• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Everything we know so far - [Up: Character artwork/descriptions]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which means that maybe Niflheim did in fact assume control over the other nations, forcing their leaders to help in Idola's gambit to retrieve the Lucis crystal.

Which would mean that Noctis and his crew literally have the entire world out to get them.

Exentryk

Which means that maybe Niflheim did in fact assume control over the other nations, forcing their leaders to help in Idola's gambit to retrieve the Lucis crystal.

Which would mean that Noctis and his crew literally have the entire world out to get them.

Lucis was still being attacked by Niflheim soldiers. We haven't seen those Grumpy man's soldiers attacking anywhere yet. Maybe they are a rebel kingdom against Niflheim, and thus, are Lucis' allies :p

Lucis was still being attacked by Niflheim soldiers. We haven't seen those Grumpy man's soldiers attacking anywhere yet. Maybe they are a rebel kingdom against Niflheim, and thus, are Lucis' allies :p

Maybe.

Still I think there's a reason the final mugshots were 6 v 6.

Wow, I actually just noticed the blue blood. Wtf? This is some Ninja Gaiden bullshit. Why?

Again, Noctis and the behemoth both have red blood. Relax, it's probably story-related.

Check the logo on the grumpy man and the soldiers. It's different from Niflheim's red dragon logo, which we can see on the soldiers attacking in Lucis.

Something I just noticed. The logo on grumpy man is a sword with a horned helmet behind it. If that man is Stella's father (or grandfather), then his last name is Fleuret. Which means sword.

If we're assuming the summons are the guardians of the cities and thus tied to their crystals, maybe Tenebrae's guardian is Odin...?

Exentryk

Trying to download the trailers, but get stuck at 2%. Anyone else have this problem?

Haven't heard anything from others.

@Planetsmasher - I wonder if we can spot any logos in Accordo. That would rule out if the Grumpy man is from there. Something that I was planning to do, but haven't gotten around to yet.

Also, updated OP with expanded character descriptions that were in this week's Famitsu. Also linked the same article under news.

Jubern

Not a big deal, but if you want to add that to the OP Unnamed char 1's voice actor is Keiji Fujiwara (Reno in FFVII, Axel in KH2, Izana in FF Type-0) and 6 is Yuichi Nakamura (Cid in FFXIII, Trey in FF Type-0, Thancred in FFXIV: ARR).

I don't think there has been any official statement about it, but I'm 100% sure, and any anime or JP dubs fan out there can easily confirm.

Nazeem38

Banned
Not a big deal, but if you want to add that to the OP Unnamed char 1's voice actor is Keiji Fujiwara (Reno in FFVII, Axel in KH2, Izana in FF Type-0) and 6 is Yuichi Nakamura (Cid in FFXIII, Trey in FF Type-0, Thancred in FFXIV: ARR).

I don't think there has been any official statement about it, but I'm 100% sure, and any anime or JP dubs fan out there can easily confirm.

You're onto something, it definitely sounds like him. I guess we'll have to hear more to make a better judgement.

Voror

Can we infer by now that Lucis is the "Water Kingdom", based on it's location and the appearance of Leviathan? I'm guessing the beast serves as a guardian to the crystal.

Now that's an interesting thought. We have five kingdoms who presumably each had a crystal with Lucis apparently having either the last or the last one still in the hands of its own country.

So if this is correct then we'd probably have a fire, earth, and air themed kingdom as well. Fire would possibly have Ifrit, Earth could be Titan possibly and Air might be Bahamut? I'd guess these would be nations other than Lucis, in which case I'm not sure what theirs might be or what element they could represent. Alexander perhaps given the technological bent? Gilgamesh based on the swords? Perhaps their crystal represents THE VOID?

That would seem the most likely unless it's a combination of that and perhaps agreeing to grant them some use of the crystal per their assistance.

Exentryk

Thanks for mentioning those names. I'll have a listen and compare when I get back home. Will update OP accordingly then.

Jubern

I'm a bit late on this, but the more I learn about the world setting and the more it reminds me of Type-0 (4 countries with a crystal, one becomes a war-mongering empire out for the other countries, starts by subduing a first one and the story begins during the invasion of the main characters' country).

edit > You're welcome.

I'm a bit late on this, but the more I learn about the world setting and the more it reminds me of Type-0 (4 countries with a crystal, one becomes a war-mongering empire out for the other countries, starts by subduing a first one and the story begins during the invasion of the main characters' country).

I agree.

injurai

Banned
Has it been confirmed if the game will have real, explorable towns?

iAntVqP.gif

I hadn't heard this. Do we know if it is comparable to 12?

It seems like people are confusing cities with kingdoms.

You got me there, but if you pay attention to what Nomura has been saying about Lucis the kingdom specifically, he always calls it modern and that water place looks rather fantasy like.

So I'm gonna stick with my guns and say it's not in Lucis.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
just a thing I noted:

This character is one of the character who shows up very quickly after the unnamed character 4. At first glance he looks like Cor Leonis, but if you look carefully he is not Cor.

This is Cor Leonis. If you compared the two, you can see that they have differnt facial features(like the shape of eyebrow, scar on the face, shape of the ear, etc), and that they are not the same person.
I wonder if they could be related.

Chake

Banned
What are the chances that japan is going to get a themed FFXV PS4? Seriously, thats the only thing keeping me from not ordering one.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
What are the chances that japan is going to get a themed FFXV PS4? Seriously, thats the only thing keeping me from not ordering one.
Probably pretty high, since there were FFXII and FFXIII themed consoles, as well as handhelds for other SE games.

I'll be waiting for it, too. The logo plastered on the PS4 in a nicer color than black, would be cool.

Rojo

I dont have a link, but wasnt it said years ago that prompto was from the same kingdom as
stella, but left for unknown reasons?

Chake

Banned

Not sure if this was posted, but these people were never shown at the end (Half faces and all). Sorry if it was old.

raven777

yea those voices were so obvious, you can catch it right away if you have been watching anime for a while.

I am still not 100% sure who's voice Stella is. At first I thought it was koshimizu Ami but after hearing it numerous times I am not sure.

dramatis

You got me there, but if you pay attention to what Nomura has been saying about Lucis the kingdom specifically, he always calls it modern and that water place looks rather fantasy like.

So I'm gonna stick with my guns and say it's not in Lucis.
My observation is more like, we know Niflheim, Tenebrae, etcetera are names of kingdoms, but people hypothesize the cities with those names.

It's entirely possible that some of these might just be 'city-states'.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

100% likely imo. Sony and SE are already promoting FFXV on the Japanese PS Store... I foresee more co-marketing in the future.

Voror

Any guesses on the wait between release in Japan and the rest of the world? A few months maybe or possibly a lot closer?

My observation is more like, we know Niflheim, Tenebrae, etcetera are names of kingdoms, but people hypothesize the cities with those names.

It's entirely possible that some of these might just be 'city-states'.

That's what I was figuring, that they were city-states.

Chake

Banned
Any guesses on the wait between release in Japan and the rest of the world? A few months maybe or possibly a lot closer?

Most - mainline - Final Fantasy games release in Q4 in Japan, Q1 Worldwide. I'm guessing that it would launch Q4 2014 in Japan, since LR is releasing this November.

Jubern

Let's wait for the game to have a year before you talk about a JP/West release gap.

But more seriously, I expect the gap to be a few months long at worst, pretty much FFXIII saga style.

Voror

Most - mainline - Final Fantasy games release in Q4 in Japan, Q1 Worldwide. I'm guessing that it would launch Q4 2014 in Japan, since LR is releasing this November.

Yes, checking on FFXIII shows that exactly. I thought that they might perhaps try to go and release them closer together given that they seem to really want to push for this games success and getting it to everyone sooner feels like it would feed into that.

Let's wait for the game to have a year before you talk about a JP/West release gap.

But more seriously, I expect the gap to be a few months long at worst, pretty much FFXIII saga style.

True, I am getting ahead of myself on that count.

I wonder if they've given any sort of consideration to localization on this game so far in terms of things like VAs. Doubtful I suppose though given the game has so long to go, but they've had the main Japanese cast for such a while.

And then there will be the inevitable International Version, which would be a bit odd given the production time on this.

Now that's an interesting thought. We have five kingdoms who presumably each had a crystal with Lucis apparently having either the last or the last one still in the hands of its own country.

So if this is correct then we'd probably have a fire, earth, and air themed kingdom as well. Fire would possibly have Ifrit, Earth could be Titan possibly and Air might be Bahamut? I'd guess these would be nations other than Lucis, in which case I'm not sure what theirs might be or what element they could represent. Alexander perhaps given the technological bent? Gilgamesh based on the swords? Perhaps their crystal represents THE VOID?

That would seem the most likely unless it's a combination of that and perhaps agreeing to grant them some use of the crystal per their assistance.

wut? I thought Lucis got the last existing crystal in the entire world of FFXV..?

Hedge

So is it like a FF3 type deal, where there are x number of crystals each representing y,z,etc element? Or is that just speculation at this point?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So is it like a FF3 type deal, where there are x number of crystals each representing y,z,etc element? Or is that just speculation at this point?

I hope it's like FFIV's though like each kingdom has a corresponding crystal but with politics and pretty graphics.

Hedge

I hope it's like FFIV's though like each kingdom has a corresponding crystal but with politics and pretty graphics.

So like FFXII but with the crystals taking a more prominent role? I am indeed hoping the crystals play a similar role to XII, where they're only minor part in a big political game. But I guess it's more classical FF to make them the center of the story.

So like FFXII but with the crystals taking a more prominent role? I am indeed hoping the crystals play a similar role to XII, where they're only minor part in a big political game. But I guess it's more classical FF to make them the center of the story.

I think the crystals are more of a macguffin to instigate the war rather than the center of the story.

XV is Hamlet: The Game. You should expect a whole lot of backstabbing and craziness, but the crystals are really just why Idola is doing what he's doing. The main story will probably be more about Noctis and his relationships with his father, Stella and his friends.

Exentryk

So, I had a closer look at the soldiers and their logos.

The Niflheim soldiers and the soldiers behind the grumpy man have the same weapons. The guns have a red circular logo on them. They have the same face armor. They also have a similar silver cross logo on their chest armor.

See this image of Niflheim soldiers below. We can confirm they are from Niflheim because of the red Niflheim logo on their armor.

Now, the soldiers behind the grumpy man are carrying the same type of weapon, with that red circular logo (a little hard to spot, but you can see a little red there).

The similar silver cross logo.

r67lkXd.png

The only difference between these soldiers is that the ones behind the grumpy man don't have the red Niflheim logo on their armour. Perhaps these are just a higher/lower class variety soldiers from the Niflheim army?

If this is true, then that would mean the grumpy man is also from Niflheim.

While I am at it, the hooded man also has a white dragon logo visible, which is similar to the Niflheim logo.

His henchman also has a logo (golden cross) that is similar to the silver cross mentioned above. Perhaps the hooded guy is also from Niflheim.

Thoughts?

The insignia on hood guy's shoulder actually looks different from the dragon on the Niflheim poster. It's the same color, but it actually looks like a wolf's head, not the sleeker, less detailed dragon silhouette in the Niflheim seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom