• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Moonlight

Banned
Man Conquest 10 was sooooo much fun. Figuring out how to deploy resources was great and having each character with a defined role was fantastic and just tons of fun to figure out the optimal deployment of. Reclassing Corrin to Cavalier was one of the best decisions I've ever made, I don't think I could have beaten this without it. Elise's Freeze staff was also the hero with stopping nasty pegs when needed. Niles was a big contributor, having Beruka/Selena clog the left side helped a lot, Nyx with the magic siege was really useful, Effie was not as helpful as you might think because armor move is so bad but her one shotting pegs was really great. Camilla is also insanely good, if anyone hadn't figured that out yet.
It really needs to be repeated, Conquest 10 is one of the best designed missions in a Fire Emblem game. It's just such a thoughtful mission in its' strategic resource placement, enemy wave compositions, terrain, and objectives. It's just really, really smart.

Dimmle

I really can't stop hearing Nanako from P4 when Mozu speaks...

tumblr_o34sys6cQD1rcqyvgo1_1280.jpg

http://akaemmybelle.tumblr.com/post/140001644987/a-quick-fates-doodle-because-voice-actor-jokes

My friend drew this after we had a discussion on the Mozu-Nanako connection.

It really needs to be repeated, Conquest 10 is one of the best designed missions in a Fire Emblem game. It's just such a thoughtful mission in its' strategic resource placement, enemy wave compositions, terrain, and objectives. It's just really, really smart.
I'm scared but also excited to replay it when I do my eventual Lunatic run.

Ponn

Banned
So I have one Master Seal and 3 units at level 20. Well actually Felicia is level 21 so she can apparently level past 20. I have Arthur and Kaze then with one Master Seal but I have a couple special seals I must have gotten from path bonus.

Ebon Wing
Dread Fighter
Lodestar

Are any of these seals good upgrades for either Arthur or Kaze (or Felicia I guess, I can wait on her though)?

Dresden

Birthright chapter 10 was really boring, even on lunatic. Chopping through like fifty ninjas was a total slog. At least Hinoka and Oboro are RNGing nicely.

Jims

These chapters are like marathons sometimes! Just finished Birthright 14 and was terrified during the last few turns, checking all the criticals multiplier numbers to be safe. Had some really nice level ups that run, and wanted to lock them in. Luckily the last section is a lot easier to manage.

I find those big open maps really difficult. Trying to figure out how to sweep everyone in range, or worse case scenario, which enemy to leave that'll do the least damage. Ended up having to back up the whole team to let Takumi bait/kill one archer, just so the numbers would work better the next turn.

I can absolutely not beat Paralouge 7

Shiro always ends up killing himself as soon as he gets a turn and I can't get anyone in rescue range without having that person immediately get killed.

Yep, I just ran into this.
After the third time, I thought about using Rescue to the max.

Just follow these easy steps.
Step 1: Pair first staff user with Rescue with flier.
Step 2: Fly out to where Shiro is in range and use Rescue.
Step 3: Rescue Shiro with second staff wielder in the main group still at the start.
Step 4: Dance second staff wielder to move again.
Step 5: Rescue first staff wielder with second able to act again.

Now we'll see how the rest of the map goes.

Delio

Keaton is adorable and a powerhouse. That is all.

So I'm on to chapter 21 am I near the end of the game? I ask because Only like a few units have been promoted and I fear my squad might be kinda underpowered for this. I'm on Nohr btw.

When does the game tell you? Other than him having a dragon stone?

And I didn't select him that turn and so I didn't see the exclamation point.

I think it's a pretty obvious thing when he transforms into a friggin dragon, but I do admit you have a point. There's nothing on the status UI to indicate what "type" of unit your character is, so unless you were pretty familiar with the old games, you wouldn't be able to easily tell some things without trial and error such as who counts as a armor unit besides the standard knight.

Beat Chapter 14 Birthright (hard). After all the trouble Chapters 11, 12, and 13 gave me, it was nice to have an easy chapter. Silas and Oboro put in some work. Got a bunch of units leveled up and managed to rank up a decent number of supports. Feeling good going into Chapter 15.

And yes, I've got the A rank with Kaze.

Bought Conquest and got some time to play today.

I'll always enjoy Fire Emblem so instead of praising the holy heck out of it, I'll focus more on some of the aspects I don't like.

I don't know why I expected much out of the story.
Like you were told by a very bad man, your older brother warned you about, that he was gonna kill you under others from dad., and then you learned your adopted dad practically put a bomb on you to kill you and your birth mom. Not to mention that your adopted dad is already kind of super stern guy who would kill unarmed POWs. Still I want to go back and talk to him? The naivete is real.

Tubobutts

Yep, I just ran into this.
After the third time, I thought about using Rescue to the max.

Just follow these easy steps.
Step 1: Pair first staff user with Rescue with flier.
Step 2: Fly out to where Shiro is in range and use Rescue.
Step 3: Rescue Shiro with second staff wielder in the main group still at the start.
Step 4: Dance second staff wielder to move again.
Step 5: Rescue first staff wielder with second able to act again.

Now we'll see how the rest of the map goes.

i managed to beat it by flying Ryouma as close as possible, following him with a dancer and basically ignoring everything else. I got lucky that Shiro decided to heal himself at 2HP instead of running off to attack someone else. And that Ryouma was close enough that the enemies attacked him instead of Shiro. And that Azura managed to dodge everything somehow.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Everyone is family. THE MOMENT OF TRUTH. WHICH PATH WILL I CHOOSE?

Birthright first, then Conquest, then revelations.

Astral Dog

How are you suppossed to beat the Beach Brawl? every team has huge disadvantages, the characters start using an umbrella as a weapon and cant do damage, you cant level up, the Dragon seals barely help at all, whats wrong? :(

Vamphuntr

This game is so good. It's such a step up from Awakening. Chose Conquest for my first playthrough. The items you get for having the 3 path on the SE appear to be game breaking a bit.

Wondering who I should pair the MC with. Is Azura a good match for potent kids?

Silas is about ready to be promoted. Would you guys recommend doing Great Knight then switching over to Paladin at 15? I definitely wanna grab Luna and Armored Strike either way, but Paladin seems like the more appealing class to end on.

DooD1234

Man Conquest 10 was sooooo much fun. Figuring out how to deploy resources was great and having each character with a defined role was fantastic and just tons of fun to figure out the optimal deployment of. Reclassing Corrin to Cavalier was one of the best decisions I've ever made, I don't think I could have beaten this without it. Elise's Freeze staff was also the hero with stopping nasty pegs when needed. Niles was a big contributor, having Beruka/Selena clog the left side helped a lot, Nyx with the magic siege was really useful, Effie was not as helpful as you might think because armor move is so bad but her one shotting pegs was really great. Camilla is also insanely good, if anyone hadn't figured that out yet.
Just beat that stage. Definitely one of the harder and fun stages. Even cleared it with no deaths on hard/classic. Beating that chapter made me so happy. That chapter have to make you use everyone of your characters very thoughtfully.

Conquest 10 is basically "Oh, you guys want a defense chapter? Oh, we'll give you a defense chapter."
IS finally made a non lame defense chapter!

Birds of a Feather, the one in Thracia where you get Dean, and Elincia's Gambit are all okay but usually defense maps suuuuuuck in a boring and easy to cheese or a "glorified kill commander" sort of way.

Actually are there any good ways of cheesing it? Like have four relatively bulky units with healing items just sit on the defend tiles?

Luigi87

Finally beat Conquest 10 on Hard/Classic... People who do that on Lunatic are... well, lunatics <_<

Such a frigging intense map. Worst is on the final turn
I accidentally had Azura Wait rather than Sing. Fortunately the only thing I really needed to do on my last turn was heal up Corrin for Oboro's impending attack, but, lol...

Neol

Silas is about ready to be promoted. Would you guys recommend doing Great Knight then switching over to Paladin at 15? I definitely wanna grab Luna and Armored Strike either way, but Paladin seems like the more appealing class to end on.

Silas ended up as my tank in birthright so I just kept him as a Great Knight. Guess if you want more res go with Paladin in the end but you honestly can't go wrong with either one with him.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Hinoka sounds like Buttercup.
THANK YOU. I mentioned this before and nobody agreed. She sounds exactly like her.

That said, I hate her English voice. Most of the dub voices are fine (and some I'd argue are superior, like cough syrup Setsuna) but Hinoka's in particular is gratingly unfitting for her character and not at all like her original voice.

Top Bottom