• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

You don't need to go get Azura. You can move her to the dragon vein. There's even one enemy in that area early on that moves around the map so that you can sneak azura through there. Once she hits the dragon vein, she's literally in the clear. The goal of the map is to take the throne where the boss is.

Yeah, I know that now. But my first run through after using the Dragon Vein I thought if I reunited Azura and the Avatar I'd get a scene or something, not to mention she's very useful tactically so I wanted to get her back to the main group. Next time though, she's parking her ass by the Dragon Vein and not moving.

Growth-wise, Silas is generally better (though she'll handle mages a lot better), but Peri has a way better personal skill (which isn't hard, in fairness) and she's just so amazing in general I'd never want her out of my rotation.

Her personal skill + dance is so good. Plus she has an amazing design.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm in love with Peri. Best Fire Emblem cavalier ever.
I can't wait to pair her up with Xander. I can't even imagine their supports, lol. I also want Xander's kid to have cotton candy colored hair.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
The grinding DLC map isn't even that great.
The monsters don't give that much EXP (compared to Awakening), and they're all still pretty high levels if you take your weak party.
Guess I'll just have the other characters sit out.

They scale to your chapter in the story, I believe.

So if you're on chapter, say, 17 of Conquest, a level 2 Mozu is gonna have a rough go, yeah.

FWIW, only the green colored enemies seem to actively pursue you, and if you want to catch up to the gold enemies, you can break the wall in the middle of where you start.

Azuran

Banned
Takumi my fucking god. I upgraded him to Sniper and now he's getting criticals every attack. Like Jesus Christ, is he even human? God what a beast of a unit.

RIP Shinon.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Takumi my fucking god. I upgraded him to Sniper and now he's getting criticals every attack. Like Jesus Christ, is he even human? God what a beast of a unit.

RIP Shinon.
Takumi and Ryoma together on the field is like a giant blazing stream of death.

There's a lot of crying.
That sounds... abusive

RIP Shinon.
Seriously the best archer in the series. The only bowlock character I can think of that's better is Shin and Shin has the advantage of a horse (and a game with the nastiest wyverns of all time)

Takumi and Ryoma together on the field is like a giant blazing stream of death.

That sounds... abusive
Well, not together, because then Ryoma doesn't get to take advantage of having the best enemy phase ever :p

SolVanderlyn

fire_emblem_x_legend_of_zelda_by_thebloudymorder-d9ssvfl.png

Lunar15

The way they get children in this game is so outrageously dumb. Yikes.

The next game, should they choose to have children again, absolutely must have a significant time skip. One, because that would actually make sense, and two, because it'd be real fun to see what characters look like when they're older. That was one of the cooler parts of Radiant Dawn...although that wasn't a whole lot of time in between it and Path of Radiance.

Either way, ditch the children or figure something else better out. I also don't really like the fact that you stop getting new units at a certain point and then it's just all children from there on out, it annoyed me in Awakening too.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Is there a way to make the battle cameras default to fast forward, like awakening let you do? I set the game speed to fast, but that didn't do it.

Dimmle

The next game, should they choose to have children again, absolutely must have a significant time skip. One, because that would actually make sense, and two, because it'd be real fun to see what characters look like when they're older. That was one of the cooler parts of Radiant Dawn...although that wasn't a whole lot of time in between it and Path of Radiance.

there will be a muscle skip where everyone gets muscles

jg4xchamp

Hi, I bought Conquest digitally, and then bought Birthright for cheaper on that games store, but I don't see the option to pick the birthright path first. I'd rather do that one first, and then do conquest.

Busaiku

Odin and Beruka are my critical masters.
With 40%+ each.

Unfortunately, Odin's Mag isn't high enough to tear through enemies instantly, but Beruka destroys everything and can take some hits.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Hi, I bought Conquest digitally, and then bought Birthright for cheaper on that games store, but I don't see the option to pick the birthright path first. I'd rather do that one first, and then do conquest.

At the start of chapter 6 you choose the path.

Lynx_7

I had it. I HAD it. Last turn of chapter 10, the enemies were right in front of the green tiles, so I put up a last line of defense to survive that one turn and then victory was mine. I set up everybody perfectly in position so they would withstand the last assault. Last units I had to move literally on the entire chapter,
Beruka
with a support Corrin.All I needed to do was switch Corrin to the lead with the dragonstone equipped and brag about how I beat hard/classic chapter 10 with no losses on my second try. I move
Beruka to her
position and then... I just end the turn. I just straight up forgot to switch them around. I immediately realize my mistake and my heart drops a beat. My l33t hardcore© twitch gaming reflexes had just betrayed me. I watch it all as it unfolds. Corrin, like the goddamn boss he is tanks the first guy and his partner. It doesnt matter.
One of the three named characters, the girl from the right
, is the first one to land a hit. Next guy comes around, the last one that can actually hit that unit. If the RNGod hears my prayers and blocks or dodges at least one of their attacks (because he had an attack support) then my fluke would be forgiven and everyone would live to see another day. I pray to the random numbers that be and then a voice whispers in my ears:

"Git gud"

And that... Was that. Chapter 10 completed. A pyrrhic victory. Feels more like a loss though.

I can't, GAF. I can't do it again. I'm taking that loss.
She
looked like a good unit but screw it. It's not worth it! I'll save in another slot just in case I change my mind but I doubt I'll actually muster the determination to do that again.
... I totally will, won't I? Goddamnit.

silva1991

How do I get shiro? I know the father is Ryoma, but who's the mother? any female character will do?

I skipped the explanation cutscene by mistake, but I looked it up just now and lmao.

I was wondering why one of the paralogues took place in in a weird planet when I looked at the second screen.

now I know.

LegendX48

Decided to play this game on Hard/Classic and I'm kinda starting to regret it. I cannot get through chapter 5. Any tips on getting through? My character is the only one capable of getting a kill and enduring hits, everyone else is basically made of tissue paper and can't do damage worth a damn.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Decided to play this game on Hard/Classic and I'm kinda starting to regret it. I cannot get through chapter 5. Any tips on getting through? My character is the only one capable of getting a kill and enduring hits, everyone else is basically made of tissue paper and can't do damage worth a damn.
Lower the difficulty.

Galactic Fork

Only use the main character and azura.
Move MC close enough for the two guys on the left to attack. Move everybody else to the left but out of range. Next round, the guys on the left will be dead and the guys on the right will be closer. For the rest of the level, use Azura to give you a second turn. Keep everybody else out of range. Easy peasy.

I'll give the same advice I give for everyone on chapter five. Each of your characters fills a specific role in this map so it's important to understand those roles to understand how to clear this.

Corrin - can tank non magic/non-wyrmslayers, will one shot anything on the map except the boss
Kaze - great for baiting in mages because of his 1-2 range and great resistance
Rinkah - should be permanently paired up with Kaze to boost his strength and give him Guard Stance
Sakura - heal anything not at full health
Azura - DO NOT PAIR UP, use as a refresh for whatever you need, this will usually be Corrin but you might need another heal.

Remember that basically anyone in your group can tank at least one attack from the mages, but the wyrmslayers are much more threatening. Use Kaze to draw in the wyrmslayers and then instakill them with Corrin before they can attack him. Use Kaze then to finish off mages that he should have wounded in enemy phases when they attacked him. For the paired mercenaries who both have wyrmslayers, use Corrin to instakill the one on top and then have Azura refresh so he can kill the partner before either can attack. Make sure that there will be only one mage to attack Azura or Sakura on enemy phase. Try to get Kaze to draw in the mages at the bottom and get attacked by both, but not get attacked by the wyrmslayer.

LegendX48

Only use the main character and azura.
Move MC close enough for the two guys on the left to attack. Move everybody else to the left but out of range. Next round, the guys on the left will be dead and the guys on the right will be closer. For the rest of the level, use Azura to give you a second turn. Keep everybody else out of range. Easy peasy.

those two groups I can get through easy enough, it's
the group right on Ryoma that I can't figure out how to take out. Can't bait them with my character cause of the paired up wyrmslayer users and the two mages

Zaventem

Holy shit Rend Heaven is hilariously broken. Probably the highest activation rate i've seen in the series so far. Skill x 1.5% chance of adding half the enemy’s Strength (if user has a physical weapon) or Magic (if user has a magical weapon) as damage

SolVanderlyn

How do I get shiro? I know the father is Ryoma, but who's the mother? any female character will do?
Yeah, although don't use Orochi. Purple hair Shiro looks cool, but Orochi's stats don't work for him. That said, I had Orochi!Shiro and he still rekt everything.

Pau

Only unit who capped a stat before promotion was Kaze. He capped strength. Everyone and everything else got nothing. Is it just me who's getting shitty level ups? ;-;

Either way, ditch the children or figure something else better out. I also don't really like the fact that you stop getting new units at a certain point and then it's just all children from there on out, it annoyed me in Awakening too.
Cosigned. I loved the time skip between PoR and RD.

Also, feel bad for the kids.
From their perspective, they've barely seen their parents.

SolVanderlyn

The explanation for how fast time passes in the deeprealms was astounding. It literally is like the hyperbolic time chamber.
Those kids will be dead in less than a year from their parents' perspective. It's terrible writing and the most obvious hamfisted plot device I've ever seen.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Perhaps its just anecdotal, but either I just have really shitty luck with HP, or this is another 'low' HP-growth rate average game.

Playing Conquest, and even my Effie/Silas/Arthur are barely getting any hp. And let's not even mention Azura/Elise, lol.

the group right on Ryoma that I can't figure out how to take out. Can't bait them with my character cause of the paired up wyrmslayer users and the two mages
Bait with Kaze so that only the mages can attack him on enemy phase. The wyrmslayer dudes will come and you can kill both with Corrin + Azura. Have Kaze kill one of the mages, and then your characters should be able to survive the last mage.

Zaventem

Only unit who capped a stat before promotion was Kaze. He capped strength. Everyone and everything else got nothing. Is it just me who's getting shitty level ups? ;-;

Cosigned. I loved the time skip between PoR and RD.

Also, feel bad for the kids.
From their perspective, they've barely seen their parents.

My Kaze is sitting at 13 str and he's level 17 lol.

SolVanderlyn

I WANT TO PLAY CONQUEST SO BADLY

Hard/Casual is what I'm thinking I'll go with. Kind of worried about the limited XP pool because I've gotten so used to the Awakening/Birthright system. I'm simultaneously fearing and anticipating the git gud message Conquest is going to send my way.

Galactic Fork

On the right there is a bottle neck. Lure the fist mage. Heal. Take out both wyrm slayers in one turn with azura's song. Kill the last mage. Make sure to block the bottleneck so the last guy won't attack azura or sakura. (Order of enemies may be off, but you should only be attacked by 1 enemy during that round, and none can one shot you (as long as you don't leave sakura or azura vulnerable.)

Top Bottom