• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Everything we know so far - [Up: Character artwork/descriptions]

Status
Not open for further replies.

injurai

Banned
Do we know how close the gameplay is the KH still? (Something I have only played at friends houses)

I think everything looks amazing, but a few people have put our skeptical sentiments. I'm really interested to see how this plays.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Man, the FFXV logo is sooo good. I like it alongside with FFX's and FFXIII's (yes I like FFXIII's logo).

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I hope they allow you to change the character names like the olden days. I refuse to call them by their Latin names. First thing I'm gonna do is change them to Backstabber, Sauron, Quicksilver, and Squall.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Edge: We sat down with the man behind Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 and asked him some questions!

How was E3!?

What do you think of the new consoles!?

What's your favorite company!?

What did you have for lunch!?

What's your favorite color!?

What hotel are you staying at!?

How bout this weather!?

It's annoying because Nomura's interview slots were extremely limited. IIRC only Edge, IGN, Famitsu and NBC got time with him.

Wasn't that awhile ago though? For all we know, the fact that so many people have mentioned that character might have made them decide to make her a bigger presence.

I think she's just one of the many class based enemies.

A long time ago, even mid-boss's left a big impression in FF games.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What's wrong with 13's logo?

8's is my favorite, but 15's is probably a close second for me.

Dunno, people might say it sucks like how they say FFXIII sucks. :(

Nerokis

Yeah nothing really new in that interview, although I couldn't help but smile with his comment that XV will likely become the flagship title of next gen. No more Lightning, and Noctis finally gets his well deserved turn as the face of Final Fantasy.

Yeah, it was a bit of a waste, but I found Nomura's answers charming. I chuckled at his admission to becoming more and more worried as he saw other companies' games. And I also like that he admitted to SE being a bit behind in terms of development.

Thinking about it, it seems Nomura has much of SE's next gen success in his hands. I mean, what SE games are going to be more significant than FFXV and KH3? It's amazing to think about how different this and next gen could be for them, assuming both games are good and successful.

ZenTzen

It's annoying because Nomura's interview slots were extremely limited. IIRC only Edge, IGN, Famitsu and NBC got time with him.

the only questions i would make just for confirmation from the director himself, would have been if theres more party members, overworld and airship to travel, small towns and regular shops and inns, and if we would be seeing a new trailer at TGS or something, the ones edge made really were pretty boring

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Someone (or in this case EDGE) should've asked, "So what is it like being finally interviewed and being able to say something worthwhile?" and he should've replied, "I dunno. Your questions are SHIT."

In all seriousness though, they probably made sure only certain questions were asked. Normal filtering of questions probably.

ULTROS!

someone should ask if they're aiming for 60fps.

Someone should ask how long the game would be, target release, if the cast is stuck to the 5 guys, and if we should expect FF conventions like shops, the crystal theme, and the main FF theme.

ULTROS!

Honestly, I've yet to hear a tear-jerking song from Shimomura. Most of her stuff are either epic, intense, or quirky.

Exentryk

The music in the opening few seconds of the announcement trailer immediately created a mood. Can't wait to hear more of this sad kind of music from her.

injurai

Banned
I'll try and have some bullet points under Gameplay in the next few days.

yeah just browsed over that thread.

The limited warp feature has me a bit worried. My biggest fear is trying to make everything look cool, but not actually providing a complex gameplay system that requires learning combat flow and applying skill (like 13)

cj_iwakura

The limited warp feature has me a bit worried. My biggest fear is trying to make everything look cool, but not actually providing a complex gameplay system that requires learning combat flow and applying skill (like 13)

13 had a great, innovative combat system.

Sbik

Neo Member
Since Nomura and Tabata are co-directing the game do you guys think there is a chance Takeharu Ishimoto is also involved? I really loved his work on Crisis Core, KH BBS and Type-0 especially. IIRC FFX was the first mainline title that had multiple composers so it's not unprecedented. Of course Shimomura is goddess tier composer so there is no doubt she'll deliver but addition of Ishimoto's epic piece like this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVdkA7f-bTs) would be beyond awesome.

Since Nomura and Tabata are co-directing the game do you guys think there is a chance Takeharu Ishimoto is also involved? I really loved his work on Crisis Core, KH BBS and Type-0 especially. IIRC FFX was the first mainline title that had multiple composers so it's not unprecedented. Of course Shimomura is goddess tier composer so there is no doubt she'll deliver but addition of Ishimoto's epic piece like this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVdkA7f-bTs) would be beyond awesome.

Who knows?

He ain't doing nothing.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I wouldn't mind that combo at all, he's another one of my favorites and does amazing and varied work.

Cor Leonis looks awesome. I'm glad that he's the Older Party Member for this game, and I'm sure it'll make for a fun dynamic between him and the others. Some of my favorite characters are folks like Cyan, Cid Highwind and Barret.
What, Basch not old enough for ya?

Am I alone in thinking these are the best looking characters Nomura has ever designed? Everyone looks like a badass, no lolis, no zippers......no one looks ridiculous at all so far.

ZenTzen

who knows, at this point all we know is that only Shimomura is doing the music, personally i want to hear how the old themes from FF will sound like, especially the FF main theme and chocobo theme, if they are even in the game

Remember, you can switch to control other characters, and I highly doubt they will all have the Warp ability. In fact I could see it playing out like Lightning's costume changes in LR where you get an entirely different set of commands per character and you have to switch between them all to maximize offense/defense, except instead of costumes it's different characters, and even deeper, different assists depending on who is the lead.

Plenty of potential for complexity.

What did he do for BBS?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Am I alone in thinking these are the best looking characters Nomura has ever designed? Everyone looks like a badass, no lolis, no zippers......no one looks ridiculous at all so far.

They're certainly his most contemporary/realistic designs. Refreshing after FFXIII.

injurai

Banned
13 had a great, innovative combat system.

innovative? yes. poorly executed? yes.

Should have been more of a real time with pause sort of thing. Don't know why the abandoned what they had going with 12.

Remember, you can switch to control other characters, and I highly doubt they will all have the Warp ability. In fact I could see it playing out like Lightning's costume changes in LR where you get an entirely different set of commands per character and you have to switch between them all to maximize offense/defense, except instead of costumes it's different characters, and even deeper, different assists depending on who is the lead.

Plenty of potential for complexity.

very good point. This makes me excited again.

ULTROS!

I wonder... What does the FFXV symbolize? Usually the logo depicts a certain scene/person (in the case of FFXII) in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom