• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Everything we know so far - [Up: Character artwork/descriptions]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinta

Banned
I wonder... What does the FFXV symbolize? Usually the logo depicts a certain scene/person (in the case of FFXII) in the game.

Final_Fantasy_XV_Logo.png

The orb is Cocoon. It's in the XIII logo, the Type-0 logo, and the FNC logo. While Cocoon is probably not in the game, it's a defining part of all logos in the FNC series.

The swords around the circle are Nocits' weapons.

One of the themes for the game, and the FNC mythology is "sleeping in crystal," which is probably a reference to Bhunivelze, who created the fal'cie in the FNC mythology and then slept in crystal stasis until Etro's door is found/opened.

The woman in the picture is really the main mystery. My guess is that it's Etro.

There are some dragon looking creatures on the bottom, which could represent an insignia for one of the nations possibly. Or it could be a summon, similar to Leviathan. In FFXIII, summons are the product of Etro. It might be similar in XV.

Apoptomon

I wonder... What does the FFXV symbolize? Usually the logo depicts a certain scene/person (in the case of FFXII) in the game.
I remember reading ages ago speculation the logo image was of Etro. It's someone sleeping (and the main song is called Somnus) .... Who in FNC mythology is sleeping?Bhunivelze maybe?
EDIT: beaten
There are some dragon looking creatures on the bottom, which could represent an insignia for one of the nations possibly. Or it could be a summon, similar to Leviathan.
I'm also wondering what the dragony thing(s - is there one at the top as well?) represent

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Speaking of type-0, what did the logo symbolize or depict in the game?

The orb is Cocoon. It's in the XIII logo, the Type-0 logo, and the FNC logo. While Cocoon is probably not in the game, it's a defining part of all logos in the FNC series.

One of the themes for the game, and the FNC mythology is "sleeping in crystal," which is probably a reference to Bhunivelze, who created the fal'cie in the FNC mythology and then slept in crystal stasis until Etro's door is found/opened.

The woman in the picture is really the main mystery. My guess is that it's Etro.

There are some dragon looking creatures on the bottom, which could represent an insignia for one of the nations possibly. Or it could be a summon, similar to Leviathan. In FFXIII, summons are the product of Etro. It might be similar in XV.
Another thing I've noticed in the logo is that the long dress/hair/drape coming from the woman takes on the shape of a wing to the right of her head.

We've seen some evidence of wings associated with Stella before, if you look closely in the designs surrounding her in this shot:

Stella_%28Versus%29.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Interesting, so the type-0 logo depicts something from the game too.

So I guess that means there will be a giant woman supporting the world of FFXV behind her back while she is sleeping. :p

Shinta

Banned
Another thing I've noticed in the logo is that the long dress/hair/drape coming from the woman takes on the shape of a wing to the right of her head.

We've seen some evidence of wings associated with Stella before, if you look closely in the designs surrounding her in this shot:

Stella_%28Versus%29.jpg

Etro also has wings. I didn't make that connection before, but yeah, you're right.

Seems likely that it's Etro, or that whoever the woman is, is "blessed/cursed" by Etro.

Pooya

The logo is obviously the final boss, she has wings.

edit: Etro looks different, that Amano portrait in the game is supposed to be Etro right? which looks like the FNC logo. This woman has a different face.

Well presumably the logo should become clear at least after beating the game I would think. It's not immediately clear what it's exactly supposed to be, and, outside of the two online Final Fantasies, is there any mainline Final Fantasy that has a logo that is purely symbolic and not something that is specifically seen in the game?

Hopefully they don't do what they did in FFXIII and base the ending itself off of the art, because that's just silly.

I just think whatever it is, is the so called "figure hidden ins leep" wev;ve been hearing so much about.

Unseen world and all that jazz.

ULTROS!

The logo is obviously the final boss, she has wings.

edit: Etro looks different, that Amano portrait in the game is supposed to be Etro right? which looks like the FNC logo. This woman has a different face.

Maybe it's Stella?

Imagine, fighting a gigantic Stella with wings, holding the world of XV and while she is sleeping, the dragons attack for her.

Maybe it's Stella?

Imagine, fighting a gigantic Stella with wings, holding the world of XV and while she is sleeping, the dragons attack for her.

That is the most bat shit insane thing I ever heard and I would be delighted to see how they explain that one.

I'm just imagining Stella somehow turning into a giant winged goddess thing and spitting dragons at you.

Village

That is the most bat shit insane thing I ever heard and I would be delighted to see how they explain that one.

I'm just imagining Stella somehow turning into a giant winged goddess thing and spitting dragons at you.

Noctis cheated on her.

She is the final boss, after she looks at your texts messages.

:p

Maybe Stella is to Etro as Jesus is to God. Stella, Etro's one and only Daughter, made human to live among them for some reason related to finding the door to the Unseen World.

Shinta

Banned

Stella_%28Versus%29.jpg

Maybe Stella is to Etro as Jesus is to God. Stella, Etro's one and only Daughter, made human to live among them for some reason related to finding the door to the Unseen World.

Noctis_XII.jpg

Noctis has the same wing on the opposite side.

Together they make the two wings of Etro.

STORY SPOILERS kind of sort of: The logo also has some red in it, take note that in every FF that has a red (or reddish, like II or XIII-2) logo a significant amount of people
die in them or there's a heavy military/political theme that oversees the plot.

Famassu

Is that honestly appropriate to be asking it like that? It's multiplat so there are no favorites
The interview was pretty horrible otherwise too as well. I mean, why on Earth do they act all surprised that XV is an action RPG when it's been known since 2006 and was even shown to be one in 2011? I know the game has been a long time coming and information has trickled out rather than been a strong current, but it's not like there ISN'T a whole lot of information out of Versus XIII which they could've based their questions on.

Am I alone in thinking these are the best looking characters Nomura has ever designed? Everyone looks like a badass, no lolis, no zippers......no one looks ridiculous at all so far.

I whole heartily agree. No one person is over deigned or under designed. They all balance each other out well. One of the best designed casts in any of Square Enix's titles.

The interview was pretty horrible otherwise too as well. I mean, why on Earth do they act all surprised that XV is an action RPG when it's been known since 2006 and was even shown to be one in 2011?

I imagine this question has an obvious answer, but: Was XIII supposed to be a straight action RPG when it was first conceived? The battle system is semi-dependent on positioning (but you can't move the characters) and all the summons double as vehicles for no apparent reason, but their attacks would make more sense if you were piloting them around giant play maps

Zukuu

Banned

Stella_%28Versus%29.jpg

old stella looks sooooooooooo awesome. Best designed character right there. Why did they ruin her? :<

@logo - it's etro.

Can you please stop making shit up.

That's not what the orb is. It maybe for XIII but that's not what it's there for in Type-0 or XV. Cocoon isn't in Type-0 or XV. I know that's how you want to interpret everything but you don't have the proof to back that statement or assumption up.

Your need to connect anything in this game to XIII is borderline obsessive. Just stop.

Edit:
Wouldn't this game be better off with plot elements from FF13 not existing?

This game literally takes zero plot elements from XIII. Thats just misinformation that certain individuals keep trying to spread around.

Famassu

I imagine this question has an obvious answer, but: Was XIII supposed to be a straight action RPG when it was first conceived? The battle system is semi-dependent on positioning (but you can't move the characters) and all the summons double as vehicles for no apparent reason, but their attacks would make more sense if you were piloting them around giant play maps
No, FFXIII was never going to be an action RPG although they did want to speed things up, but when Nomura & Toriyama/Kitase first talked about their games back in 2006 they were pretty clear from the beginning that while Versus XIII was going to be an action RPG unlike any mainline FF and FFXIII would have more traditional an ATB-system, that XIII would still be more of a departure of the traditional FF line whereas Versus would actually offer more of those traditional elements people expect from FF than FFXIII (again, apart from it being an action RPG).

Shinta

Banned
Can you please stop making shit up.

That's not what the orb is. It maybe for XIII but that's what it's there for in Type-0 or XV. Cocoon isn't in Type-0 or XV. I know that's how you want to interpret everything but you don't have the proof to back that statement or assumption up.

Your need to connect anything in this game to XIII is borderline obsessive. Just stop.

Edit:

This game literally takes zero plot elements from XIII. Thats just misinformation that certain individuals keep trying to spread around.

It's a blue orb with a twisted spire holding it up in the FNC logo, clearly representing Etro holding up Cocoon at the end of XIII. The exact same blue orb is in Type-0 and XV.

If you don't like my theory then fine. I don't give a shit honestly.

Famassu

There are no "plot elements" from FFXIII. FFXIII, Type-0 and XV share a similar base mythos, but they are all vastly different kinds of interpretations of that mythos. Think of it like the same as NES/SNES era FFs that all had Crystals as central pieces of the story, but the crystals still had somewhat different kind of role in the story of each game.

There are no "plot elements" from FFXIII. FFXIII, Type-0 and XV share a similar base mythos, but they are all vastly different kinds of interpretations of that mythos. Think of it like the same as NES/SNES era FFs that all had Crystals as central pieces of the story, but the crystals still had somewhat different kind of role in the story of each game.
Or (if you need another example) like the Ivalice Alliance games.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The interview was pretty horrible otherwise too as well. I mean, why on Earth do they act all surprised that XV is an action RPG when it's been known since 2006 and was even shown to be one in 2011? I know the game has been a long time coming and information has trickled out rather than been a strong current, but it's not like there ISN'T a whole lot of information out of Versus XIII which they could've based their questions on.

You would think journalists would do their research... or something...

Famassu

It's a blue orb with a twisted spire holding it up in the FNC logo, clearly representing Etro holding up Cocoon at the end of XIII. The exact same blue orb is in Type-0 and XV.

Why on Earth would Cocoon be in any other game's logo when Cocoon is simply the place people live at in FFXIII and doesn't have any relevancy to either Type-0's or Versus XIII's story or world? These games do not take place in the same universe, there are just some similarities with the mythology (Etro, special people called l'cie etc.)

Voror

I don't think they're city-states though.

I think since the war front has been brought straight to the door of Lucis, that most of the game will take place in Lucis, with individual cities of the kingdom being locations you can visit while traversing the world.

That'd possibly be a bit of a letdown if we're just in the one. I'd hope we get to travel to all these countries myself.

Yeah nothing really new in that interview, although I couldn't help but smile with his comment that XV will likely become the flagship title of next gen. No more Lightning, and Noctis finally gets his well deserved turn as the face of Final Fantasy.

It also drives home to a degree just how important this title is to SE and Nomura as well. If the game doesn't succeed, then both their reputations could take a pretty big blow.

I hope they allow you to change the character names like the olden days. I refuse to call them by their Latin names. First thing I'm gonna do is change them to Backstabber, Sauron, Quicksilver, and Squall.

We have had scenes where they've actually called them by their names, correct? If that's the case then it's doubtful they'd allow us to do that, though it'd be fun if they got around it by avoiding saying their names like X did.

It's annoying because Nomura's interview slots were extremely limited. IIRC only Edge, IGN, Famitsu and NBC got time with him.

Really? That's pretty sad then, though it could be they might not have answered really if asked the direct questions we would want answered.

Yeah, it was a bit of a waste, but I found Nomura's answers charming. I chuckled at his admission to becoming more and more worried as he saw other companies' games. And I also like that he admitted to SE being a bit behind in terms of development.

Thinking about it, it seems Nomura has much of SE's next gen success in his hands. I mean, what SE games are going to be more significant than FFXV and KH3? It's amazing to think about how different this and next gen could be for them, assuming both games are good and successful.

He generally comes across as pretty humble and it is funny hearing that he felt nervous. I can't blame him either since this was the big re-reveal of the game to the public after being so silent about it for so long. Maybe they realize that being more open with their customers about things like this is better than PR speak all the time?

That's a good point as these are the blockbusters for them, though I suppose down the line XVI would be a big title too. Though that's a long way off and who even knows if it will come out on this gen. It'd be nice to have two FF mainline titles in a single gen though.

Maybe it's Stella?

Possibly.

That's sounds downright trippy. And kind of awesome.

I was thinking what it might be like if they somehow made Etro look in-game like the Amano drawings of here. It could sort of help in providing that other-worldly feel if she looked like that, though I imagine that would be difficult.

They aren't really plot elements from FF13 so much as that both games draw from the same Mythos that was originally constructed for the whole FNC. And it seems a given that XV won't be using the mythos in the same manner as XIII did. Type-0 also used the mythos and did it in a different manner than XIII.

Luthos

I whole heartily agree. No one person is over deigned or under designed. They all balance each other out well. One of the best designed casts in any of Square Enix's titles.

If there's one thing I nitpick about this cast, it's that they all seem to wear black. Their outfits are good, but it'd be nice to see a bit of color variety.

edit: also, it needs a woman or two.

You stated it as a fact when that is not the case. You said "The orb IS cocoon". That's simply not true. Again you made it up. You didn't present it like that, but it was a made up assumption on your part.

This. As long as people understand it like this there should be zero confusion.

You would think journalists would do their research... or something...

Research? What's that? We like to use buzzwords like "Report" instead of saying rumor because it makes us sound more sure and knowledgeable about said.... rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom