• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Luigi87

Im at chapter 12 i think, its normal to lose one carácter since chp. 9/10? they always kill them at the end :(, one of those bow units kill in an instant , i lost the red haired pegasus hoshido girl

Bows have bonus damage against Pegasus Sky Knights. That's why they have the exclamation appear by their heads when you have a Sky Knight selected, it's a warning (also bows have an image of a Pegasus next to them to display bonus damage).
You can get through without losing anyone, you just need to plan.
Keep Sky Knights away from archers, and possibly paired up as the back unit (so they don't get attacked).

I feel like I really need the grind dlc for conquest but don't have enough money for the map pack.

Does anyone know if I can buy the grind DLC today and then get the map pack, still saving some money, or does it lock you out of the map pack? I plan to get them all eventually since I don't wanna miss anything.

I'm playing Casual/Normal too. I suck, but also want to use it to grind weapon levels too. Plus a couple of units are really underlevelled. I don't want Xander taking all the xp in the end XD.

Luigi87

I feel like I really need the grind dlc for conquest but don't have enough money for the map pack.

Does anyone know if I can buy the grind DLC today and then get the map pack, still saving some money, or does it lock you out of the map pack? I plan to get them all eventually since I don't wanna miss anything.

I'm playing Casual/Normal too. I suck, but also want to use it to grind weapon levels too. Plus a couple of units are really underlevelled. I don't want Xander taking all the xp in the end XD.

Hm, while I don't know about Weapon Levels, I believe DLC still won't give EXP/gold in Conquest either (I believe the game is programmed to prevent that)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Grind support at different player's myCastle, then do paralogues. They scale to your current chapter's level and its a good place to get exp.

Astral Dog

Bows have bonus damage against Pegasus Sky Knights. That's why they have the exclamation appear by their heads when you have a Sky Knight selected, it's a warning (also bows have an image of a Pegasus next to them to display bonus damage).
You can get through without losing anyone, you just need to plan.
Keep Sky Knights away from archers, and possibly paired up as the back unit (so they don't get attacked).

ok, its just that happens right at the end after many turns and minutes!
well, for some reason i have not used the pair up mechanic yet unlike Awakening, but it seems like neccessary. thats whats lacking.

Two weapons are "combined" into a forge for the cost a certain resource. For instance, to make a forged bronze naginata I need two of them and one coral. All of these will be consumed and I'll receive a bronze naginata with +2 might. To forge a better one, you'll need another once forged bronze naginata and 2 coral, which will consume both and make an even stronger forge.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Conquest Ch 9 still: I feel like, aside from Corrin, Effie is my only truly reliable unit.

Fuck those skills that sap 6 defense. My god.

Same here, I'm on the same chapter. I rage quit last night after Effie got killed. I think I need to better utilize Freeze on those units with the -6 DEF skill so I can attack them first before they get me, once I'm inside the castle.

I'll try again tonight, but yeah. Tough chapter - I have a few ideas of what I need to do to win... use Freeze and try leaving Effie paired up with someone else.

Its funny the Experience dlc is the last thing I want right now whereas in Awakening I loved it.

Getting more exp is actually a bad thing for me right now. I need fucking money and seals. Too many units are close to Level 20.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Reading this thread coupled with the fact that this game is still sold out in literally every store here is maddening.
I wanna play </3

I would just buy the eShop version. The physical version is whack, not booklet or cool art insert or anything. I mean unless you're relaly sold on having physical versions of your game, you'd be better off with the eShop version. This is a game you're probably going to leave in your system a long time.

Dimmle

Two weapons are "combined" into a forge for the cost a certain resource. For instance, to make a forged bronze naginata I need two of them and one coral. All of these will be consumed and I'll receive a bronze naginata with +2 might. To forge a better one, you'll need another once forged bronze naginata and 2 coral, which will consume both and make an even stronger forge.

Is there any way to raise Crit, Hit, or weight like forges in previous FE games?

I would just buy the eShop version. The physical version is whack, not booklet or cool art insert or anything. I mean unless you're really sold on having physical versions of your game, you'd be better off with the eShop version. This is a game you're probably going to leave in your system a long time.

Yeah, that's fair. I've been thinking about it- I dig putting the boxes on my shelves and I loath the way Nintendo has handled digital. Just picked up a 3DS after having an ex take my launch console and needing to sell my New 3DS a while back, I must have lost 10-15 digital titles in that exhange.

Buuut, I'm impatient and may cave, haha.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Yeah, that's fair. I've been thinking about it- I dig putting the boxes on my shelves and I loath the way Nintendo has handled digital. Just picked up a 3DS after having an ex take my launch console and needing to sell my New 3DS a while back, I must have lost 10-15 digital titles in that exhange.

Buuut, I'm impatient and may cave, haha.

? You can redownload your digital games on the eShop with a new system. Assuming that your old Account isn't still linked on your old system. But even if it is, you can call Nintendo and have them "unlink" the account from your old 3DS so you can re-download them on your new one.

? You can redownload your digital games on the eShop with a new system. Assuming that your old Account isn't still linked on your old system. But even if it is, you can call Nintendo and have them "unlink" the account from your old 3DS so you can re-download them on your new one.

Really? Well, that is news to me, haha. A couple friends that are more Nintendo-centric than I am told me that I couldn't.
I'll give them a shout tonight, thanks!!!

Can someone give me a rundown of how smithing works? I don't think the game does a very good job explaining it.
You need the materials and two of the same weapons to upgrade.

So say 1 Emearld upgrades a Bronze bow, well you need two Brozne Bows and 1 Emerald to combine into a better bow.

Basically it's not like the older games were you can just upgrade Weapon by itself.

Chrom

Sorry, should have asked my question better, when does the DLC become available to play? I've already purchased and downloaded it.

If you have already purchased and downloaded DLC maps, then you should see a menu option at the Dragon's Gate to play them. Can't miss it.

Wait, the new DLC or just the map pack?

The new DLC, Boo Camp and Beach Brawl, have just released today. You can purchase them individually or buy them as part of Map Pack 1, which is a bundle of all of the maps currently planned for the game.

Ogodei

Had a frothing meltdown over Conquest 10 last night.

The fact that ballistae can't kill is maddening on a defensive chapter. That absolutely strips the purpose of them, almost makes it worse, then they just rush your defensive positions, die, but get their attacks in, and makes it perfect for them to wear your people down.

At least they were smart enough to ignore Camille (although that makes them tougher, instead of just putting her out there and letting them die in wave after wave).

You need the materials and two of the same weapons to upgrade.

So say 1 Emearld upgrades a Bronze bow, well you need two Brozne Bows and 1 Emerald to combine into a better bow.

Basically it's not like the older games were you can just upgrade Weapon by itself.

Is Smithing weapons worth it? I'm kinda tight on money now and want to see if I should just wait for silver weapons or just forge my iron weapons at the moment.

Is Smithing weapons worth it? I'm kinda tight on money now and want to see if I should just wait for silver weapons or just forge my iron weapons at the moment.
It's little damage upgrade, but if you have extra weapons might as well do it.
I think it's worthless, but I'm Conquest Hard and haven't even used any of the 20000 gold that I've gotten

Fandangox

Had a frothing meltdown over Conquest 10 last night.

The fact that ballistae can't kill is maddening on a defensive chapter. That absolutely strips the purpose of them, almost makes it worse, then they just rush your defensive positions, die, but get their attacks in, and makes it perfect for them to wear your people down.

At least they were smart enough to ignore Camille (although that makes them tougher, instead of just putting her out there and letting them die in wave after wave).

The ballista is very useful still. I had Niles man it on the right and with doubles from Azura he weakened the first wave of archers to the point he could take care of them by himself without having to waste any other unit there. Its also very useful to aim at the enemy fliers since Beruka can pick on the weakened ones while Camilla goes for the other ones.

It's good if a character is just on the edge of being able to ORKO consistently. Kaze always used forged steel shuriken which was a big enough damage boost to help him ORKO most enemies. Otherwise it probably isn't worth the cost, an enemy left with 2 or 6 HP isn't all that different and doing overkill damage is literally worthless.

Is Conquest's Chapter 8 reward worth it or is the extra EXP the way to go? I know what the reward is, but I'm just curious what you guys did.

PK Gaming

I've decided to use all 4 Hoshido siblings so...

What's a quick way of grinding Sakura up to speed? Thinking of just sticking a tank in front of enemy fire and having her constantly heal.

I've always liked high Crit weapons as training wheels for weaker units.
Typically I've found that +crit forges are too small to be reliable (for any purpose) and are more likely to hurt me by accidentally killing an enemy and opening up a unit to being attacked.

+might lowers the amount the weaker unit needs to have their target dropped to kill range which makes feeding kills easier imo

Typically I've found that +crit forges are too small to be reliable (for any purpose) and are more likely to hurt me by accidentally killing an enemy and opening up a unit to being attacked.

+might lowers the amount the weaker unit needs to have their target dropped to kill range which makes feeding kills easier imo

I wish when you made a +1 forge you had the option to upgrade one of might, hit, or crit

cause I find myself needing hit more than power, but forges don't really give you that!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Is Conquest's Chapter 8 reward worth it or is the extra EXP the way to go? I know what the reward is, but I'm just curious what you guys did.

? I don't understand. Are you asking if I choose to warn the 3 villages, or not? I don't even know if that map is possible (on Hard) without visiting the 3 villages, the reinforcements are too much to get by without it.

Mr. Jimmy

Yesterday, I gave up Conquest at Lunatic/Classic and went for Hard/Classic. It wasn't frustrating enough but I just don't have the time to play anymore and I wasn't making any progress :( then I managed to beat Chapter 10 at first try in Hard :( someday I'm going to come back with enough time!

I've parked the game for now after a bleary-eyed marathon session ending last night. I'm as mentioned before at start of Chapter 18 Conquest but only just locked in/played a couple Paralogues. Velouria is appropriately quite the beast in battle and I might just spice and wolf this thing up and go with her for my avatar. I tend to like trying the less common choices.

Those invasion missions are pretty neat too. Had a challenging one that made me rearrange some defensive elements around the castle to best head things off.

Astral Dog

The new DLC, Boo Camp and Beach Brawl, have just released today. You can purchase them individually or buy them as part of Map Pack 1, which is a bundle of all of the maps currently planned for the game.

thanks i didnt know they were going to be released today, because the two other paths are much im going light on DLC

Dimmle

I raised Azura and Sakura to 20 (not that it matters for Azura) early on in a Challenge map in which a Faceless was caught up in the fruitless endeavor of attacking Mozu who would be continually healed by Sakura who in turn would be serenaded by Azura. This went on for 108 turns.

That's Fire Emblem.

Chase17

Question about some Birhright plot points through chapter 17.

Does Kaze die in the explosion if you don't have an A rank with him?

Also, is there a way for me to not let Flora burn herself alive? If so, whoops!

? I don't understand. Are you asking if I choose to warn the 3 villages, or not? I don't even know if that map is possible (on Hard) without visiting the 3 villages, the reinforcements are too much to get by without it.

I feel like pairing Effie with Corrin and using the Dragonstone should allow me to tank the hits from the north while the rest deal with the western reinforcements. If I need to, I would retreat to the beginning area, where there's a chokepoint.

Still, I'm wondering if trying to level up Odin and Archer Mozu is good here to make the later chapters easier. It's just that getting the Heart Seal and Bow for Mozu pretty much destroyed my starting funds, so I don't think I have enough for healing staves down the line.

This is my problem right now with the options that this chapter provides. Go for money or go for experience?

TBH, this wouldn't be such a hard decision if I was on Normal, but I'm on Hard. =/

Top Bottom