• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Shinypogs

Need some advice, guys.

Currently on Chapter 17 (Conquest / Classic / Hard) and I've still got units at level 10 I want to level (I've just turned Odin into a Samurai and his stats look hilarious but I want him levelling)

Obvs pairing all my high def units on my lowered ones but due to the speed of the enemies on this map they're still getting battered.

Is there any easy way to train low level units on Conquest? I know on awakening you could download the teams from wireless to parley against, or have I left it too late now for these units?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers
The paralogues for the children of azura, your avatar, kaze and silas are all easy as hell regardless of difficulty setting or where you are chapter wise in each campaign. If you don't have them unlocked yet you can always grind support levels safely in my castle battles and then do them to level up the members who are lagging behind.

That said remember that exp is precious and limited in conquest ( unless you buy the exp dlc) so you want to be making sure the units you are putting effort into are the ones you want in your main team come endgame.

Also remember that it's much easier to equip a lowish might weapon, preferably with no crit ( to prevent accidental kills) on your tanky characters. You let them take a beating during the enemy phase then switch and clean up the kill with your weaker characters on the next player phase.

Can't say I agree with you. I'm one of those who find rout mission to be stale and uninteresting, which is why I really didn't liked Awakening all that much. Coming from Tellius FE, it's like I'm back at home again with Conquest as it had more interesting missions than Birthright, which is a continuation of Awakening in that regards.

Now I am only at chapter 17 of Conquest (taking it real slow), but so far it feels like it had a good mix of different mission types I thought.
I dont find that mission objective in fire emblem really matters, its all map design. I had a lot of fun with Revelations maps where the objective was just Seize or defeat boss, but the map design was so good.

Its where I feel Conquest was weakest, there were lots of objectives, but I found the maps to be the weakest by far.

I dont find that mission objective in fire emblem really matters, its all map design. I had a lot of fun with Revelations maps where the objective was just Seize or defeat boss, but the map design was so good.

Its where I feel Conquest was weakest, there were lots of objectives, but I found the maps to be the weakest by far.

lol

Revelation's maps are by far the worst of the 3 routes

Finished up Conquest yesterday, after Birthright it was a real breath of fresh air. For all the talk of Birthright being like Awakening it sure didn't feel like it, aside from the lack of grinding I felt that Conquest was far more satisfying as someone who adored Awakening.

The storyline was engaging, characters had more varied personalities and classes, the music was fantastic at times and most importantly unlike Birthright it didn't encourage you to turtle up in a corner for 20 turns while you weather through waves of reinforcements. That final mission as well was a nail biter, I didn't know that only had to kill
Takumi
and not the other unit paired with them so it came down to a do-or-die suicide charge 1 turn before I lost multiple units to all the monsters that spawned (thank god for Enfeeble). Onto Revelations now!

PK Gaming

Okay i'll bite.

In what way?

And how could it possibly have weaker map design than Revelations

Almost done with Birthright and the difficulty seems to have cranked up a fair bit since chapter 22 or whatever that
volcano
level was. Lots of my units are getting torn to shreds in seconds meanwhile my Corrin is an unstoppable demon. Given up on a lot of units already including Hana with her health going up a grand total of 6 points in 20 levels. My Takumi's speed is gutter trash so he's benched.

If I intend on going to Conquest when I'm done is there any point unlocking the rest of the kids? Is there any kind of way to pull my units from the other paths like that Einherjar shop?

Linkark07

Banned

Wait, what? How can you find Conquest maps the weakest after playing some Revelations chapters like 7 or 9?

Shinypogs

Almost done with Birthright and the difficulty seems to have cranked up a fair bit since chapter 22 or whatever that
volcano
level was. Lots of my units are getting torn to shreds in seconds meanwhile my Corrin is an unstoppable demon. Given up on a lot of units already including Hana with her health going up a grand total of 6 points in 20 levels. My Takumi's speed is gutter trash so he's benched.

If I intend on going to Conquest when I'm done is there any point unlocking the rest of the kids? Is there any kind of way to pull my units from the other paths like that Einherjar shop?

Each time you beat the game you can put 5 units into your logbook and recruit them ( for a cost) in any other playthrough.
You want to unlock kids to get their support convos with parents and each other if you care about that.

Each time you beat the game you can put 5 units into your logbook and recruit them ( for a cost) in any other playthrough.
You want to unlock kids to get their support convos with parents and each other if you care about that.

Oh nice. I'd hate to have to play the completionist 3 times with this. Am I wrong or are all the kids accessible in Revelations?

I found conquest maps to sit on two sides of an extreme, maps were either too wide open (7, 8, 13) or too claustrophobic (9, 14(bad in birthright too), 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 25, 26).

Maps that didnt fall under this ended up being the best maps (10, 11, 12, 23, 24), other than maps like 15 which just wasnt fun because of how limited it was. The same map in revelations was a lot more fun, and 19 which was no fun because every enemy is exactly the same.

27/28 are also the worst conclusion maps of the 3 games. Both birthright and and Revelations present a map that is daunting with unit count and a crazy boss. Conquest is just a lame little hallway. I dont think any of them are that amazing except for Revelations 28 though.

Revelations maps forced a switching between big and small thinking. Making units appear in the ice then moving in the right characters to attack, Unlocking doors at a choke but then spreading out into the room beyond. Forming passageways to bring your units together between boats. Constantly shifting barricades. Just a lot more thinking a head. Revelations still had a few lame maps like 10, 11, and 13. However by the end game I was truly enjoying every map. 27 was the only map design that was weak, encounter looked fun but I just cheesed the boss so i cant comment too much on it.

Velcro Fly

Finished Birthright 23 last night. It was a fun and interesting experience. I'm lucky that I carry a lot of units that are able to use healing staves. It is a pretty fun and well designed map until you finally get in range and Camilla leaves the Dragon Veins to come fight you.

It was basically leaving units in range of the fire or in range of an enemy but never both. Once you clear out the middle of the high move enemies you can safely leave pairs in the middle and have two turns to get them to safety and heal them.

Also I changed my Corrin to a Great Knight and he's grinding up weapon ranks and has like almost 50 HP now.

Also Takumi crit Camilla for 225 damage. Takumi Emblem indeed. I even have brought his son to maps lately because I spots for more units and his stats and class make him really good.

Think I'll finish the game off by Thursday or Friday. I've really enjoyed the game but I want to run with the Nohrians now. It is torture seeing them in Birthright knowing it will be a while before I can play as them. I like most characters so this split really is taking a toll on me.

Lynx_7

I'm currently in mission 20 on Birthright and what is happening here? I am completely taken aback by how extremely easy this is. I have played Conquest on Hard / Classic before and am playing Birthright right now in the same setting and I reaally want to up the difficulty. There was only one map I had to play twice so far (on the ship, where the flying units
suddenly go after you
) and I haven't even grinded any, outside of the first few missions to get my support with Kaze up to A... You know why. It's a shame that you cannot up the difficulty. The difference in quality between Conquest and Birthright definitely is huge. The improved mechanics are of course well present in Birthright as well, but the tight mission design, the carefully planned difficulty progression and yes, even the characters, are considerably weaker. Since Conquest is, as I see it, the best Fire Emblem (and by extension, SRPG) I have ever played, this certainly does not mean Birthright is bad, but it is a huge let-down after Conquest.

How is Revelations by comparison, should I go for Lunatic there? Conquest was perfect, at the higher ceiling of what I want difficulty wise, in hard / classic, Birthright is too easy. I don't want to furstrate myself to no end with Lunatic, but I don't want to just walk through it either.

If it's any consolation, upping the difficulty wouldn't have fixed anything. I played Conquest on Hard/Classic and Birthright on Lunatic/Classic and the latter was still much, much easier than the former regardless of the fact that I never grinded at all. All Lunatic does is crank up reinforcements to fucking ridiculous amounts so you spend forever on Rout maps you should've cleared about 10 turns earlier if not for them throwing units at you every other turn. All it did was make things more tedious for me. By the end of it, I got so sick of it all I just benched everyone and soloed the last two maps with Corrin and Ryoma. Quite effortlessly.

BlackJace

Oh lord, I broke my avatar.

Master of Arms lv 20 with a 199 Rating.

She's getting silly kills. I can send her solo for basically all challenge maps lmao.

KiraFA37

Storywise I'm just not feeling it for Conquest or Birthright. Both stories condense down to yelling to your brother to return (exception, Takumi,
he just wants to kill you)
walking to the others capital, conquering it and killing the evil of this world. Can't comment on relavations yet. But one thing that annoys me is
the cheap killing for Lilith in both paths, you don't see her for 15 chapters and then she suddenly saves your life just for the added drama factor?

In other news got sick of my Conquest campaign (got to chapter 22?) and deleted the save, now I played both Birthright and Conquest with having finished neither. And I just checked my hours played... 72 hours already!? Maybe I should finish my restarted Birthright campaign this time...

Not going to lie GAF, I'm on the penultimate chapter of Birthright, and I loved it but I honestly didn't really get much out of playing on Classic Mode. Just felt like a ball ache to me, especially playing on Hard Mode. I may go back to Casual + Hard Mode for Conquest, which is what I played Awakening on originally. I just felt as though it added nothing to the experience.

Also, great characters aside,
the story is pretty bad, yikes

Golnei

Also, great characters aside,
the story is pretty bad, yikes

And it only gets worse from there.

Storywise I'm just not feeling it for Conquest or Birthright. Both stories condense down to yelling to your brother to return (exception, Takumi,
he just wants to kill you)
walking to the others capital, conquering it and killing the evil of this world. Can't comment on relavations yet. But one thing that annoys me is
the cheap killing for Lilith in both paths, you don't see her for 15 chapters and then she suddenly saves your life just for the added drama factor?

The enforced parallels between routes didn't do any favours to their already-weak narratives, but
Lilith's sacrifice
wasn't really justified in either. In general, she could have been written out completely with very little changing...

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Finished Birthright 23 last night. It was a fun and interesting experience. I'm lucky that I carry a lot of units that are able to use healing staves. It is a pretty fun and well designed map until you finally get in range and Camilla leaves the Dragon Veins to come fight you.

It was basically leaving units in range of the fire or in range of an enemy but never both. Once you clear out the middle of the high move enemies you can safely leave pairs in the middle and have two turns to get them to safety and heal them.

Also I changed my Corrin to a Great Knight and he's grinding up weapon ranks and has like almost 50 HP now.

Also Takumi crit Camilla for 225 damage. Takumi Emblem indeed. I even have brought his son to maps lately because I spots for more units and his stats and class make him really good.

Think I'll finish the game off by Thursday or Friday. I've really enjoyed the game but I want to run with the Nohrians now. It is torture seeing them in Birthright knowing it will be a while before I can play as them. I like most characters so this split really is taking a toll on me.
Same mission, also played it yesterday in the evening. This and the volcano mission are the two best missions I have played so far in Birthright. Unusual strategy needed, nice map design, overall just really well-made encounters.

If it's any consolation, upping the difficulty wouldn't have fixed anything. I played Conquest on Hard/Classic and Birthright on Lunatic/Classic and the latter was still much, much easier than the former regardless of the fact that I never grinded at all. All Lunatic does is crank up reinforcements to fucking ridiculous amounts so you spend forever on Rout maps you should've cleared about 10 turns earlier if not for them throwing units at you every other turn. All it did was make things more tedious for me. By the end of it, I got so sick of it all I just benched everyone and soloed the last two maps with Corrin and Ryoma. Quite effortlessly.
Actually, it is, I feel the swarms of weak reinforcements in hard are actually too much already. Not because they are dangerous, but because I spend half the time in many maps just sitting there, letting my tanky units take 0-1 damage from reinforcements and killing them off with my bow and magic users in second line. I certainly would not enjoy stretching that "sitting around" time too much. Do enemies not gain nasty skills or something in Lunatic? In Hard they hard have any useful skills, where in Conquest the skills were time and time again giving me a headache.

Not going to lie GAF, I'm on the penultimate chapter of Birthright, and I loved it but I honestly didn't really get much out of playing on Classic Mode. Just felt like a ball ache to me, especially playing on Hard Mode. I may go back to Casual + Hard Mode for Conquest, which is what I played Awakening on originally. I just felt as though it added nothing to the experience.
If you already feel annoyed by classic mode in Birthright (at least up to mission 23), then you should probably play in Casual in Conquest, thought it probably makes it considerably easier. But remember to not to continue using characters that just keep on dieing on you. You should always consider if a character is worthy of obtaining exp that others could get instead.

Interestingly, it looks like I will max out no character in Birthright, but I got almost all of my active characters to 20/20 in Conquest (some 20/25), yet the enemies still feel weaker. Also, I'm really missing the characters from the Nohr side. I don't know if they are better written or if it's just that I associate them with the better game though. No real attachment to anyone but Rinkah in Birthright, whereas it always hurts me to defeat the beloved Nohr characters.

Does anyone have any tips for Conquest chapter 16,
Invasion? The ship one

which soldier is the traitor?

Always one of my men/women die after the first round

Also, what cast have you guys got? Are there any specific people I should keep etc ?

Yoshi

Also, what cast have you guys got? Are there any specific people I should keep etc ?

Other than the obvious Xander, Camilla and Leo (best magic user in the game that I know), I can particularly recommend Effie. Also Keaton is a great choice, because he has high attack values and strength against a lot of enemies. However, he has rather weak defense. The two bow users Niles and Shura can be mighty helpful, because they double as bow users and healers while being reasonably usable as both, if you upgrade them to Adventurer at Level 20. Helped me a lot.

EDIT: Keep in mind, that if I give recommendations, this is always based on the character using only those weapons available to him without buying additional weapons. If some characters get a lot better by buying certain weapons for them, I would not know.

The boss will always be the last soldier you check, there's no way to have him reveal himself early.

Well that sucks :/

Other than the obvious Xander, Camilla and Leo (best magic user in the game that I know), I can particularly recommend Effie. Also Keaton is a great choice, because he has high attack values and strength against a lot of enemies. However, he has rather weak defense. The two bow users Niles and Shura can be mighty helpful, because they double as bow users and healers while being reasonably usable as both, if you upgrade them to Adventurer at Level 20. Helped me a lot.

EDIT: Keep in mind, that if I give recommendations, this is always based on the character using only those weapons available to him without buying additional weapons. If some characters get a lot better by buying certain weapons for them, I would not know.

Thanks for the help :D

I will try again and see what fits (and doesn't ;) ) and see if I can finally do this chapter... Swear it's getting harder as the game goes on, makes me wonder what else is to come :0

so I finally finished hidden truths.

Holy shit, what a supreme example of story content that should not have been locked away by DLC. It answers a lot of questions, and its actually told better than most of the main story. I find one of the problems with this games story telling was how rushed every scene was. What should have been a 20 line conversation happened in 2 lines. Hidden Truths didn't have that issue, it was told with proper length.

Now I have to play map pack 2, hopefully the maps are better than hidden truths

Also Keaton is a great choice, because he has high attack values and strength against a lot of enemies. However, he has rather weak defense.
What?? Keaton has amazing defence with Beastrune, and IIRC you don't even need to buy it (comes as a drop I think).

Edit: actually Keaton comes with it

Yoshi

What?? Keaton has amazing defence with Beastrune, and IIRC you don't even need to buy it (comes as a drop I think).

Edit: actually Keaton comes with it
Yeah, I had beastrune. The problem with Beastrune is that it also takes away some of the advantage of Keaton's strength and the huge amount of enemies with weapons particularly dangerous to him makes him very vulnerable, even with Beastrune. Keaton is a fantastic character nevertheless, but he cannot function as a tank he has to be used a lot more careful than the royals or allmighty Effie (really, she was my greatest asset, better than Xanders in the end).

Shinypogs

I'm so confused yoshi, keaton makes a great tank and even beast bane or beast killers should not be one rounding him except maybe on lunatic. Now he's not as good as his daughter who with the right mom can still reliably double even with the beast rune decreasing their speed.

Outside of benny who can build enough defense and res to make even lunatic enemies give up on hitting him the two wolfskins have always been some of my better tanks along with effie. Could be I've always just gotten good rng on their growths though.

Yoshi

I'm so confused yoshi, keaton makes a great tank and even beast bane or beast killers should not be one rounding him except maybe on lunatic. Now he's not as good as his daughter who with the right mom can still reliably double even with the beast rune decreasing their speed.

Outside of benny who can build enough defense and res to make even lunatic enemies give up on hitting him the two wolfskins have always been some of my better tanks along with effie. Could be I've always just gotten good rng on their growths though.

I've only played through Conquest once (Hard), so it's probably more likely that I got unlucky with his defense growths (I also never reset for bad growths, even if a character gains absolutely no stat gain in a level up), but in most maps there were quite consistently a multitude of enemies that could one hit kill Keaton and he could always never be used to bait enemies. In player round he was an absolute beast though, because he, in turn, could kill even very strong enemies in a single round.

Wow these hit percentages mean absolutely nothing on this last Birthright mission. Seeing stuff under 20% connect non-stop. Even had an 8% chance to hit, 8% chance to crit attack wipe Ryoma lmao

Anyway, that's Birthright down. The ass pull
bonus chapter with no save
sure ticked me off. Took forever to get the first part down and then they spring that on top.
I ended up planning it out and going kamikaze. Took a fair chunk of the boss' health the first turn but Corrin got a debuff which made him practically useless on the second turn. Also needed to drag along Azura to sing so I could get in range, obviously she got bopped. Lost Silas as well because I needed an extra move and I hadn't used him in forever. The only death that annoyed me was Rhajat since I really wanted to save her unit. Damage wise she was second only to Corrin excluding Ryoma's OP sword that crits 2/3rds of the time. The ending was pretty much a bloodbath. I had Ryoma do a ranged attack for a pittance worth of damage which returned like 39 or something crazy like that, holy shit! After that I said screw it and rolled the dice, sent in Kana hoping she'd at least connect, instead she styled on him with a Dragon Fang to close it out. I couldn't be more proud ;_;

So (plot spoiler)
Garon was just an evil dragon the whole time? Is that it?

I don't remember enough about Awakening to say which I liked more but this was pretty sweet.

Luke_Wal

After playing about halfway through at launch, I've gotten big into Birthright this week and I'm on chapter 25. Would you guys recommend going right into Conquest, or playing Rhythm Heaven Fever first as a palette cleanser? Or should I just skip to Revelations?

Also: are these map packs good? They seem like a lot of money for Paralogue/Xenologues without a lot of story.

PS: Why do all the higher tier weapons have huge stat decreases/downsides on them? I don't remember this being a feature in Awakening, which I think I might have preferred. And don't even get me started on how the Dragonstone units only have 1 range now...

Hazmat

After playing about halfway through at launch, I've gotten big into Birthright this week and I'm on chapter 25. Would you guys recommend going right into Conquest, or playing Rhythm Heaven Fever first as a palette cleanser? Or should I just skip to Revelations?

Also: are these map packs good? They seem like a lot of money for Paralogue/Xenologues without a lot of story.

PS: Why do all the higher tier weapons have huge stat decreases/downsides on them? I don't remember this being a feature in Awakening, which I think I might have preferred. And don't even get me started on how the Dragonstone units only have 1 range now...

I would recommend taking a break between the paths unless you're really eager for more FE. I went straight from Birthright to Conquest to Revelations and lost interest halfway through Rev. Definitely play Conquest before Rev though.

NeonZ

The 2 Awakening trio maps and the 6 children ones actually have a lot of story - more than most standard story chapters - although you don't actually use your own party in those. There are also new skill scrolls and class change seals with the various maps. You really should only play the children ones after everything else though, or at least after Conquest and Birthright - it has its own ending sequence which is even more conclusive than Revelation's.

And it only gets worse from there.

The story is WORSE in Conquest? God help me. I may play through Tokyo Mirage Sessions instead of diving straight into it then.

If you already feel annoyed by classic mode in Birthright (at least up to mission 23), then you should probably play in Casual in Conquest, thought it probably makes it considerably easier. But remember to not to continue using characters that just keep on dieing on you. You should always consider if a character is worthy of obtaining exp that others could get instead.

Thing is, I think it's less the fact that I keep restarting every time a character dies, and more the fact that I just don't really 'get' it. It's super satisfying when I have maps that are clean runs, with no deaths, and really thrilling, but I don't feel it adds anything beyond that. Just playing on Hard/Lunatic mode offers a great enough challenge.

May I also just say, Lv.20 Spearmaster Hinoka is OP fam. Fuck. Best tank in Birthright.

NeonZ

The story is WORSE in Conquest? God help me. I may play through Tokyo Mirage Sessions instead of diving straight into it then.

Compared to Birthright, it depends on how much you can stand the protagonist doing bad things due to a plot device - like Micaiah's chapters in the 3rd part of Radiant Dawn. Conquest has a more consistent story arc than Birthright though. The chapters are still "episodic", with little attention on the overall conflict, but it does a better job tying the narrative together like how in the early chapters you're going in random errands to prove your loyalty to Nohr, rather than going in random errands due to characters randomly disappearing. Although aside from the plot device mentioned previously, there's a rather glaring story point in Conquest that somehow gets overlooked by all characters and it often uses plot devices to avoid directly dirtying the hands of the avatar.

Velcro Fly

Finished Birthright.

Truly felt like I got an ending but one that I wasn't satisfied with in the grand scheme of things.

On to Conquest. Conquest 6 sucked. I'm terrible at this game and I got lucky on a 25% chance to hit and it did and that was what helped bring down Ryoma.

Not sure how much grinding I'll do. Likely only to get paralogues to play. I want Conquest to be hard(er) than Birthright.

Playing casual again though. I just don't feel like restarting chapters over and over.

I just picked up this game yesterday
the Birthright version, please don't mock me.
it really is looking like a solid improvement over Awakening and that was my first ever FE game. But am I the only one noticing an improvement in image quality / resolution (over Awakening)? Or am I imagining things?

Xenoflare

Finished Birthright.

Truly felt like I got an ending but one that I wasn't satisfied with in the grand scheme of things.

On to Conquest. Conquest 6 sucked. I'm terrible at this game and I got lucky on a 25% chance to hit and it did and that was what helped bring down Ryoma.

Not sure how much grinding I'll do. Likely only to get paralogues to play. I want Conquest to be hard(er) than Birthright.

Playing casual again though. I just don't feel like restarting chapters over and over.

Did you use Elise's freeze staff on Ryoma

Because her stats are static and the staves she gets when she joins in Chapter 7 is actually different even though it's the same staves

Velcro Fly

Did you use Elise's freeze staff on Ryoma

Because her stats are static and the staves she gets when she joins in Chapter 7 is actually different even though it's the same staves

My video game instincts always tell me not to use that stuff :(

And really it was Hinoka/Takumi coming over before that fight is done that kept ruining me.

I figured there was an easier way than what I was doing though

Xenoflare

My video game instincts always tell me not to use that stuff :(

And really it was Hinoka/Takumi coming over before that fight is done that kept ruining me.

I figured there was an easier way than what I was doing though

I just send Leo to Takumi/Hinoka's Aggero Zone with Corrin next to him, and let Corrin finish Takumi the next player phase and Jakob weakens Hinoka for Corrin, IDK about Felicia though since I never used her and she may or may not withstand Hinoka's attacks.

Pair up Xander with Camilla and have Elise Freeze Ryoma as necessary, don't count on Enemy Phases since Ryoma has a skill that grants him 20 avo when starting the attack. Heal everyone using Jakob for dem exp, and since all royal siblings have static stats means Elise won't get anything from healing

Yukimura is a bit of pushover, this strategy worked for me on all difficulties and I never have to touch Sakura

Wow I've done a lot of Conquest 6

I would recommend taking a break between the paths unless you're really eager for more FE. I went straight from Birthright to Conquest to Revelations and lost interest halfway through Rev. Definitely play Conquest before Rev though.
Hell I went from Birthright to Conquest and am still burned out at chapter 19. Overwatch and #FE can only hold me so long, though.

woopWOOP

Whoever said that
Lilith's death
in Birthright was out of the blue wasn't kidding. Way to be a hero ya dope.
The main character's horrified gasp noise made it all that much more hilarious.

By the way, I forgot, did the stat bonuses of the children carry over into the Kana they'd be able to get with the MC? As in another round of +1's for every stat across the board?

Yoshi

Yes, that was quite weak. I also (spoiler for Chapter 26 Birthright)
think that the story of Xander is hilariously bad. So Xander decides mid-battle that Corrin's cause must be just and that he hopes that Corrin wins. He then lets Corrin win and kill himself. And tells Corrin about it afterwards, so it's not even to boost his confidence. What is the point in doing that rather than just giving up?

think that the story of Xander is hilariously bad. So Xander decides mid-battle that Corrin's cause must be just and that he hopes that Corrin wins. He then lets Corrin win and kill himself. And tells Corrin about it afterwards, so it's not even to boost his confidence. What is the point in doing that rather than just giving up?

Pride/Loyality. Nothing more, nothing less.

Camus Archtype in Fire Emblem

Yoshi

Pride/Loyality. Nothing more, nothing less.

Camus Archtype in Fire Emblem
There's nothing loyal in
letting the opposing force win
and there is nothing to be proud about in that either. Or at least nothing I am aware of?

Mephala

Welp. I lost Hinata and am having Hana as backup. I just promoted her and she is roughly on par with my Ryoma now though Ryoma has the better swords. Then I gave her a Sunrise Katana and now she is pimping dual katanas. She has become my dodge tank. RNG gods hate me and I doubt I'll give her my precious stat up items so she will likely always die in a single hit if she gets hit at all. I should have been more careful with Hinata, at least he can survive 1 hit.

Yoshi

I'm currently playing through my side missions in Fire Emblem Fates and that's quite a tricky thing to do right before the final mission, at least for Ryoma's child. I needed to buy an additional rescue staff and now have to start the mission with three uses of rescue staffs from different characters. Quite crazy that Shiro is immediately suiciding if I ever let him do a move. I guess this mission was meant to be played a bit earlier? Also, Kana's mission is a bit more difficult with my Hoshido team than it was with my Conquest team. However, the amount of experience I have gained is enormous, I now have Corrin and Ryoma at level 20/20 and some more characters really close to it. Considering there are three more side missions to do after the Shiro one, I suspect I will probably have quite a few 20/25ers on the final mission (and a bunch of 20/18 child characters on the bench in case I need them in the real final mission).

Lynx_7

The short answer is that your siblings' motivations in Nohr are just as contrived as the plot of Conquest, Xander specially so. Every single sibling fight lacks weight because of that. That's Birthright for you.

It's like they really took Awakening's criticism to heart and then said "you know what, let's make not one, but three abysmal stories so Awakening ends up looking better in retrospect and make those little shits think twice before ever criticizing a serviceable plot again". And then next game we'll go back to Awakening levels of plot and everyone will rejoice by how much better it is compared to Fates. A strategy as cunning as Robin himself!
Just make sure to give me Conquest level gameplay and I'll be thrilled regardless.

Yoshi

Just finished Hoshido. The final mission was really... suprisingly easy, considering the game got a bit more difficult towards the end. Absolutely no match for the final mission of Nohr, which was actually quite dangerous. Only two casualties and had I know that the level is so easy, I could have just not sent in my bait units. Now on to Revelations, let's see if I can finish it before Zero Escape 3 makes it here :).

-shadow-

Just finished Birthright myself, story is rather boring but I liked it just fine as a means to progress the game. Game on normal was really ridiculously easy though. Haven't lost a single unit, only had to reset three times (twice of which because of the same dumb mistake) and that was it. The final mission also was rather weird in terms of difficulty. Way to easy, even easier than the chapter before that...

Well time for Conquest I guess starting tomorrow.

Top Bottom