• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

silva1991

My Conquest copy

CrFFBcd.jpg

can't wait to play it on hard -___-.

That's what I usually do, thank god. I'd go crazy otherwise.

Oh, I thought it sounded like you didn't know that. I would almost say the GBA games would have a little more difficulty resetting since they basically auto-saved at the last action and I would very often hit the option to resume the battle and not to continue from last save.

WolfeTone

Finally beat Conquest Chapter 17. Most rage inducing map I can remember in a FE and it felt like I was screwed by RNG and critical hits far too often. Made it through and managed to promote the main squad at last.

I've noticed this too. What chapter are you on? I'm still stuck on 24.

Before 27 right now, and I'm so not moving on when I notice that enemies level spiked all the way to Level 15+ promoted - while I still have units hovering around 5-7 promoted. Gotta fix that with some grinding...

Chase17

Before 27 right now, and I'm so not moving on when I notice that enemies level spiked all the way to Level 15+ promoted - while I still have units hovering around 5-7 promoted. Gotta fix that with some grinding...
Looks like I'll need to do some some grinding even if I get through this chapter then.

WolfeTone

At the infamous chapter 10 Conquest...shit, this is gonna take me a while lol. Had to restart twice already.

Loved this chapter so much. Despite having to reset a lot, it's a perfect defense chapter, those were sorely lacking in Awakening.

Tips if you want:
Don't get greedy and try to pick off enemies outside of your perimeter, you won't survive out there. Use the balista and flame orb to weaken enemies and then let them run into Effie or whoever you're using to hold chokepoints. Use Camilla to visit the houses.

Vamphuntr

At the infamous chapter 10 Conquest...shit, this is gonna take me a while lol. Had to restart twice already.

Restarted twice. I used Azura to sing for the people at the orb or ballista so they could fire twice. Had Effie tank where the breakable walls are in the middle. Play it safe and attack only when you can win.

Chapter 15 Birthright

FUCK FUCK FUCK I'VE LOST KAZE AND BY EXTENSION MIDORI BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE AN A RANK WITH HIM ON CORRIN

This happened to me. I was at B-rank. I decided that it was a good learning experience for me so I didn't reset to grind out the last support rank (though that's probably more of I don't want to do grinding in my first playthrough)

Azuran

Banned
Chapter 15 Birthright

FUCK FUCK FUCK I'VE LOST KAZE AND BY EXTENSION MIDORI BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE AN A RANK WITH HIM ON CORRIN

RESTART RESTART RESTART AND THEN GRIND SUPPORT. Kaze is the one of the best bros anyone could ask for. He was one of the first A ranks I got with Corrin because he's such a smooth motherfucker.

Who has everybody lost up their current progress?

Playing Conquest I randomly lost Odin like 2 chapters after getting him and I just lost Niles on Chapter 10.

Renewed

Birthright Chapter 18

When I read the objective, I thought "oh boy a grinding opportunity." But when the Faceless were doing zero damage to my current team, I thought I may have been too strong. Took the retainers and Leo out in the turn I reached them.

Also I picked up Draconic Hex and Aptitude (which shouldn't be able to be on anyone else, I feel like I've done something horrible).

Chapter 15 Birthright

Feels bad man. I had A rank already because I really like having him around so I learned of what happens afterwards.

Who has everybody lost up their current progress?

Playing Conquest I randomly lost Odin like 2 chapters after getting him and I just lost Niles on Chapter 10.

I've lost Kaden and Kagero near the end of each chapter. I was stupid and put Kaden near the boss at chapter 15 without reading skills.

MechaX

Spent around 40 minutes on Chapter 10 Conquest Hard/Classic and everything was going fine...

Until one of Camilla's servants missed a pegasus knight with 98% fucking accuracy and said pegasus knight just flew past everyone and merked Mozu.

You know what, fuck this, I'm going to Casual mode. I don't care if I'm considered a scrub or not, but I'm not spending a single second more on flushing 30+ minutes down the drain just because RNGesus decided to knee me in the balls.

Feel like I've finally hit my stride on Birthright Hard. I'd been considering doing some grinding or reducing the difficulty to Normal after all the trouble Chapters 11-13 had given me, but I've since managed to cut my way through Chapters 14-17 without too much trouble. I'm feeling more confident about tackling Conquest on Hard after this. :D

Hmm... Would Fire Emblem benefit from a mode that is in-between Casual and Classic? A mode where fallen characters will have to sit out the next few battles.

Though I guess that might be a compromise nobody wants...

Still wondering if I should grab Conquest or start a new game again for different supports after this run is finished.

Chapter 15 Birthright

No Kaze/Midori is lost because I accidentally saved over the file. Oboro has lost her husband and child this day. ;___;

Dimmle

Hmm... Would Fire Emblem benefit from a mode that is in-between Casual and Classic? A mode where fallen characters will have to sit out the next few battles.

Though I guess that might be a compromise nobody wants...

Still wondering if I should grab Conquest or start a new game again for different supports after this run is finished.
I just want battle saves on Classic. ;-;

Kiro

Chapter 10 conquest may be one of the best fire emblem chapters of all times. I was pairing and changing stances and transferring and healing and using freeze and retreating to survive the last turn. It took every ounce of brain power to methodically calculate each decision. Brilliant.

I can't pinpoint a weakness in chapter 10 conquest or chapter 12 in the base game. That's something you really can't say everyday in an srpg.

NeonZ

After reading Azura's supports with Corin in Conquest, which are actually exclusive to it, I really wish they didn't try to stay so neutral with most of the supports. The main culprit here is the Revelations route, really. If they didn't have to worry about writing supports for everyone that would be applicable for their own army and for the combined forces, we could have gotten conversations that would feel much more in depth and contextualized regarding each path, with only the neutral characters needing more vague conversations (and, in that case, maybe there could be some other route exclusive conversations for Nohr and Hoshido).

Rutger

Banned
I just want battle saves on Classic. ;-;

Just play on Casual and reset for any death if you want that. Battle saves should stay out of Classic otherwise we could just brute force the RNG to work however we want, it's not really a good thing to have in a strategy game like this.

TWILT

Banned
Loved this chapter so much. Despite having to reset a lot, it's a perfect defense chapter, those were sorely lacking in Awakening.

Tips if you want:
Don't get greedy and try to pick off enemies outside of your perimeter, you won't survive out there. Use the balista and flame orb to weaken enemies and then let them run into Effie or whoever you're using to hold chokepoints. Use Camilla to visit the houses.

Restarted twice. I used Azura to sing for the people at the orb or ballista so they could fire twice. Had Effie tank where the breakable walls are in the middle. Play it safe and attack only when you can win.

Phew, just finished it after several more resets. Thanks a lot guys!

Chapter 10 was really fun. Maybe it's just been a while since I've done a "Defend chapter" that was definitely one of the highlights of the game so far.

Insolitus

Banned
Just play on Casual and reset for any death if you want that. Battle saves should stay out of Classic otherwise we could just brute force the RNG to work however we want, it's not really a good thing to have in a strategy game like this.

I think it could work if you could only save like once or twice during a mission, or at specific points.

Lunar15

Chapter 10 conquest may be one of the best fire emblem chapters of all times. I was pairing and changing stances and transferring and healing and using freeze and retreating to survive the last turn. It took every ounce of brain power to methodically calculate each decision. Brilliant.

Yeah, it's an excellent chapter. Can't beat it yet though, lol.

Jims

Just finished Birthright Chapter 15 Hard and had a terrifying moment against the boss. I had been using Hinoka (paired with Kaze) to draw the enemies in. I cleared out the entire field and then proceeded to bring the boss in. I made the mistake of not noticing he has a beastkiller skill. So he went in to attack Hinoka, and it showed he was 100% one-shotting for 31 damage.

Literally said aloud, "NO NO NO NO NO NO" and was ready to reset... Until I noticed Hinoka's support shields were all filled, and Kaze perfect guarded it.

...I am bad at this game.

The one time I was glad I read the spoilers.

Agreed.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Spent around 40 minutes on Chapter 10 Conquest Hard/Classic and everything was going fine...

Until one of Camilla's servants missed a pegasus knight with 98% fucking accuracy and said pegasus knight just flew past everyone and merked Mozu.

You know what, fuck this, I'm going to Casual mode. I don't care if I'm considered a scrub or not, but I'm not spending a single second more on flushing 30+ minutes down the drain just because RNGesus decided to knee me in the balls.

I hit that point too this morning on ch 9. It's just too much wasted time and it's not fun or rewarding. Classic mode seriously needs like a "Turn 5 checkpoint save" or something. It's too much to have to replay back to the point where you lost.

Oh well I guess that's what Casual mode is for. Yeah an Xcom style "sit out the next two missions" or something would be nice to have as an option.

CazTGG

I don't know if it's just me (currently at Chapter 24), but Conquest doesn't seem that much more challenging than Birthright other than the limited ability to grind (though this might be due to the fact that I only took part in a single paralogue to recruit Mozu and didn't feel the need to grind during my initial playthrough). The map design is more complex in Conquest, even on the ones which are shared between the two games, but in terms of overall difficulty it's pretty fair by Fire Emblem standards.

Rutger

Banned
Phew, just finished it after several more resets. Thanks a lot guys!

Chapter 10 was really fun. Maybe it's just been a while since I've done a "Defend chapter" that was definitely one of the highlights of the game so far.
It asks a lot more from us than the average defense map in FE, it's really well made and one of the best maps in the series.
I think it could work if you could only save like once or twice during a mission, or at specific points.

Shadow Dragon tried that, no one wants to remember Shadow Dragon though.
I don't think they're needed honestly, the maps are a nice size so it's not like we need to split them up. Plus battle saves exist in casual, so the option is there if someone really wants it.

Busaiku

I don't know if it's just me (currently at Chapter 24), but Conquest doesn't seem that much more challenging than Birthright other than the limited ability to grind (though this might be due to the fact that I only took part in a single paralogue to recruit Mozu and didn't feel the need to grind during my initial playthrough). The map design is more complex in Conquest, even on the ones which are shared between the two games, but in terms of overall difficulty it's pretty fair by Fire Emblem standards.
Limited grinding is really only a problem if you try to get kids.
If you stick with a single party, it's much easier.

I think a lot of the complaints about difficulty are mainly due to comparisons with Awakening, since it's much easier to remember that.

Top Bottom