• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Let Ryoma murder them all. It is his birthright.

Seriously Ryoma killed at least like 70% of the enemies on that map for me.

edit: oh wait Conquest I am the dumbest let me go commit seppuku as is proper in Hoshido

pariah164

It's finally happened. My FeMU in Birthright has hit max level. Which seal do I use? There's just too damn many of them now. I had enough trouble differentiating between Master/Second Seals in Awakening.

GSR

Am I doing something wrong or Conquest 27's enemies are REALLY, REALLY STRONG?

That's why there are so few of them!

I recommend pairing up everyone. Then you can put two sets of pairs in each upper room, and the lower rooms (with fewer enemies) get a pair each. Then have everyone swarm up the stairs and take out the four enemies in the center at once. Just watch out for their skills.

The boss isn't that bad after that, all things considered.

It's finally happened. My FeMU in Birthright has hit max level. Which seal do I use? There's just too damn many of them now. I had enough trouble differentiating between Master/Second Seals in Awakening.

Max level in an unpromoted class? Master Seal, same as always.

Max level in a promoted class? Your only option is an Eternal Seal, which raises the unit's level cap by 5. Unlike Awakening, switching classes in and of itself no longer resets your level.

pariah164

Max level in an unpromoted class? Master Seal, same as always.

Max level in a promoted class? Your only option is an Eternal Seal, which raises the unit's level cap by 5. Unlike Awakening, switching classes in and of itself no longer resets your level.
Master Seal it is then. Thanks.

Is there a place where one can view units' in-game models? Kinda like to check them out every time I change classes with one of them.

Squire

Banned
I recorded these numbers because this is some XCOM RNG bullshit.

Enemy Boss Archer: 9 Health Remaining

Avatar, Yato 16DMG 87% chance to hit: MISS
Niles, Iron Bow 5DMG 72% chance to hit (first attack): HIT, 4 health remaining
Laslow Follow Up 6DMG 68% chance to hit: MISS
Enemy Boss Counter 14DMG 95% to hit, 15% chance to crit: LOL

Also had the damn boss surrounded. I was seconds away from clearing the map. I've spent like 4 hours trying to beat this damn map.

Damn, RNG gods are on my side today.

Ch 17 birthright. Landing a bazillion crits left and right while dodging the worst odds. 1% crit? Doesn't matter, it's happening. An absolute massacre lol.

edit: Jakob calm down. Your 6% crit is becoming 100% this whole freaking chapter. Everything is critting o_O

This right here is why I love the RNG in this game.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
How did I go this long not noticing my weapons weren't limited in use?? I don't know how I feel about that. But it bugs me they dropped that but kept stupid rng stat growth.

Necrovex

Took three days to download Conquest, but I finally succeeded! So I am interested in playing Birthright first as it is the easier FE title. I read once I downloaded the first title, the others would be significantly smaller. How much smaller are we talking about? If it's small enough, I may hotspot my phone and use data instead of searching for a reliable, non-horrific wifi spot.

Renewed

Master Seal it is then. Thanks.

Is there a place where one can view units' in-game models? Kinda like to check them out every time I change classes with one of them.

Tap on a unit's picture whether you're on the battlefield or at your Castle in your inventory.

Xenoflare

Finished conquest, I rushed a few things here and there and only unlocked two kids. Clocked on about 30 hours.
The final battle is all sorts of tears and pain

I love this game. It's going to be on my list of all time favorites.

On to continuing Birthright

Reached chap 10 in hard conquest and wow that chapter is pretty interesting. I am going to have lots of fun trying to survive. Any tips on getting all the houses or should i just not get them?

Impressive!!! Lunatic Classic, even?

I did it on the Japanese version, so I had knowledge on how to approach the levels. Took like a month to figure out the Japanese lunatic version blind. Conquest is probably the third hardest game in the series on Lunatic behind my favorite game New Mystery and Shadow Dragon.

Balphon

Reached chap 10 in hard conquest and wow that chapter is pretty interesting. I am going to have lots of fun trying to survive. Any tips on getting all the houses or should i just not get them?

You can get the two behind you before anything gets to you, but for the other two you'll need to push forward slightly from the choke points you'll likely want to hold near the front ballista. You could probably get the one on the right fairly safely with
Camilla
at some time when there aren't any archers over there, but I think stopping on that tile will aggro
Oboro

Am I doing something wrong or Conquest 27's enemies are REALLY, REALLY STRONG?

They fucking are

I don't remember what you get but since your funds are so limited, I recommend you to do it. Use Camilla

Zaventem

Just spent the last 5 hours figuring out who to marry taking into account pair up stats, growth rates/additional stat modifiers. I'm having fun and i haven't even went back to the game yet! This is like crack to me atm, Nintendo really delivered.

Asd202

So which version of the Aqua/Azura song do you like more? English or the original Japanese one? I think that Japanese one is better but English one is better than I expected it be.

Just spent the last 5 hours figuring out who to marry taking into account pair up stats, growth rates/additional stat modifiers. I'm having fun and i haven't even went back to the game yet! This is like crack to me atm, Nintendo really delivered.

Is there some kind of website that tells what stats mothers give? Also which skill from parents carries over the last set one like in Awakening?

spiritfox

So which version of the Aqua/Azura song do you like more? English or the original Japanese one? I think that Japanese one is better but English one is better than I expected it be.

Is there some kind of website that tells what stats mothers give? Also which skill from parents carries over the last set one like in Awakening?

There is this: https://inheritance-planner.herokuapp.com/

Skills inherited is the last one in the list of active skills.

Renewed

Invasion 2 made me rage

good lord.

lol I actually just did it, I left Oboro and Orochi to the left annihilating everything while the right had Jakob and Silas handing things there. I left Hinoka on the throne to tank everything and Takumi, Kaze, Azura and myself eliminated what came while Sakura healed. The rest was my layout providing support (puppets using Ballista) and healing us.

silva1991

lol I actually just did it, I left Oboro and Orochi to the left annihilating everything while the right had Jakob and Silas handing things there. I left Hinoka on the throne to tank everything and Takumi, Kaze, Azura and myself eliminated what came while Sakura healed. The rest was my layout providing support (puppets using Ballista) and healing us.

What happened to me is that one of the enemy units raeched the green spot and then it's game over lol

I almost threw my 3ds.

wwhat level where most of you units and after what chapter?

Renewed

Damn I wish I could pull the amiibo units' weapons off and assign them to other people.

What happened to me is that one of the enemy units raeched the green spot and then it's game over lol

I almost threw my 3ds.

wwhat level where most of you units and after what chapter?

I just finished chapter 17 on Hard and my units are promoted and around level 4-5. Before pairing her up, Hinoka has 26 Def / 29 Res while using a Guard Naginata. For the most part, everyone's Atk is anywhere between 30-40 so if I have a good chance of doubling, I could kill or have the enemies near death. Even then, just having Orochi in Attack Stance with Oboro's support was enough to kill each Wyvern Rider / have Malig Knights near death.

Zaventem

The folks at serenesforest figured out the formula a while back. It's different from awakening in that it only uses the mother and child in the calculation. There is no fancy site up yet to easily do it in a button press like they did for awakening but It's simple enough. (Variable parent’s growth rates + Child’s growth rates) / 2 then add class growth rates to figure out what you gain from a class. I did the exclusive kids first starting with the high capped, should also be easy if you look at those with 0 growths. Also each character has a unique pair up stats before adding the classes pair up stats.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Chapter 9 Conquest spoilers

LOL I used that Dragon Vein acid rain attack on EVERYONE, including all my party members (they were gathered in the middle). It's all good though, I finished off the remaining enemies and got a lot of EXP for my healers as I healed everyone back to health for the next 10 turns! lol

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Also had the damn boss surrounded. I was seconds away from clearing the map. I've spent like 4 hours trying to beat this damn map.

Yeah, that's why I switched from Classic to Casual. I can't stand such a long wasted time. I wish Classic mode had at least one check point per level, or something.

It kinda reminds me of playing DKC Tropical Freeze Hard mode (one hit KO) and having to play through 5 levels in a row without dying. It's too much.

vareon

How do you buy more Guard Naginata?

Only Oboro in my team has one and she's pretty much untouchable. Would be cool if I can give one to Hinoka.

Finished Conquest Normal/Classic yesterday and started Birthright Hard/Classic today. I'm really happy I chose Hard, because I'm up to Chapter 9 and everything has been pretty manageable compared to Conquest so far. Chapter 6 in particular was a shocking difference compared to Chapter 6 Conquest, which I reset 3-4 times yet beat Chapter 6 Birthright on my first try. Normal would have probably been too easy.

I'm trying to optimize my pairings this time, as opposed to Conquest where I just paired those who I thought would go nicely together. I'm going to grab all the kids on Birthright. Right now my big dilemma is that I want to marry Midori because she's a second gen unit and Replicate is pretty nice to have for your spouse, as they can pair up with you while still fighting. I'm not sure if I want to pair Kaze with Setsuna, so that Midori gets Archer and Bowfaire to complement Mechanist's access to bows while also giving Midori the closest thing to Kaze's wonderful green hair, or Mozu to get Aptitude. I know about buying skills but beyond grabbing Rend Heaven for my avatar I feel kind of dirty buying skills from anyone but my past playthroughs. The past playthroughs thing is also what's making me want to pick Mozu, as that means in Revelation my Kana and Midori can just buy Aptitude from my old save and I can use Mozu on someone else so that their kid gets Aptitude. I'm leaning toward Mozu but I dunno...

Anyone else feel compelled to play Classic mode despite restarting on character death? Having played FE7 back in the day I just can't bring myself to play without it. Even though it's a bit of a pain to restart the 3DS compared to the GBA.

Draxal

Anyone else feel compelled to play Classic mode despite restarting on character death? Having played FE7 back in the day I just can't bring myself to play without it. Even though it's a bit of a pain to restart the 3DS compared to the GBA.

That's how the majority of classic mode players play the game. Hell I even do the samething with casual, except I use casual in game saves because the battles take to long and i'm a skrub.

Rutger

Banned

I play Classic mode because I restart on any death. The series is just a lot more fun to me when letting a character die means game over.

Also, if you don't know, you can soft reset with L+R+Start, so resetting isn't any more complicated than the GBA games.

vareon

Get 480 visitor points through My Castle and the reward is a Guard Naginata.

Thanks!

Yeah, I do. It's essentially game over if any character dies. Some will say what's the point, but I find it the right balance. I can't sacrifice my way to victory and I also have to very carefully proceed in each map or risk restarting the entire map.

Press L+R+Start and it will reset the game to the title screen instead of having to power the whole system down or return to the Home Screen..

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Oh god 1 stat lvl ups on promoted units are the WORST.
Takumi got ZERO one time for me.

Edit: I was going to pair up Odin/Nyx, who are at B support as of chapter 12, but figured red haired Ophelia would look cooler so started to go with Luna/Odin. Bad idea?

spiritfox

Birthright done. It's certainly better than Awakening, though the story is not particularly interesting. Music was pretty great, the final boss battle in particular. Time for Conquest.

mjc

I've got a couple questions on things that are confusing me:

Is there an easy way to compare stats on weapons you can buy? It seems like in the store, it doesn't show how it positively or negatively affects you versus your already equipped weapon.

With castle defense, if the CPU destroys buildings, do I lose them until I rebuild them again between missions? Seems lame that they can come from three sides leaving only a few units to defend things.

Vamphuntr

Is there an easy way to compare stats on weapons you can buy? It seems like in the store, it doesn't show how it positively or negatively affects you versus your already equipped weapon.

With castle defense, if the CPU destroys buildings, do I lose them until I rebuild them again between missions? Seems lame that they can come from three sides leaving only a few units to defend things.

Buildings are only destroyed for the battle (you lose the battle bonus they give) and are automatically repaired.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Birthright done. It's certainly better than Awakening, though the story is not particularly interesting. Music was pretty great, the final boss battle in particular. Time for Conquest.
Speaking from the perspective of someone who's beaten Birthright and is at Chapter 12 of Conquest, the story in Birthright is better, but the gameplay in Conquest is better.

Is there an easy way to compare stats on weapons you can buy? It seems like in the store, it doesn't show how it positively or negatively affects you versus your already equipped weapon

When in the shop, you can tap on the weapons on the touchscreen to see their info.

Draxal

Takumi got ZERO one time for me.

Edit: I was going to pair up Odin/Nyx, who are at B support as of chapter 12, but figured red haired Ophelia would look cooler so started to go with Luna/Odin. Bad idea?

Luna's only if you really a want Red Ophelia otherwise she hurts her badly as a mom, Ophelia really really wants Felicia/Elise/Nyx as a mom.

Top Bottom