Niflheim, possibly the military commander.

Exentryk

Aren't the soldiers behind that old grumpy looking man the same ones that attack Lucis in the gameplay trailer? Wouldn't that mean that the old grumpy man is from Niflheim, possibly the military commander.

Check the logo on the grumpy man and the soldiers. It's different from Niflheim's red dragon logo, which we can see on the soldiers attacking in Lucis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom