• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

pahamrick

Thanks a bunch, I'll try to make a decision... the big issue is basically that both me and my GF want to play the whole game on separate systems, hopefully at the same time, for as cheap as possible...

Yeah, that would complicate things. You'd both need to purchase Revelation for your respective systems in order to play it though.

Aside from the fact that the SE has been sold out since the first day it went up, it's out of reach for people who might have gotten on board afterwards. And it doesn't help for folks like Vinc.

The OT doesn't really make it clear. Is it 13,000 block for both campaigns together or each and how many blocks exactly will Revelations be? I'm getting Conquest on cart and downloading Birthright and Revelations, how much space will I need?

pahamrick

The OT doesn't really make it clear. Is it 13,000 block for both campaigns together or each and how many blocks exactly will Revelations be? I'm getting Conquest on cart and downloading Birthright and Revelations, how much space will I need?

I read elsewhere that the Japanese SE cart which had Conquest and Birthright was a little over 2GB, so you should be looking at right around 1.5-2GB for Birthright and Revelations, I'd wager.

So my Best Buy Special Edition order says it's ready to pick up. I'm curious to see whether or not it's really ready or just an error.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So my Best Buy Special Edition order says it's ready to pick up. I'm curious to see whether or not it's really ready or just an error.
Mine too! I won't be able to try to pickup until the end of the day so please report back if they let you grab it.

Good luck!

we dont know the block size for revelations as it wont be available for 3 weeks but thanks to leaks its less than 2000 blocks for the other version as DLC or 234.6 MB if ya wanna be specific.

woopWOOP

lol Sakura

Ofcourse both sides have a brother worshipping little sister, goddamnit IS

Nice OP, didn't see any of that official art before. Arrgh, now the wait is becoming unbearable. Why NoE :(

Poppincaps

Neo Member
Also, im getting the special edition so I have a question:

Is there any gameplay reasons to play Birthright BEFORE playing Conquest or no?

Birthright is easier and less complex so you'll be able to get yourself back into the SRPG mindset if you haven't played on in a while. Also, you might be a little less forgiving towards Birthright's straightforward mission structure after playing Conquest.

If you are getting all of the versions anyways then I really see no reason not to play Birthright first.

Fireblend

Banned
My SE is arriving tomorrow from Amazon in Miami but I'm in Costa Rica and I'll have to wait an extra week for it to get here and pray to the gods the box doesn't get too damaged :( hold me gaf I want to play this now

Chrom

New to the Fire Emblem Fates games, you can use Second Seal items to give spouses the same character class.

Unrelated, but this particular line from the press release ought to have been rephrased to just say that Partner Seals do this. Second Seals from Awakening, including their functionality of resetting a unit's level upon use, do not exist in Fates.

Linkark07

Banned
My SE is arriving tomorrow from Amazon in Miami but I'm in Costa Rica and I'll have to wait an extra week for it to get here and pray to the gods the box doesn't get too damaged :( hold me gaf I want to play this now

We are in the same situation.

Lets hope everything goes fine.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
My SE from Amazon hasn't shipped yet. It still says it's set to arrive tomorrow by 8pm but it's in preparing for shipment phase... how likely is it that this will arrive in time?

Yet again I told my husband: "I'm done buying games for awhile, I have so many already!" and I truly believed it...until yesterday when I bought Conquest and the Season Pass for The Division. GAF, will you let me move in with you when I'm kicked out?

I read elsewhere that the Japanese SE cart which had Conquest and Birthright was a little over 2GB, so you should be looking at right around 1.5-2GB for Birthright and Revelations, I'd wager.

we dont know the block size for revelations as it wont be available for 3 weeks but thanks to leaks its less than 2000 blocks for the other version as DLC or 234.6 MB if ya wanna be specific.
Okay cool, thanks. 2000 isn't bad at all. Also, do we not know Revelations size from the Japanese version.

Ryuukan

My SE from Amazon hasn't shipped yet. It still says it's set to arrive tomorrow by 8pm but it's in preparing for shipment phase... how likely is it that this will arrive in time?

Amazon has lots of warehouses, usually within 1 day of ground shipping from most people

I'll be Female Birthright, Male Conquest, Female Revelation. I like playing as female if I can choose, but I wanted to be male at least once. Luckily I wanted to marry Camilla anyways for crucial strategy reasons.

HowlTowers

Neo Member
Few questions.
Not sure if answered or if its common knowledge of previous Fire Emblems but how many units can you take into the field assuming you have enough characters. I have only played Awakening and can't seem to remember but was it 15?

How is street pass like? My lady and I are planning on getting different version and I would like to know if there is any benefits to street passing several times or would I be able to recruit her Corrin into my game.

L95

Hum, I'm picking up my SE at Gamestop, they're doing an early opening for the game, so that's nice I guess.

Question for those who have played the Japanese release: are same-turn reinforcements back in Hard and above? I heard elsewhere they were gone, but wished to confirm. As someone who only plays on Hard and above this was a big gripe of mine in Awakening (which I otherwise loved, warts and all); trial-and-error scenarios break the difficulty curve like crazy and are not a good fit for this series.

Question for those who have played the Japanese release: are same-turn reinforcements back in Hard and above? I heard elsewhere they were gone, but wished to confirm. As someone who only plays on Hard and above this was a big gripe of mine in Awakening (which I otherwise loved, warts and all); trial-and-error scenarios break the difficulty curve like crazy and are not a good fit for this series.

Nope they're gone on all difficulties now.

I didn't actually play the Japanese release just letting you know

L95

They're gone, yeah.

B00TE

Great OT!
Conquest is preloaded and ready. Will grab Birthright as well to have it in english. Hyped to jump back into the game!

ryseing

Going to kill Amazon. Paid for one day shipping for my CE, said it was going to be here Friday up until last night. Checked this morning, it's saying Monday.

It's shipping from VA (I'm in NC). How does it take three days to get here? USPS that's how. Goddamnit Amazon.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Still salty over that SE. I was just too slow.

Well, getting here was a long, weird road for GAF, but I'm still in. Let's do this

Great OP, BTW

Fate has inadvertently led you to the superior choice.
It might frustrate me to no end, but I'll power through it.
Going to kill Amazon. Paid for one day shipping for my CE, said it was going to be here Friday up until last night. Checked this morning, it's saying Monday.

It's shipping from VA (I'm in NC). How does it take three days to get here? USPS that's how. Goddamnit Amazon.
I'm in the same boat. Didn't pay for 1 day shipping but should have gotten 2 day shipping for Prime, and mines not getting here until Tuesday (ordered yesterday).

Swamped

Banned
Absolutely can't wait for Friday! I've been on media blackout for this game - I watched the first trailer way back when, but I have no idea who all the characters are. Starting with Conquest, who's with me?

Hazmat

Nope they're gone on all difficulties now.

I didn't actually play the Japanese release just letting you know

That's great to hear. I hated same-turn reinforcements, it made it frustrating when you were trying to level up a weaker character by including them in the battle.

Lunar15

I'm just super stoked to know that IS went through the trouble to address so many of the issues long-time fans of the series had with Awakening's gameplay, even in Hoshido. They really could have just pumped out a sequel to Awakening without listening to that crowd, but they really did a great job looking into and balancing a lot of elements while still retaining basically everything everyone loved about Awakening. That's not even including the fact that Nohr is way more traditional, which is something they really didn't have to do.

I enjoyed Awakening and was prepared for the series to move forward under what that established. To see that they still keep all fans in mind feels really good.

ryseing

I'm in the same boat. Didn't pay for 1 day shipping but should have gotten 2 day shipping for Prime, and mines not getting here until Tuesday (ordered yesterday).

I've had this preorder for months. Got mine in right after the direct.

I originally had two day release date shipping thanks to Prime but I had to update my payment method which bumped it back to Monday. Figured $4 was worth it to play over the weekend and I got a Friday estimate again. Now this shit. Absolutely ridiculous.

Animekatt

Great OT, love the character descriptions.

Anyone who ordered the LE from Bestbuy have it ship yet? Finding it a little odd that there's only one day to go and I haven't gotten a notice..

I'm still checking my order, waiting for the change...

When I order ship to home from them, my stuff usually ships 8-12 hours before it arrives at my house. I've yet to get anything from them late. I always get it on launch day.
So YMMV obviously.

I preorder a lot from Best Buy, and this is usually the case. Still makes the wait unbearable. ; ;

Can someone help me decide which one to get? I played FE 6 through PoR. 7 was my first and favorite. Was never the biggest fan of the no-grinding/permadeath but I realize how much it added to the experience and really made the game what it was.

I only played Awakening a little bit and am a much less patient gamer than I was when playing through the earlier FEs. I'm older and games tend not to hold my attention as long. I do tend to read and plan a bit in terms of characters, relationships etc. Which one should I start with? I'm worried that I may not have the interest to play through the second one and may only play one, or one+revelation. Worried about finding hard to go through Birthright with its simplicity after playing conquest first.

It might frustrate me to no end, but I'll power through it.

You can always play Normal/Casual
or Normal/Phoenix but I'll judge you
if you're having trouble.
First FE I'm playing since the original FE with Roy. I didn't get too far in The Sacred Stones. Excited as fuck.

Thank god.

original FE features Marth, or if you go by western releases only Lyn/Eliwood/Hector lol

Top Bottom