• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Lynx_7

Just beat Conquest chapter 9 Hard/Classic last night and so far it hasn't been as difficult as I'd expected. The chapters I've seen most people complain about (5, 7 and 8 I believe) didn't give me much trouble. I completed 5 and 7 first try and 8 on the second or third. Ironically the chapters that did give me a fair share of resets are the ones I've seen absolutely nobody complain about, which were 3 and 6. Just fuck those two fortress guys in 3 and their stupid RNGod blocking and dodging every fucking single one of my attacks. I still don't know if I like the element of randomness in a strategy game such as FE. I understand its purpose, but still, it can really screw over an otherwise perfectly well planned strategy and make you reset because of something outside your control.
As for 6 the only reason it gave me some trouble is because I insisted on beating
Ryouma
with Corrin.
Really enjoying the game so far, definetely a lot more balanced than Awakening.

I'm now mentally preparing myself for ch.10 after all the horror stories I've heard.

Dsyndrome

Chapter 6 Conquest even on Normal Classic was a kick in the nuts, so much one-shotting it wasn't even funny. Had to restart 5-6 times, screw archers and people going out of their way to target healers.

I've decided to use all 4 Hoshido siblings so...

What's a quick way of grinding Sakura up to speed? Thinking of just sticking a tank in front of enemy fire and having her constantly heal.
I had my Sakura stick close to Saizo, since that's who I was pairing her off with, and had her heal every little scratch he got and anybody else around until she got to level 10 then promoted her into a Priestess. She hits much harder than I expected.

Dimmle

I had my Sakura stick close to Saizo, since that's who I was pairing her off with, and had her heal every little scratch he got and anybody else around until she got to level 10 then promoted her into a Priestess. She hits much harder than I expected.

I'm pretty happy with priestess Sakura. She's a perfect tool against mages.

Does everyone's Kaze have ridiculous Resistance?

MrPanic

How do you know when to do the child missions? Just tried to do the first one that I got, but it utterly destroyed my whole team.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Second playthrough Birthright
because I'm poor and can't afford Conquest yet
let's goooooooooooo

My female Corrin

Name is Serris

7OYXWMJ.png

PK Gaming

Doing this with Hana currently. Hopefully I get some good level ups~

GeekyDad

It definitely is different.
Pairing is a "defensive" stance now. It's meant to block hits, and you get that shield meter that will guarantee a block. They only pair attack when side by side, I think.
Awakening had it so that pairing did everything, so this is a much less broken way of making the pairing system work. :) -- But also means I die a lot more because enemies do it too.. haha.

I see. Thanks.

Yeah, I like it a lot better. Awakening was fun in an FFT-broke-ass way, but this is a much better way to keep those interesting elements without completely breaking the game.

How do you know when to do the child missions? Just tried to do the first one that I got, but it utterly destroyed my whole team.
I was under the impression that there is no real point when to do the child paralogues because they scale with the story. But I could be wrong.

Ryuukan

It's boring but you should do the child missions asap meaning you should make your S pairs asap

the paralogue enemies scale with story progress

Squire

Banned

You promoted at 10? Huh. Mine is 16. I pretty much heal with her e clinics ly though I am using Jakob too. Wonder if I should finish the sprint to 20 or just promote her now...

You promoted at 10? Huh. Mine is 16. I pretty much heal with her e clinics ly though I am using Jakob too. Wonder if I should finish the sprint to 20 or just promote her now...
I've decided for my first run of the game I'm not going to worry about skill efficiency since I don't have a complete lock on what I skills want yet( Plus I've got plently of time since I've got the SE with all three) so I'm promoting units as soon as I can promote them.

Ascenion

Just started the game yesterday. Just finished chapter 5. As it stands I have negative desire to play the conquest path, but I'm feeling like I should play it first now.

Draxal

Just beat Conquest chapter 9 Hard/Classic last night and so far it hasn't been as difficult as I'd expected. The chapters I've seen most people complain about (5, 7 and 8 I believe) didn't give me much trouble. I completed 5 and 7 first try and 8 on the second or third. Ironically the chapters that did give me a fair share of resets are the ones I've seen absolutely nobody complain about, which were 3 and 6. Just fuck those two fortress guys in 3 and their stupid RNGod blocking and dodging every fucking single one of my attacks. I still don't know if I like the element of randomness in a strategy game such as FE. I understand its purpose, but still, it can really screw over an otherwise perfectly well planned strategy and make you reset because of something outside your control.
As for 6 the only reason it gave me some trouble is because I insisted on beating
Ryouma
with Corrin.
Really enjoying the game so far, definetely a lot more balanced than Awakening.

I'm now mentally preparing myself for ch.10 after all the horror stories I've heard.

10 is where the real fun begins. 5's shared between both factions so it's not that bad, alot of the people complaining about 5 are playing birthright.

PK Gaming

Don't the kids come with child seals after chapter 18? Might be best to wait until then if you want to incorporate them into your main lineup...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Don't the kids come with child seals after chapter 18? Might be best to wait until then if you want to incorporate them into your main lineup...
I agree with this. The only child I got with the seal was Selkie and she dominated in the last few chapters. Waiting is wise.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Out of curiosity, how do child seals assign stats? Is it just based on growth rates, or do you get to 'see' the level ups happen individually (i.e. seeds/RNG coming into play)

//ARCANUM

Posted this last night but never got an answer. Can anyone help?

I need help understanding the shop in game. So I go to the shop and see all these weapons and items. Some are bold, some are greyed out. I'm *assuming* bold means a character can use them? But I don't really see a way to properly compare a weapon in the shop with the weapon I have equipped....

What is the best way for buying weapons and stuff and comparing against what you have? The game doesn't actually tell you this shit, unfortunately. :/

Bold = usuable
Grey = not usuable

If you want to compare weapon go to the character when your buying, in the touch screen you'll see their equips, click it and it'll show the weapon stats. Then use that to compare to the screen above where the weapon from the shop are.

Hazmat

Bold means you can use it, greyed out means you can't. Aside from looking at the stats of what you have equipped and comparing it to the stats of something else I don't think there's any way to compare weapons.

I've been avoiding looking too much up gameplay-wise but this is something one wouldn't discover until too late. Very good to know as I'm right there at 18. It was worth getting Velouria who came at a level 20 already, though taking a Master Seal. She then wrecked faces on Sophie's paralogue and will be very helpful in the next battle. However, might as well hold off on the others for that one more stage..

//ARCANUM

Bold = usuable
Grey = not usuable

If you want to compare weapon go to the character when your buying, in the touch screen you'll see their equips, click it and it'll show the weapon stats. Then use that to compare to the screen above where the weapon from the shop are.

Bold means you can use it, greyed out means you can't. Aside from looking at the stats of what you have equipped and comparing it to the stats of something else I don't think there's any way to compare weapons.

Awesome thank you both! I think I'm just spoiled by the Persona/SMT shop system where it straight up gives you a "this is better" or "this is worse" signifier, lol.

Taruranto

Finished.

Last chapter was a massacre, I had to rush toward the boss as my units started to drop like flies. I'm on classic and didn't want to replay chapter 26 too (why no save before final boss >_<).

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the game, story was mostly junk and the writing was lol
also that scene where you bound on Camilla's tits
in the ending made me facepalm hard, but gameplay was really fun and a return to the classic Fire Emblem.

I don't think I'll ever play Birthright, maybe Revelation in the future... I'm not fond of the Awakening structure and one thing I really like about FE is the inability to grind, but I kinda want to see how the two casts interact and play with the larger cast. Maybe once it gets released here in Euroland I'll give it a go.

Phocks

Localized Support is poor, but that fan translation is so bad. Yikes man, can you get more Google Translate?

(Yes, you can, but you get the point)
It had some grammar issues but it wasn't THAT bad.
Except for the Revelations translation
. I almost wish I didn't play through the Japanese version because some of the changes are jarring like Effie's complete personality change, perhaps I wouldn't feel this way if I didn't know about the original at all.

Grind support at different player's myCastle, then do paralogues. They scale to your current chapter's level and its a good place to get exp.
Huh, for some reason I thought that only worked when you got invaded.Thanks!

I did end up buying the DLC regardless tho. Some of my units, especially Effie since I used her to support defense others, are just way too low, so its probably for the best. Good news is that I can still buy the map pack, so when the time comes I'll still get a $4.50 discount!

MrPanic

It's boring but you should do the child missions asap meaning you should make your S pairs asap

the paralogue enemies scale with story progress

Really? That's some crappy scaling then because I'm playing on normal/casual and haven't lost a single character in any mission yet, but this child paralogue utterly rekt all of my A-team. By the time I had only half of my team still alive, 5 more waves of enemies spawned after that. I'd positive that this child mission is mathematically impossible to finish at this point. (I'm at chapter 11 of Birthright, child is called Kana)

Got up to Chapter 18 in Conquest, doing Normal/Classic. Good GOD these missions can be infuriating, but I will say there's a good payoff in the feeling after winning without losing anyone. Gonna go from here to Birthright then eventually Revelation. I really hope Hoshido ends up being more interesting than they're presented in Conquest because while the main plot is dumb, the actual characters and interactions on Nohr's side are all fantastic.

Top Bottom