• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Everything we know so far - [Up: Character artwork/descriptions]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances that we see it this year?
I know that we won't see it for a long time :(

Already confirmed that it won't be out before March 2014 (end of this Fiscal Year) at the very earliest, unfortunately.

If we're lucky we might see it by christmas 2014 in Japan, early 2015 in the west.
Am I imagining things or did they confirm that the game would have had a simultaneous worldwide release?

injurai

Banned
Already confirmed that it won't be out before March 2014 (end of this Fiscal Year) at the very earliest, unfortunately.

If we're lucky we might see it by christmas 2014 in Japan, early 2015 in the west.
Am I imagining things or did they confirm that the game would have had a simultaneous worldwide release?

please be excited

Famassu

Well, they said years ago that they would start aiming for that. I think games like FFXIII, XIII-2 and LR aren't simply because they have all been kind of rushed in a sense that they've wanted them out in at least one region ASAP with a very rushed production schedule (I mean, each one of those has had a majority of its content developed in a little over a year), so they've just focused on finishing the games first instead of them to keep doing the localizations at the same time and only release the game once all regions' versions are done. They aren't really rushing out FFXV in the same way so I'd hope that means they can start localizing it earlier, meaning at least a near simultaneous worldwide release.

And a lot of other games haven't been localized first because doing localizations for several languages while still developing the game is much, MUCH more expensive than (almost) finishing it and then starting up on it

Well, they said years ago that they would start aiming for that. I think games like FFXIII, XIII-2 and LR aren't simply because they have all been kind of rushed in a sense that they've wanted them out in at least one region ASAP with a very rushed production schedule (I mean, each one of those has had a majority of its content developed in a little over a year), so they've just focused on finishing the game first instead of them to keep doing the localizations at the same time and only release the game once all regions' versions are done. They aren't really rushing out FFXV in the same way so I'd hope that means they can start localizing it earlier, meaning at least a near simultaneous worldwide release.

Yes, I remember them saying that they were translating the script in English in real time (quite a risky thing to do), and doing the same with voice recording.
But as you say this was something from way earlier, I can't find any recent confirmation.

We'll have to wait and see.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Nomura's rendition? He was their chief character designer.

There's the CG version, in-game version, and Nomura's version of the characters. I know that he's the character designers. I'm saying that his version is not as good even if it is the original. Rendition was the wrong word choice.

PK Gaming

Prediction time:

Stella is either going to be the 11th hour hero (In other words, she will join the party in the last half of the game) OR be a boss that you have to face at one point in the story. She has the same power as Noctis, i hope she isn't delegated to being a supporting character.

Prediction time:

Stella is either going to be the 11th hour hero (In other words, she will join the party in the last half of the game) OR be a boss that you have to face at one point in the story. She has the same power as Noctis, i hope she isn't delegated to being a supporting character.

Or maybe she's both. :O

Edit:

Yeah, someone needs to ask Nomura or Hashimoto when they get an interview with them about localization and if the Japanese version and the rest of the world's version will be releasing close together.

ZenTzen

Prediction time:

She can be both, she seems to be a really important character, if all the trailers and the beginning of the e3 one is to be believed, she can be a boss character and later a party member as well

Nibel

i0MR2arsuZNTG.gif

alright, which one of you is Cid?

If he ends up being one of these 4 then my hunch lies with number 1, the guy seen with the Idola and co.

Hope this helps you narrow the field of candidates:

cid, cis (Latin root)
Meaning: to cut; to kill
Examples of Use: suicide; incision

sooooooooooooooo goooooooooood!

The announcement of both was just unreal! In IRC with over over 200 hundred gaffers with everyone losing their shit and just full blown meltdowns of joy.

Once in a lifetime E3 moment!

I decided to stay off GAF for that day cause I didn't want to say or do anything irrational that would've gotten me banned.

Can you link me to the point when all the Square Enix craziness went down?

Go_Ly_Dow

yeah, the replies are absolute gold.

XIII to 360 was just pure anger and rage.

Versus reveal and XV was the exact opposite. Just shock and euphoria, aha.

You should have seen people at E3. Every time the trailer would start at the SE booth everyone (it felt like) in the hall would gather around to watch the trailer.

It was awesome to see.

And I agree. I literally was speechless after XV and KH3. I just remember paying attention to the Sony Conference again towards the end of the Watch Dogs demo. I didn't even know AC4 glitched until my friend filled me in on what I missed on the way to GameStop.

Mokubba

You should have seen people at E3. Every time the trailer would start at the SE booth everyone (it felt like) in the hall would gather around to watch the trailer.

It was awesome to see.

And I agree. I literally was speechless after XV and KH3. I just remember paying attention to the Sony Conference again towards the end of the Watch Dogs demo. I didn't even know AC4 glitched until my friend filled me in on what I missed on the way to GameStop.

Yea i think Kotaku reported on it too about how everyone stopped to see the trailer.

And people said FF is not relevant.

I think this has a lot to do with the fact that this time around the two architectures are mostly the same, which means we shouldn't see any additional development times simply due to porting efforts, a major sticking point for those with PS3's waiting for XIII.

Yea i think Kotaku reported on it too about how everyone stopped to see the trailer.

And people said FF is not relevant.

Lots of people eating crow. At this point crows will be extinct.

BTW who else here thinks we will get a release window for the game around TGS? I think that's the next logical thing to announce.

Nomura said he really wanted to have FFXV at every major thing so we wouldn't send out hit squads to kill him due to info drought.

So FFXV at Gamescom?

Actually I was thinking the next time would be TGS.

That would be nice if it were Gamescom.

What we need is someone to get an actually good interview with Nomura to clarify certain details on the game so that everyone is on the same page.

So FFXV at Gamescom?

...We will see. That would be crazy to get a trailer there though. Isn't Gamescom and TGS like a month apart? I just don't see them releasing two trailers that close to each other. Even with them being as open as they are now.

synce

So this is basically the male equivalent of FFX-2 isn't it? Only male characters playable, really really lame...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Actually I was thinking the next time would be TGS.

That would be nice if it were Gamescom.

What we need is someone to get an actually good interview with Nomura to clarify certain details on the game so that everyone is on the same page.

Someone like... me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom